British Speedway Forum

Not much chance of that. They would need 6 new riders to join KK. You think Horton will fork out for that?

Kk Harris king garritty bates is a solid base tbh. You just need to add a decent 3rd hl and a good reserve and you have a title contending team.
  • Like 3

Dare I say it but if the rules alllow ....

Stick with KK, Harris, King, Garrity, Bates and Woryna - add another heat leader and we will be ok ...

Why persevere with Woryna and then ditch hime when he comes good next year ?

Bates and Woryna at reserve, King and Garrity at second string with KK, Harris and ???? as Heat Leaders ....

Cheers

• Like 1

Strangely, as bad as this years team has been, I would have most of the riders back next year, the team has just been put together wrong with riders in the wrong positions.

Realistically if we had swapped Woryna for a rider who can score 7 or 8 points a meeting at second string and interchange with King as a heat leader we would have done well this year.

I think Sarjeant has reached his peak, I'd have him back as a tier 2 reserve but nothing more.

I can also see the argument for keeping Woryna, he is an improving rider and was doing much better before being involved in the fatal crash in Poland which may have something to do with his loss of form. He will be on a low average so maybe if we are making major changes to the team he would be worth retaining depending on how the rest of the team is built.

Yes agree. Would only keep King as a second string, but I do think we need a class rider that can gate. Such a shame we never signed Fricke when we should have.

Would also like us to freshen up the management. Think it's time to replace Havvy and Rogers. Would love someone like Nicholls who knows the young riders out in different leagues, and would have a massive positive say with team building.

A one year lease with possibility of another two subject to conditions.

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3671

I would imagine the conditions are that we are actively searching for a new stadium in that time.

Fine get it signed . and I will personally guarantee . we will match minute for minute the effort expended by Sandhu after he promised to find us a new home . #plentyoftimeonmyhandsbecausei'mdoingzilch.com :lol:

Yes agree. Would only keep King as a second string, but I do think we need a class rider that can gate. Such a shame we never signed Fricke when we should have.

Would also like us to freshen up the management. Think it's time to replace Havvy and Rogers. Would love someone like Nicholls who knows the young riders out in different leagues, and would have a massive positive say with team building.

Max Fricke would have been a great signing, I believe he is sponsored by City Gearboxes too:

1. KK

2. Garrity

3. King

4. Fricke

5. Harris

6. Bates

7. Sarjeant

Looks a lot more solid and would have been play contenders this year, what a difference one team change could make if we could get someone of Max's standard. How about Pawlicki? If he was interested in riding over here then he might bring a few more fans back who have drifted away in the last 5 years as he was a very popular rider for us.

Max Fricke would have been a great signing, I believe he is sponsored by City Gearboxes too:

1. KK

2. Garrity

3. King

4. Fricke

5. Harris

6. Bates

7. Sarjeant

Looks a lot more solid and would have been play contenders this year, what a difference one team change could make if we could get someone of Max's standard. How about Pawlicki? If he was interested in riding over here then he might bring a few more fans back who have drifted away in the last 5 years as he was a very popular rider for us.

The odd rumour was that Fricke almost signed for the Bees this year instead of Belle Vue. Lives in Coventry also.

The odd rumour was that Fricke almost signed for the Bees this year instead of Belle Vue. Lives in Coventry also.

Yes it was between Bees & Aces but I think the new track sealed it for him.

He's in the pits with the team at nearly every bees and storm meeting so has a strong relationship with Coventry.

1. KK

2. Garrity

3. King

4. Fricke

5. Harris

6. Bates

7. Sarjeant

Next year's team building will depend on the new rules regarding team structure. It seems likely that the draft & Heatleader list will both go and just go back to building to the point limit.

Rumours that the rule may be 1 Brit at reserve but not from a list in which case I would have Garrity.

Edited by mdmc82

Strangely, as bad as this years team has been, I would have most of the riders back next year, the team has just been put together wrong with riders in the wrong positions.

Thats my take on it too. I think we have lots of potential. And they're all likeable. TBH if the points limit was lowered so out current 1-7 fitted, I'd keep it the same.

Regarding Fricke, apparently he was agonisingly close to being a Bee in 2016 hence living in the city and being sponsored by a Coventry based company.

Edited by SCB

I'd certainly have 5 of the 7 back. KK, Harris, King, Garrity and Bates.

• Like 1

I am in the same thought that this years team are a good bunch, just square pegs and round holes. I would like to see many back but I think a change in management is needed, somebody to get a firm hold of the riders. We can hear about good team spirit, every season all teams say it and its become part and parcel. I imagine we will hear it a lot on Saturday with team GB.

Max Fricke would have been a brilliant signing but his value will have gone up massively this season, he will be able to name his price next season. Nicholls would be a bargin average next season as Belle Vue is too fast for him but if he were to be at number 2 that would/could be great, part of me though doesn't want him to come back and see him struggle and maybe wolves/lakeside and double up maybe with Ipswich?

I am just happy to be able to go to Brandon in 2017 :t:

I would imagine that the 2 years after 2017 are dependant on us being in a land purchased, planning and building phase so even with this stay of execution there is still so much more to be done and in a short space of time. It was 3 years notice Sandhu gave us and still here we are with our begging bowl to give us out of the you know what. Strange no word from the old promotion about the deal though ??

Bad when we are talking about next season in July :oops::oops:

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

from what ive heared it will be six man teams next year and apparently a 12 team "top" league, but not sure how any team would step up.

personally to get back to weekly meetings id be quite happy for GP riders not to allowed, the quality of them compared to the rest is an embarrassment now and quite boring to watch

Would like to see KK back as I said in my earlier message - however, if he qualifies for the GP Series next year - will we see him ? I doubt it somehow ...

Cheers

He had a lucky escape then!!