British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

Announced on Lions facebook page at 12.59 that it was off . But your right still doesn't say it on website.

Well at least Leicester put it somewhere :approve:

So its just off on the facebook page then.Not everybody goes on facebook,so unfair on the fans that are due to travel and probably just rely on the official BSPA website or clubs website.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 3

Total farce yet again as was the original fixture how and why do clubs get things so wrong is beyond me ?

So its just off on the facebook page then.Not everybody goes on facebook,so unfair on the fans that are due to travel and probably just rely on the official BSPA website or clubs website.

I know we live a world of "Faceache", "Twits" and them Telegram things, as you say, not everybody uses that form of social media, especially the old people such as myself. It's probably notthat we don't want to use them, but when you get to a certain age, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn, and then remember things. Modern technology being what it is, is a nightmare for me and thousands like me.

I've obviously heard the expression 'Twitter' but wouldn't have the first idea how to use it, and to be honest, I don't even understand the language they are conveying!!

As for 'Instergram', what the bloody hell is that.....I honestly don't know?

I rely 100% on either the club website or BSPA website.

Although I've been quick to run Leicester down since the July fiasco, I will say in their defence, that the person who looks after their website, is on holiday. The club didn't originally have a meeting planned for today, so they thought it would be safe to take a few days away, as any volunteer is more than entitled to do.

It could be said that one of the clubs promoters should update the website when this situation occurs, but when those same promoters aren't aware of the terms and conditions in their own matchday programme, then I guess that would be a step to far.

As for the restaging, I hope for the sake of King's Lynn fans that will be at work during the day, and want to use their rain-off tickets, that it's not staged midweek, thus making it impossible for those people to make the journey. Neither side are going to make the play-off's (I know I'm stating the obvious), so let's hope its run on 24 September or one Saturday/Sunday in October.

Dont expect Nicolai Klindt to ride then :D:P

It's appalling the lack of thought for fans. Both clubs failing to tell fans it's off as quickly as possible. How long does it take to send a tweet? Was called off well before one, so if hotels had been booked they could have been cancelled but at nearly half past one neither club have told fans it's off. If they are going to employ firms to do their PR for them at least get ones who are efficient and competent. Rant over.

Good job I decided to make the decision to just cancel my hotel well before 1pm whether there was an official call off post or not. Its bad that neither club officially posted or released news that it was off on the website... We had to wait to hear from Nicolai Klindt, the leader of the opposition to tell us via a tweet from his racing team Twitter account so I thank him for being fairly prompt anyway.

What a sad affair two great speedway teams over the years led by two poor promotions I hope over the winter things get sorted and you both back next seasong

• Like 1

Please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,do not post weather forecasts on this forum.....you are a worst forecaster than Michael Fish!

Just stick to your boring topics in future.

What boring topics might they be?

OK so who really believes it was the weather that caused this call off??!!

Who cares what the reason was. It's their business, if they believe its the right thing to do then so be it. They gave everyone plenty of notice to what they had decided. KL tracking a weakened team, heavy rain the night before and during the morning.

Who cares what the reason was. It's their business, if they believe its the right thing to do then so be it. They gave everyone plenty of notice to what they had decided. KL tracking a weakened team, heavy rain the night before and during the morning.shame they didn't do the right thing on 16th July by not opening the gates rather than leading all on to belieave it be on when clearly it was never going to happen anyway I'm sure they've made use of my cash and many other fan cash as well .

Edited by Haza

Me in this case as it rained all night, all morning and the early part of the afternoon as well. Now ask the same question about the Poole match and I would give a different answer because that was dodgy and probably had some involvement from Matt Ford.

• Like 1