British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

18th July 2016 - Wolves V Swindon

Sadly this is a reflection of the state of the EL ; first v third separated by 2 points and nobody's really bothered.

Still, I'm off to watch it and also going to King s Lynn on Wednesday, the Aces at the Abbey on Thurs and Lakeside on Friday - bring it on!! B)

• Like 2

Flagrag has explained elsewhere:

"Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

The next selection of Sky sports live matches will hopefully be available early next week maybe even later this week.

I have the provisional plans of matches to be broadcast but are awaiting on clubs to confirm rider and stadium availability first as obviously there may be some fixture movement in the run in to the play offs.

The main reason there is no match next week is the Speedway production team are also responsible for Sky's Darts coverage so they are all up in Blackpool for the World Match play hence the big advert during the Speedway coverage last night.
July also happens to be the end of the budget year at Sky Sports as well and some can be rolled over if any left in the pot "

Flagrag has explained elsewhere:

"Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

The next selection of Sky sports live matches will hopefully be available early next week maybe even later this week.

I have the provisional plans of matches to be broadcast but are awaiting on clubs to confirm rider and stadium availability first as obviously there may be some fixture movement in the run in to the play offs.

The main reason there is no match next week is the Speedway production team are also responsible for Sky's Darts coverage so they are all up in Blackpool for the World Match play hence the big advert during the Speedway coverage last night.

July also happens to be the end of the budget year at Sky Sports as well and some can be rolled over if any left in the pot "

This would a tough match under normal circumstances, but using rider replacement for Klymakorpi and perhaps Freddie not 100% fit, it is even tougher. So at the moment I would take 46-44, although it would great to stop the Robins leaving with a point.

This would a tough match under normal circumstances, but using rider replacement for Klymakorpi and perhaps Freddie not 100% fit, it is even tougher. So at the moment I would take 46-44, although it would great to stop the Robins leaving with a point.

If Lindgren isn't fit he shouldn't be riding. This match could be pivotal in the final analysis, the object being to finish top and choose our semi final opponents. Giving one of our closest rivals a sniff before a wheel has turned, and when we're at home, by tracking a rider who may not be able to produce his best isn't clever. Let's hope he is 100% I guess.

COYW.

where's Flymo..?

Injured knee, due to be out for a month from the time of his injury. Already missed quite a few meetings. He's been solid and steady so far, as opposed to fantastic, but with rider replacement you are never sure how it's going to work out. Plus you have one less option for heat 15.

Edited by Beowulf

Can't afford any slip ups at home now that our away form seems to have deserted us.

We should be strong enough.

Olly Allen used to be called Olly Allen R/R by a lot of fans but Joonas Kylmakorpi makes Olly Allen look like one of the fittest and healthiest riders ever! The poor guy seems to pick up injuries all the time!

Of your 3 away meetings this week, I would have thought this was the best chance to get something from the weakened Wolves side. All away meetings are though so to come away with a point against a team who goes well at home has to be good....

Go for a close home win.....

Easy home win & a massive week for The Robins where any points will have to earned if a play off is the end result.

Easy home win & a massive week for The Robins where any points will have to earned if a play off is the end result.

If Lindgren isn't fit he shouldn't be riding. This match could be pivotal in the final analysis, the object being to finish top and choose our semi final opponents. Giving one of our closest rivals a sniff before a wheel has turned, and when we're at home, by tracking a rider who may not be able to produce his best isn't clever. Let's hope he is 100% I guess.

COYW.

What happened with Fred?