Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

It's only Tuesday though and weather forecasts have a habit of being completely different as the days pass by. Even those just the day before can be wrong, as was the case with the Poole match. Called off due to a bad forecast on Friday morning and it was actually sunny all day on Saturday.

Yula Hemsley has told me through a third party, that the names of my wife and I will be on the gate for the meeting against King's Lynn on the 10th September, as we are now in a position to go.

If I get there and find they're not, then I'll bring the gate home with me..LOL!!

That's good that you can now use your tickets em1500uk, but it's sods law that when your steam tour is rescheduled, it's probably clash with the KL v Poole meeting, or the National League Pairs Final!!!

Steam locomotive "Oliver Cromwell" has overrun it's overhaul and the new date should hopefully be in early October so the Railway Touring Company have told me. I just hope it's on a Saturday like the original as if not, going mid-week could be a problem what with my working hours/days...and I've already forked out a few hundred quid on that too :unsure: King's Lynn v Poole is Tuesday 13th September by the way ;) I'm just happy I can now make this coming Saturday instead of being out of pocket.

Don't worry about sending your tickets in you'll still be out of pocket, we did this and they sent us a cheque for a full refund and when we came to cash it hey presto it bounced. So no tickets to re-use and no re-fund.

And funnily enough, this kind of saga is exactly what I thought might end up happening for some people and was something I wanted to avoid at all costs. I'm just glad I kept hold of my tickets! Leicester should have just given people their cash back or whatever on the night. It would have saved an awful lot of hassle for many people in my view. But then again, in they're in financial straits then is it any wonder they were reluctant to pass money back over to fans in July? Not really!

Yula Hemsley has told me through a third party, that the names of my wife and I will be on the gate for the meeting against King's Lynn on the 10th September, as we are now in a position to go.

If I get there and find they're not, then I'll bring the gate home with me..LOL!!

That's good that you can now use your tickets em1500uk, but it's sods law that when your steam tour is rescheduled, it's probably clash with the KL v Poole meeting, or the National League Pairs Final!!!

You need to check if they still own the club as rumours saying the club has been sold.

What are the options for obtaining a refund if you can't make the re-staging?

Not inclined to post them to the Leicester speedway office as I don't fancy a rubber cheque in exchange. Do I take it up with the BSPA instead?

Not heard anything about the sale of the club, so, here's my take (my weather groups take) as it differs slightly from the Met Office, horrendous lack of agreement with the weather computer models, and ensembles...

Heavy rain for Leicester, from around 02:00 Sat morning, will linger until around 11:00/12:00 Sat lunchtime, the rain will clear to the east, and we will be left with Sun/cloud mix, with a breeze, and dry rest of day, less than a 15% chance of a late afternoon shower.. temps around 20c

Met Office have the rain hanging around until 14:00, and a 20% chance of shower..

I am confident in my groups take on the days weather.. Should be all systems go...

• Like 1

Where has the rumour regarding the club being sold come from?

Only one poster known for lying has posted that.

Not going to this due to the last fiasco.But hopefully Lynn will be able to get a decent guest for Iversen and Rose/Lambert.Would Cook or Kasprzak be available to guest for Iversen.Maybe Kerr at reserve.

Only one poster known for lying has posted that.

Says the troll who can't prove I am lying who also prefers to pretend he is a speedway rider 2 wheeling round stoke on a Monday rather than supporting his team wolves at home matches.

Not heard anything about the sale of the club, so, here's my take (my weather groups take) as it differs slightly from the Met Office, horrendous lack of agreement with the weather computer models, and ensembles...

Heavy rain for Leicester, from around 02:00 Sat morning, will linger until around 11:00/12:00 Sat lunchtime, the rain will clear to the east, and we will be left with Sun/cloud mix, with a breeze, and dry rest of day, less than a 15% chance of a late afternoon shower.. temps around 20c

Met Office have the rain hanging around until 14:00, and a 20% chance of shower..

I am confident in my groups take on the days weather.. Should be all systems go...

Yes several people have said the club has been sold apparently but not the stadium,

Says the troll who can't prove I am lying who also prefers to pretend he is a speedway rider 2 wheeling round stoke on a Monday rather than supporting his team wolves at home matches.

Thanks for proving my point. Yes as you now acknowledge I am at Stoke on a Monday doing what amateurs do and try and get better. Thanks for confirming I was correct in stating what I do with my Mondays.

Still haven't taken up my challenge because you have never proven you are a 'supposed' speedway rider.

Caught out yet again lying and trolling.

Thanks for proving my point. Yes as you now acknowledge I am at Stoke on a Monday doing what amateurs do and try and get better. Thanks for confirming I was correct in stating what I do with my Mondays.

Still haven't taken up my challenge because you have never proven you are a 'supposed' speedway rider.

Caught out yet again lying and trolling.

You don't do amateur racing at Lynn on the odd Sunday do you Steve,if you do i may have seen you ride.I often go to watch my mates have a spin there.

You don't do amateur racing at Lynn on the odd Sunday do you Steve,if you do i may have seen you ride.I often go to watch my mates have a spin there.

No mate, Sundays aren't a good do for me with other commitments but it's definetly a track I'd love a good go at.

Amateur racing can be decent and usually free so fair play to you for going to support your mates.

Hopefully to see you there sometime. :t:

It's a bit unusual for the two clubs not to have announced their line-ups by now.

We have re admission tickets as well can't see us going the weather forecast is terrible so think we will cut our losses and save our fuel on the journey and I guess we have to right off the money we spent on tickets as little chance of a refund or other meetings to use the tickets . Very poor indeed from Leiester speedway that we wasn't given refunds on the night .

Edited by Haza