British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cubsforever

Redcar Cubs 8 Halifax Dukes 28 Njl 7/7/16

The Stockton Van Centre sponsored Cubs suffered a heavy defeat at home to a strong Halifax 'Golden Fleece' Dukes last Thursday evening and are now at the wrong end of the Northern Junior League. The Cubs were simply outclassed from the starts and not helped with mechanical gremlins suffered by Elliot Kelly resulting in a 28-8 thumping.

Extra practice sessions are being planned and it is hoped that the side won't have to wait to long to turn their enthusiasm into match points.

Cubs scorers

William O'Keefe 4, Jack Wright (guest) 3, Carl Basford 1, Elliot Kelly 0.

Dukes scorers

Joe Lawlor 9, Jordan Palin 9, Sam McGurk 6&3, Chris Hay 4&2.

The Stockton Van Centre sponsored Cubs suffered a heavy defeat at home to a strong Halifax 'Golden Fleece' Dukes last Thursday evening and are now at the wrong end of the Northern Junior League. The Cubs were simply outclassed from the starts and not helped with mechanical gremlins suffered by Elliot Kelly resulting in a 28-8 thumping.

Extra practice sessions are being planned and it is hoped that the side won't have to wait to long to turn their enthusiasm into match points.

Cubs scorers

William O'Keefe 4, Jack Wright (guest) 3, Carl Basford 1, Elliot Kelly 0.

Dukes scorers

Joe Lawlor 9, Jordan Palin 9, Sam McGurk 6&3, Chris Hay 4&2.

It wasn't a league match was it?

Yes.

I'm glad you've confirmed that, as did Geoff Hayes at Halifax. It's just that the referee says it wasn't!!!!!

I'm glad you've confirmed that, as did Geoff Hayes at Halifax. It's just that the referee says it wasn't!!!!!

If theres anybody you can rely on to get it wrong its bound to be the ref!!!!

Do you have more fixtures, if so when and where. Do Redcar normally have second halfs?

I think they are at home against Berwick on the 4th August, and Workington on the 11th August, with a match against Northside with a date still to be confirmed.

However, I'm sure Cubsforever will confirm one way or the other for you/us.

Next home fixture is the 28/7/16 against Northside Stars.

I am trying to revive second half races and will be running a Minimum of two races each time there isn't a junior match, alternating between 125's one week and 500's the next.

Home fixtures.

4/8-Berwick

11/8-Workington

Away

13/8/--at Northside (a.m.) and Workington (p.m.)