British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Vs Sheffield Premier League K.o Cup First Leg 17.07.16 6.30pm

Well I can't see this anywhere and considering it takes place tomorrow here goes.

It sees us in more Knock out cup action for the second home meeting in a row, as we take on Sheffield tigers in the first leg.

Riders order now as both teams official websites listed.

Newcastle Diamonds

1. Steve Worrall
2. Victor Palovaara
3. Matej Kus
4. Ludvig Lindgren
5. Robert Lambert
6. Lewis Rose
7. Danny Phillips

Sheffield Tigers

1. Simon Stead
2. Dimitri Berge
3. Jonas B Andersen guest
4. Kyle Howarth
5. Jason Garrity R/R
6. Arthur Sissis
7. Nathan Greaves

Edited by mike7164

Without Garrity I forsee Sheffield getting quite a few points behind in the first leg, probably too many to get back, especially after the way the Diamonds rode a few weeks ago at Sheffield!

A tough meeting against who I feel (especially with Garrity) is the strongest looking side on paper, however without Garrity I think the Diamonds will win this meeting by about 12 or 14 points and we just gotta hope we can get the 2nd leg in before Garrity returns, although I do wish him the best of recoveries as he's one of my favourite riders and I never like to see an injured rider :(

When is Garrity due to return?

A tough meeting against who I feel (especially with Garrity) is the strongest looking side on paper, however without Garrity I think the Diamonds will win this meeting by about 12 or 14 points and we just gotta hope we can get the 2nd leg in before Garrity returns, although I do wish him the best of recoveries as he's one of my favourite riders and I never like to see an injured rider :(

When is Garrity due to return?

There was a article in the Sheffield Star saying it would be August before Jason is back.

Also, Josh Bates has pulled out of a guest booking for Kings Lynn tonight after crashing in his final ride at Coventry on Friday so not sure if he's riding tomorrow ???

EDIT Jonas Andersen guests for Bates

Edited by Tigerite

There was a article in the Sheffield Star saying it would be August before Jason is back.

Also, Josh Bates has pulled out of a guest booking for Kings Lynn tonight after crashing in his final ride at Coventry on Friday so not sure if he's riding tomorrow ???

Thanks updated!!

That's a shame :( Must have been a pretty serious injury :(

Also was looking forward to watch Josh Bates

I think Sheffield will do well to keep it to 10 points. Garrity is a huge loss - different story with him in the side.

• Like 2

That's a sorry score card for the Tigers. Not good enough.

Superb performance tonight although totally baffled my Mr Mcgregors decision in heat 13 as were most fans from both sides.

Boom.... Expected a comfortable home win but not by 34 points. Surely that will be enough even if we are in PL select mode on Thursday. We got 40 there in the League and that was with Garrity banging in a 15 point max. Without him it looks a hopeless task for Sheffield.

The Diamonds were awesome. Victor exceptional as was Ludde. Breathtaking wins for Ludde in heat 14 over the decent Andersen and again in heat 15. Sheffield were poor with Stead having one of his bad Brough nights. Howarth gave it everything but has rarely scored well here. Berge and the two reserves were off the pace.

I've said if before but I'd back us against anyone over 2 legs providing we can field our full team. That probably won't be necessary here.

As others have said I have no idea why Stead was excluded in heat 13. Utterly bizarre.

Edited by NJC71

Boom.... Expected a comfortable home win but not by 34 points. Surely that will be enough even if we are in PL select mode on Thursday. We got 40 there in the League and that was with Garrity banging in a 15 point max. Without him it looks a hopeless task for Sheffield.

The Diamonds were awesome. Victor exceptional as was Ludde. Breathtaking wins for Ludde in heat 14 over the decent Andersen and again in heat 15. Sheffield were poor with Stead having one of his bad Brough nights. Howarth gave it everything but has rarely scored well here. Berge and the two reserves were off the pace.

I've said if before but I'd back us against anyone over 2 legs providing we can field our full team. That probably won't be necessary here.

As others have said I have no idea why Stead was excluded in heat 13. Utterly bizarre.

Wolbert (or did Roy say Fisher?? !!) for Steve, otherwise 2-7 unchanged from tonight.

Edited by Steve Park

Heat 13

Stead's back wheel clipped Lamberts front wheel coming out of bend 2 but it looked as much Robert's fault trying to cut back under Stead.