British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

Very disappointed this meeting was off especially as rushed back work from work in Scotland straight from Luton to Leicester get there at 7:20 track looked wet but could have been made race able but riders especially KL ones shown no interest in riding tonight very poor attitude from them.

With regards to the refunds my understanding is tickets are valid for future meetings and then at individual clubs discretion whether to offer refunds i personally can't see why at 7:40 when cash still on site they could not offer this back.

I do wonder if any customers who brought tickets with a credit or debit card could raise a dispute with their card issuer as I did this before for a concert that got cancelled on the night due to power problems I couldnt attend the restaging so card issuer refunded as services not delivered as promised.

I rang my credit card company tonight but disputes section wasnt open until tomorrow.I will be ringing again in the morning,but they have got a heavy workload at the moment with the lowcost holiday problem.

As i said earlier it wasnt just the Lynn riders that showed no interest,was any rider changed?Nathan Greaves maybe

The track looked very wet & as Glynn went round on the JCB, even that was sliding when he went round the bends. I live about 5 miles from BP & we had a very heavy shower from about 5.00-5.30 pm, but the track normally takes water very well. Judging by how wet it was I wonder if it was watered earlier in the afternoon, maybe Glyn could come on & tell us. I think the forecast was for a light shower not the heavy one we had.

Must have been watered as the rain was heavy but only for 5-10 minutes at the track.

Edited by tellboy

I have no qualms about the meeting being off, I arrived about 5pm in pouring rain. I held off going into the stadium until 7:15 as there was no rain and everybody seem to be under the impression there was no question of it being on. To take £36 then 10 minutes later say it's off, no refund is a joke. They knew it wasn't going ahead but never once shut the ticket office or say it may not go ahead. No, happy to take the money and tonight Leicester have probably cost speedway in general a lot more than they realise! Disgusting!!!

• Like 3

The track was no worse at 7.30pm than just after 6.00pm when I arrived. From then onwards very little was done to the track until the riders had walked around and this was a good 45 minutes after I had entered the Stadium.

By today's standards (and bearing in mind there were some notorious wet track dislikers in the King's Lynn team) I could see the meeting was going to be off well before the start so why they keep allowing fans in or let any in to begin with is beyond me.

• Like 2

Ever since they made it 10 heats, sod off, that's your lot, I've never been near a track when there's a threat of rain. But years ago when Arena V Newcastle was off at the last minute around a dozen off us kicked up a stink, started getting aggressive and we all got our money back. I don't usually condone violence, but it seems the only way to be your money back at certain stadiums. I will not be conned, and will do whatever it takes, you lot must be too nice.

• Like 1

Brings back memories of not being able to get money back at Poole when they were counting it in front of my eyes. Didn't even bother to get a refund at Leicester tonight, closest track to Lynn these days so will make every effort to go back ....

Ever since they made it 10 heats, sod off, that's your lot, I've never been near a track when there's a threat of rain

Tbf in the 80s if you got to heat 6 there were no refunds.
  • Like 1

Credit to Dave Darcy who took all the flack from the fans wanting a refund and done his best to explain the procedure for refunds by post. Neil Machin wasn't prepared to back him up and left after two minutes of questioning. Machin is a liar and a crook little wonder he can ride around in a Mercedes with private number plates.

So basically if you can't make one of the remaining 3 meetings it's tough luck ? They keep my money £36 plus £3 for a programme all that down the drain thank you very much Leicester speedway .

Does anyone who attended last night think there is any chance of us getting a refund or will our applications be mysteriously be lost in the post? Is there any point in speaking to Buster on Wednesday as a group to see what his advice is as he is chairman of the BSPA?

Nah you send your tickets back for a refund, a little confusion where you send them though isn't there?

Does anyone who attended last night think there is any chance of us getting a refund or will our applications be mysteriously be lost in the post? Is there any point in speaking to Buster on Wednesday as a group to see what his advice is as he is chairman of the BSPA?

