British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

18th July 2016 - Wolves V Swindon

So if you dont think we have any chance of making or winning the PO's what's the your reasoning in making changes? Apparently Tungate rode ok tonight as he did at home v Wolves , i personally think we should make a couple of changes and bloody well go for it but i know we wont and i for one wouldnt discard Rohan to merely make life rosy for Nick again that is ridiculous

It's missing what most other sides have a 7.5 rider behind Doyle

I thought we had no chance at the start and based on this current team I still think we have no chance. But if we do make the play offs then why not have a pop at it. I said it was harsh on Tungate after last couple of weeks but it was harsh on Howarth last season when he got the boot. But for what it's worth I agree with you completely about needing 2 changes. Just can't see how it will work out so I'm sure this our team for the season now.

Good god, what happened to the Robins ?

Will look forward to some info on the meeting and quality of racing.

Not made it down again Steve.

How can something that promised so much deliver so little.

Swindon absolute dross, resembled a Premier / National league side taking on an Elite League side who tracked a reserve in the majority of heats.

As for the racing, Non Applicable ,The Swindon riders even the likes of Doyle couldn't lay a glove on any Wolves rider including the Wolves reserves when they made a start.

Surprisingly not a good crowd for a first vs third on a warm sunny evening. Although the Centre Green presenter said the terraces were packed.

Think he meant " the terrace" and it was actually half full.if he took his rose tinted glasses off

• Like 1

Nice to see the reserves doing so well tonight.Max managed to hit the gate,just needs more consistency there,his times are getting closer to EL standard and Kyle Howarth seems to be getting to grips with the track.PK just terrific.

• Like 1

Was going to go to this,would have been my first el meeting and first trip in a long time to monmore to watch the wolves. Unfortunately apathy set in and I couldn't be bothered. 18 pound for speedway or fill the bike up tomorrow and go for a ride, no contest. Shame really but enthusiasm for speedway seems to be wilting especially after Stoke Saturday (even though the track was unfit I suppose) and Leicester which didn't affect me. Just couldn't be bothered

• Like 1

Not made it down again Steve.

How can something that promised so much deliver so little.

Swindon absolute dross, resembled a Premier / National league side taking on an Elite League side who tracked a reserve in the majority of heats.

As for the racing, Non Applicable ,The Swindon riders even the likes of Doyle couldn't lay a glove on any Wolves rider including the Wolves reserves when they made a start.

Surprisingly not a good crowd for a first vs third on a warm sunny evening. Although the Centre Green presenter said the terraces were packed.

Think he meant " the terrace" and it was actually half full.if he took his rose tinted glasses off

2nd match on the trot I've missed. Sounds like I dodged a bullet.

My dad said he thought it was the 2nd best attended match of the year, although he stands on the railings.

Poor meeting. Swindon were a disgrace and put up virtually no fight at all (even Leicester were better than that).

Such a shame as the majority of meetings at Monmore this year have been thoroughly entertaining, so I think I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Coventry in 2 weeks will be a much sterner test as they always go well at Monmore, and their vist earlier in the season was probably the most exciting meeting so far this year.

• Like 1

My dad said he thought it was the 2nd best attended match of the year, although he stands on the railings.

Sounds a bit precarious. No health and safety rules at Monmore then? :lol:

• Like 9

This was a total shambles by Swindon and reminiscent of some of our more embarrassing efforts at Wimborne Road. None of the Robins came out of it with any credit and Rosco has now got a job on his hands with it being such a crucial week with 4 fixtures in 5 days. You don't want to to start with an absolute mauling but that's what we got.

As Hagonshocker has said Doyley lacks a 7.5 rider to support him but to be fair I think Rosco expected Nick and Josh both to push for that no 2 position but we're not seeing the best of either them this season in particular Nick. By the sounds of things he's not picking up the rides in Poland and just isn't getting enough time on the bike. Josh is capable of more too, especially when you think how good he was with Poole.

For one reason or another this team hasn't clicked this season and I think if we don't pick up something at home to Belle Vue and Lakeside beat us on Friday (which is highly likely after this showing) the Hammers will be in the box seat for the 4th play off spot.

That's the Roobins for you - consistently inconsistent. Bringing back memories of Poole at the start of the season when there was no fight in the team and then somehow they managed to turn it around.

Well done Wolves - Roobins hang your heads in shame!

• Like 1

Never in a million years did I expect that result. For Swindon to supply just won race winner says it all. Always felt Monmore gives a massive home advantage and where gating is doubly important. But when a No1 rider like Dolye, don't win a race, then Wolves had to be impressive.

Only a couple weeks back, the Robins looked good against Coventry where all their riders performed well. Obviously against Wolves, they didn't have the same attitude and suffered the consequences. In Doyle they have a proper No1. but the rest, fall a bit short of being heat leaders.. although all good riders, they are a step down to where they want to be.... With this new race format, a team needs either 'strong heat-leaders' or 'Strong reserves' but Swindon don't have either. their strength is their second strings. For many meetings Doyle has been their saviour. They are in desperate need of someone to step up to help him.

I always felt Swindon could struggle when the meetings start coming thick and fast. No doubt they will perform better at Lynn on Wednesday, as the AFA is more forgiving than most tracks. But personally I think the Stars will be too strong, now they have 3 good heat leaders, and decent reserves. If Swindon gets a point there, they'll do well. Thursday, at home against Belle Vue could be massively important. Belle Vue are capable of winning every match, so Swindon will need to perform on the day to get anything from the meeting. With Lakeside away, waiting on Friday, it doesn't get any easier....

Very poor swindon, Doyley sitting number 3 in world, no backup in top 20 of el averages. Could miss out on playoffs if they don't get something from 3 matches this week.

can't believe the interest in this one, less than 12 hours before tapes up and ... mmmmm

10 point home win for me.

well, didn't see that result coming. as Rosco said, 'park it and move on' no need to go over this shambles.

I think we have been punching above our weight this season, it shows with the consistent inconsistency..

Kings Lynn tomorrow and I feel we could do something there, It wouldn't surprise me at all.

:lol:

Great meeting for young Clegg chuffed he is really getting to grips with the league.Did well at Lakeside (again) tonight as well some were saying why did Wolves persevere Adams knows more than most a good longterm patient call.

And the guilty parties are :lol:

The debate about wether it should be Clegg or Morris has been going on virtually all season amongst Wolves fans.

There have been various reasons why supporters think it should be one or the other.

Adams decided Clegg would be the first name on the team sheet when he started the make up of the side,but others argued it should have been Morris because he was a club asset.

Think one of the mistakes Adams made,was not making Clegg an asset,preferring to sign Matt Williamson instead.

Think both Max Clegg and Ashley Morris will turn out to be very good riders,both are at about the same level at the moment,but Max is three years younger,so possibly that's an advantage.

The thing with Ash,he seems to adapt better with different sized tracks.But im sorry to say Monarch fans if Max is still with Wolves next season,then he really needs to look for a larger track to gain more experience to move forward.

Of course this all depends on the make up of the leagues next year,and wether Cradley would want to lose one of their assets.But it is highly unlikely that Clegg would have another season in the National League,or wether indeed which of the Elite sides would like to take him on full time.

And the guilty parties are :lol:

The debate about wether it should be Clegg or Morris has been going on virtually all season amongst Wolves fans.

There have been various reasons why supporters think it should be one or the other.

Adams decided Clegg would be the first name on the team sheet when he started the make up of the side,but others argued it should have been Morris because he was a club asset.

Think one of the mistakes Adams made,was not making Clegg an asset,preferring to sign Matt Williamson instead.

Think both Max Clegg and Ashley Morris will turn out to be very good riders,both are at about the same level at the moment,but Max is three years younger,so possibly that's an advantage.

The thing with Ash,he seems to adapt better with different sized tracks.But im sorry to say Monarch fans if Max is still with Wolves next season,then he really needs to look for a larger track to gain more experience to move forward.

Of course this all depends on the make up of the leagues next year,and wether Cradley would want to lose one of their assets.But it is highly unlikely that Clegg would have another season in the National League,or wether indeed which of the Elite sides would like to take him on full time.

After Adams told us last year that Josh Bates was the next big thing and gifted Starke to Poole I was sceptical about his judgement of Clegg. He did well at Lakeside last friday and brilliantly last night. If those two meetings are a sign of the next step forward by him I'll have to eat humble pie but that's a judgement for the end of the season ;)

• Like 3