British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

I've still got my tickets from July so will keep holding out in the hope that this meeting does actually take place...

I've still got my tickets from July so will keep holding out in the hope that this meeting does actually take place...

Have a feeling though this meeting will not be Leicester v Kings Lynn.

More like Leicester 'select' v almost a Kings Lynn team. Oh well, better than nowt I suppose.

Edited by Mr Bump

Just to repeat what I posted on another thread:

I hope that all of you out there who, for whatever reason, have stopped going to Beaumont Park try to go on the 22nd if you can to demonstrate to any potential new promoter that there is still a large fan base who want to see speedway stay in Leicester.

Any potential promoter worth his salt will already have done his homework about the fanbase and the large number of once-regulars who stopped going during the Hemsley era. Save your money for a relevant meeting instead of wasting it on this non-event.

Rumour Alert:

It appears Leicester can't get riders as a number of potential guests contacted to ride have asked for payment up front and been refused.

Rumour Alert:

It appears Leicester can't get riders as a number of potential guests contacted to ride have asked for payment up front and been refused.

another call off then ? And really you can't blame the riders .
  • Like 2

Doubt this fixture will take place.

ive doubted it take place since July when they opened the gates to the stadium we handed over our hard earned cash only to be greeted to a waterlogged track . Toatal farce then and is now - Leicester speedway should hang there heads in shame .

ive doubted it take place since July when they opened the gates to the stadium we handed over our hard earned cash only to be greeted to a waterlogged track . Toatal farce then and is now - Leicester speedway should hang there heads in shame .

Sorry, but the track wasn't waterlogged, it had a solid base, admittedly, the top dressing was wet, but was drying out, the riders were to blame for this farce, the main protagonist being Shlein, and the rest of the sheep followed his lead..

We've all seen speedway start with wet tops, once you've had 3 to 4 races, the shale gets turned over and dry lines appear....

Every man and his/her dog thought this would go ahead, in this instance, the riders were to blame.

• Like 3

Sorry, but the track wasn't waterlogged, it had a solid base, admittedly, the top dressing was wet, but was drying out, the riders were to blame for this farce, the main protagonist being Shlein, and the rest of the sheep followed his lead..

We've all seen speedway start with wet tops, once you've had 3 to 4 races, the shale gets turned over and dry lines appear....

Every man and his/her dog thought this would go ahead, in this instance, the riders were to blame.

Thought the track man was to blame for putting water down 20 minutes before that rain shower came.

Edited by tellboy

well I'm sorry it was waterlogged or you was at a different meeting to me , the track man seemed clueless about what to do with the track the track was just wet slop yet they still opened the gates to take our money when they knew it never be on how on earth you say every man and his gog thought it go ahead is absolutely beyond me soon as I and many more walked in the stadium we knew it was never going to be on .

well I'm sorry it was waterlogged or you was at a different meeting to me , the track man seemed clueless about what to do with the track the track was just wet slop yet they still opened the gates to take our money when they knew it never be on how on earth you say every man and his dog thought it go ahead is absolutely beyond me soon as I and many more walked in the stadium we knew it was never going to be on .

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

Every woman and her dog too. Sorry messed my reply up but I'm using a phone.

• Like 1

The base must have been 6" under the slop on the top then because even the tractor couldn't get round without sliding. I wouldn't fancy the bikes being able to turn so Rory was right.

• Like 1

Sad state of affairs running a League meeting long after the title has been won......

Its a sad state of affairs all round. I cant believe how its all gone. The fans have been treated with contempt. The club cant run without the fans, yet the fans are treated so bad. No surprise that it has all ended like this. So much enthusiasm and hope when we opened back in 2011. To quote a certain person, " I want to make Leicester Lions the best club in the country" it seems its the worst club in the country.

Lets hope that someone can still see the potential of the club and take us forward to what we deserve.

Crazy playing a league match after the final has taken place. At least we still get to see another match before the end of the season though.

Its a sad state of affairs all round. I cant believe how its all gone. The fans have been treated with contempt. The club cant run without the fans, yet the fans are treated so bad. No surprise that it has all ended like this. So much enthusiasm and hope when we opened back in 2011. To quote a certain person, " I want to make Leicester Lions the best club in the country" it seems its the worst club in the country.

Lets hope that someone can still see the potential of the club and take us forward to what we deserve.

Crazy playing a league match after the final has taken place. At least we still get to see another match before the end of the season though.

are you sure we are all going match before the end of the season ? Your more confident than I am .