Could do with some sort of PR to tell people where to send tickets for sure. Agreed it may be dodgy sending them to Leicester Speedway in the circumstances.

I'm surprised so many of you arrived at the track early and then paid to enter the stadium when the weather was so suspect. When I've been in a similar situation at Lynn, I arrive at the last minute and sit in the car listening to the tannoy for any announcements. If I hear bikes warming up, thats a promising sign, but I still don't head for the turnstiles until I hear the riders are on track for the first race. I also have a look at the Met Office rainfall radar to see if more rain is in its way! None of this is a perfect solution, but it does reduce the chances of having to fight for a refund as some on the forum have had to do. Kings Lynn used to offer a text message service to alert you to a called off meeting if you subscribed, probably another good idea from JC but that doesn't happen now. My final solution, if in doubt, stay at home. Its a 100 mile return trip from Norwich for me, and I aint risking my money for nobody!

I'm surprised so many of you arrived at the track early and then paid to enter the stadium when the weather was so suspect. When I've been in a similar situation at Lynn, I arrive at the last minute and sit in the car listening to the tannoy for any announcements. If I hear bikes warming up, thats a promising sign, but I still don't head for the turnstiles until I hear the riders are on track for the first race. I also have a look at the Met Office rainfall radar to see if more rain is in its way! None of this is a perfect solution, but it does reduce the chances of having to fight for a refund as some on the forum have had to do. Kings Lynn used to offer a text message service to alert you to a called off meeting if you subscribed, probably another good idea from JC but that doesn't happen now. My final solution, if in doubt, stay at home. Its a 100 mile return trip from Norwich for me, and I aint risking my money for nobody!

Sorry all if my last post arrived in triplicate, not sure what happened there. Technology...doh!

• Like 1

So basically if you can't make one of the remaining 3 meetings it's tough luck ? They keep my money £36 plus £3 for a programme all that down the drain thank you very much Leicester speedway .

No 'Terms & Conditions' as Mr Darcy kept mentioning, clearly state that the tickets can be used next season, even though he said not.

Trouble is, if Neil Machin continues to be part of the set up, then there probably won't be a Leicester Speedway season next year, so the tickets couldn't be used then anyway.

As for getting money back, I don't think there is a cat in hells chance, because we don't know where to send them, nor does Mr Darcy (co-promoter) after changing his mind.

I asked where the Speedway Office was, and I was told it was in the bar.......WHAT!! If it was in there, I couldn't see it amongst the crowds of Leicester supporters moaning about the way they were conned.

I'd booked and stayed in a Premier Inn at Leicester last night, so have only just got home, so that was £64 down the drain too. I realise that of course was my choice, so no blame could be put on Leicester Speedway for that, as of course neither could the postponement. It's just the total couldn't care less attitude of their management that's let them down big time.

So if anybody does find out where we send our tickets to, and presumably that will have to be by recorded post, then please post the details on here, and I will do the same. In the meantime, Leicester Speedway can be reaping in the interest from OUR money.

• Like 1

Bunce, that is what I normally do but the amount of rain caught everyone out, I checked forecasts, apps and not once did it mention heavy rain like they had. The bloke admitted they were flooding the track beforehand as it was so dry prior to the rain. But after that rain at 5ish they should not have started taking people's money that's my biggest anger. I held off and with everyone going in I thought it' must be going ahead. Not once did they mention there was track inspections, no to Leicester it was business as usual. Fair play to the gents who faced the music and promised refunds but Machin is a disgrace, 1 minute of being challenged on the policy in the programme he walked off not a care in the world, arrogance of the highest order and not a care in the world!

I have emailed the BSPA and await a response from them regarding on how we all get our money back.Lets see if they have the courtesy to say or do something.

My payment is still pending on my c.card at the moment,just hope they dont take payment.If they do then that is the time i have to dispute it.

All of this is doing Leicester speedway no good or speedway in general.

Message just appeared on Leicester speedway website about retaining your ticket for future admission.

Nothing about a refund though sadly.