British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2017 Grand Prix Venues

Where in Sweden is Vastervik please ? Any hints on traveling to the track, is it a good race track. Thanks Ghost.

it's on the southern east coast. https://www.google.com/maps/place/V%C3%A4stervik,+Sverige/@57.9500424,16.2071823,8.46z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x465842418a72d1d9:0x66d4694b77bbf5ba!8m2!3d57.7577156!4d16.6369759

I think flying to Nyköping-Skavsta would be the most suitable but then it is another 4 hour journey by bus or train from the airport to Västervik.

Track is pretty descent, the track have improved since they re-laid it for this season,

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

NICE town to visit

it's on the southern east coast. https://www.google.com/maps/place/V%C3%A4stervik,+Sverige/@57.9500424,16.2071823,8.46z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x465842418a72d1d9:0x66d4694b77bbf5ba!8m2!3d57.7577156!4d16.6369759

I think flying to Nyköping-Skavsta would be the most suitable but then it is another 4 hour journey by bus or train from the airport to Västervik.

Track is pretty descent, the track have improved since they re-laid it for this season,

thanks. I guess anywhere in Sweden is in the middle of nowhere but why put a big fixture at a track that the public find hard to travel to ?

thanks. I guess anywhere in Sweden is in the middle of nowhere but why put a big fixture at a track that the public find hard to travel to ?

Not hard for the speedway fans who live in the region. 2 hours by car from speedway cities like Norrköping and Motala and even less for most of the speedway fans in Småland.

I think the issue is that Skavsta airport and Nyköping city does not have that great connections since it is only served by Ryanair and Wizzair. It is only a 2 hour drive by car from Skavsta to Västervik.

You could fly to Arlanda instead and it will hardly take longer time to get to Västervik by public transport then from Skavsta.

Not hard for the speedway fans who live in the region. 2 hours by car from speedway cities like Norrköping and Motala and even less for most of the speedway fans in Småland.

I think the issue is that Skavsta airport and Nyköping city does not have that great connections since it is only served by Ryanair and Wizzair. It is only a 2 hour drive by car from Skavsta to Västervik.

You could fly to Arlanda instead and it will hardly take longer time to get to Västervik by public transport then from Skavsta.

Thanks Ghost.

I don't know if we could scrape up a big enough crowd to make it a monetary success . . . but, YES PLEASE!!

Slight tangential thought . . . some of the Mile Flattrack races (Springfield, for example) do present HUGE crowds - Springfield 2 this September was a packed house! So, the potential does exist . . .

HB

Greg to win title number 4 this year and to start his defence in Los Angeles in what will be his final year in GP, before retiring?.

Torun is 7th October next year

good guess. you might be right or could be wrong.

Teterow rumoured for 09.09.2017.

Melbourne likely three weeks after Torun I guess? So 28.10.2017.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack