British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Is It To Late To Save The Elite League In The Uk?

There's already a large thread discussing this called Matt Fords vision for the EL.

Is it finished?

Any competitive sport NEEDS a top and bottom league, how do we save the UK'S top league...?

What do you suggest?

There must be literally tons of the same topic discussing the same thing.

Is it finished?

Any competitive sport NEEDS a top and bottom league, how do we save the UK'S top league...?

No.

Start treating the sport like a product. The product must be fit for purpose, meet consumer standards and be marketed appropriately.

Is it finished?

Why what has happened ?

• Like 1

No.

Start treating the sport like a product. The product must be fit for purpose, meet consumer standards and be marketed appropriately.

Matt Ford does this very well. I can't speak for anybody else..

If the EL Clubs payed all their debts today, it would be finished by the weekend.They are only Trading by not paying Riders and other Suppliers on time, or not at all.

Edited by Lord Skid

I know this post will be ridiculed but the Great ELITE league without Coventry? It's the beginning of the end unless Cov. can be saved (along with some other changes.)

• Like 1

Matt Ford does this very well. I can't speak for anybody else..

You bang the same old drum time and again and I don't think anyone disagrees that he appears to be a good promoter. However, the bigger picture is if the others don't raise their game then that will affect Matt Ford's business - especially when he is the only one left. Matt Ford needs other successfully run clubs to deliver his business model.

So rather than spout the same old, try engaging your brain cell for once and think of the bigger picture and the end result if others don't follow his lead!

• Like 5

I know this post will be ridiculed but the Great ELITE league without Coventry? It's the beginning of the end unless Cov. can be saved (along with some other changes.)

It seems to me that Horton is giving that theory a trial run this season. ;)

You bang the same old drum time and again and I don't think anyone disagrees that he appears to be a good promoter. However, the bigger picture is if the others don't raise their game then that will affect Matt Ford's business - especially when he is the only one left. Matt Ford needs other successfully run clubs to deliver his business model.

So rather than spout the same old, try engaging your brain cell for once and think of the bigger picture and the end result if others don't follow his lead!

I think I was trying to say the same but you put it across so much better! Beginning of the end for 2017 unless certain changes can be reversed/improvised

Yeh,, and Matt ford also knows this. He wants a strong EL. He would also like more clubs, but im not sure thats likely to happen.

If the EL Clubs payed all their debts today, it would be finished by the weekend.They are only Trading by not paying Riders and other Suppliers on time, or not at all.

Matt pays all his riders and suppliers on time each week every week..

Edited by Starman2006

Maybe a task for the winter (or in coventrys plight, September!! ) but how many meetings are competed by complete teams, No r/r or guest, even riders missing for foreign commitments. I know injuries happen but it's just plain daft how many meetings are carried out this way.