British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

Have a feeling though this meeting will not be Leicester v Kings Lynn.

More like Leicester 'select' v almost a Kings Lynn team. Oh well, better than nowt I suppose.

It will be better than nowt for me anyway. At the moment, I've paid for something that I have not seen and not been given a refund. I've held out in the hope that I could always make the rearranged date after the July one was called off. Now I'm unsure how I would get my refund...IF Leicester really don't have any money in reserve at all and can't even pay riders to attend!

I now fall into the lucky bracket having gone through a lot of nonsense both publically and privately, and got my money back, so this frees me up to go and watch the 'Young Stars' at Stoke instead, which is usually better entertainment anyway.

Hope you do get to use your tickets, and that the weather behaves....ENJOY.

Still say if it's on - can see another postponement.

I now fall into the lucky bracket having gone through a lot of nonsense both publically and privately, and got my money back, so this frees me up to go and watch the 'Young Stars' at Stoke instead, which is usually better entertainment anyway.

May as well count it as both an NL and EL match, with the Leicester team composed entirely of guest riders from Stoke.

May as well count it as both an NL and EL match, with the Leicester team composed entirely of guest riders from Stoke.

Now that would be a worry if Leicester were filled with guest riders from Stoke, as both sides are racing against King's Lynn on the same night. Maybe Stoke will be filled with Leicester guest riders, the sport's crazy enough at the moment.

Thanks Mike! Here's hoping!!!!!

Thanks Mike! Here's hoping!!!!!

We'll there's less than 72 hours to go. And no word of a postponement. Yet. It couldn't actually take place, could it?!?!?

We'll there's less than 72 hours to go. And no word of a postponement. Yet. It couldn't actually take place, could it?!?!?

no word on line ups though for eaither side though

In a sport where it's competitors are so much more prone to injury, and compete in different Leagues around Europe, why oh why do we expect to hear the line ups so far in advance??

In most other sports, most teams aren't declared until the day of the contest/match, even Premier League football, or any football match, you only get a squad announced before they've warmed up!!

If you went to see Leicester City at Chelsea on Saturday, specifically to watch Riyad Mahrez, he didn't start the game!!

What if you'd gone to see Man City v Barcelona last night to watch Aguerro, he was benched..

What is this fixation in Speedway about knowing fully the teams make up days before the meeting? In the "good old days" it was perhaps easier to name your 1 to 7, they didn't globe trot all over Europe, if they got injured, you knew about it....

Now riders can even be injured on the same day as your teams meeting!!!

• Like 3

Leicester have certainly in the past not posted their line-up at all before some meetings. Funnily enough its usually the season-ending one too!

I did read on Twitter that porsing is flying in either today or tomoz for the meeting at Leicester don't know if he has any bikes to ride though lol

I did read on Twitter that porsing is flying in either today or tomoz for the meeting at Leicester don't know if he has any bikes to ride though lol

Why would he bother, if he didn't have anything to ride when here!!!

Do KL have a "Track Spare" Leicester don't!!

All that KL will probably need is 3 bikes between them, to get a 75-0 win

• Like 1

4pm Thursday 20th - Well I'm at Stansted to meet his flight from Rzeszow. And yes his 2 UK bikes are here. We delayed returning them to Denmark when meeting was postponed from 7th Oct. Bloody hope this meeting is on as we have carried out all our obligations. 2x flown here so will not be happy if later cancelled by Leicester.

I understand Leicester are missing Wozniak, Hougaard & Klindt on Saturday while Summers & Lindgren are not keen with the PL KOC final sunday & Monday & potenially play off final on friday for Summers .

As it stood both teams were running R/R at no1 while lions struggle for guests to fill 3 & 5