British Speedway Forum

We were talking about Hansen SCB but agree with you about Woryna.

So you were, Hansen is a confidence rider. Get him on a good day and he can and will beat anyone. On a bad day and I rate my chances against him. I like him but don't think there much more to come from him. A slightly classier Woryna.

So you were, Hansen is a confidence rider. Get him on a good day and he can and will beat anyone. On a bad day and I rate my chances against him. I like him but don't think there much more to come from him. A slightly classier Woryna.

Good day or bad day, he won't sign for Mick Horton.

Be interesting to see who shows the hand first, more than ever this year you have to get every spot right or it has a knock on effect.

You think you have a deal and it falls through you then look for another rider around the same points but he may not suit the team/fans. My worst nightmare is if Bjerre or Batch sign up, Rory would be a popular choice still as it's his confidence that needs to come back, the ability is there.

• Like 2

Be interesting to see who shows the hand first, more than ever this year you have to get every spot right or it has a knock on effect.

You think you have a deal and it falls through you then look for another rider around the same points but he may not suit the team/fans. My worst nightmare is if Bjerre or Batch sign up, Rory would be a popular choice still as it's his confidence that needs to come back, the ability is there.

To be honest we need to have an open mind for 2017. The riders that I suppose are unpopular with fans like Bjerre, Batchelor and Watt are on averages that most clubs would be interested in. Same goes for riders lower down, clubs will be signing riders that the EL haven't seen yet.

• Like 1

I'd happily take Bjerre in this new format... and i'd have his brother on a 6 point average too

• Like 3

I'd happily take Bjerre in this new format... and i'd have his brother on a 6 point average too

The Bjerre come in on 6.6 and 8.2 but can average 8.5 and 9.5 in this format. If they're available and interested would be mad not to sign them.

People need to stop thinking in terms of EL racing and Bjerre bottling play-offs at that level. Even bottling it at this level he'd score 5 or 6 which wouldn't be terrible for an 8 point man, especially if hes done well all season to get you to the play-offs!

Mind you, he is dull and terribly frustrating!

COVENTRY

1 Danny King 9.57

2 Kenneth Bjerre 8.22

3 Troy Batchelor 7.36

4 Rory Schlein 7.17

5 Lasse Bjerre 6.65

6 James Sarjeant 5.80

7 Josh Bates 5.02

Total 49.79

COVENTRY

1 Danny King 9.57

2 Kenneth Bjerre 8.22

3 Troy Batchelor 7.36

4 Rory Schlein 7.17

5 Lasse Bjerre 6.65

6 James Sarjeant 5.80

7 Josh Bates 5.02

Total 49.79

not Sarjeant I still want to see Garrity back hopefully Edited by kingbee
  • Like 1

COVENTRY
1 Danny King 9.57
2 Kenneth Bjerre 8.22
3 Troy Batchelor 7.36
4 Rory Schlein 7.17
5 Lasse Bjerre 6.65
6 James Sarjeant 5.80
7 Josh Bates 5.02
Total 49.79

I thought Danny had already gone? Would love him back but hey ho. :neutral: No thanks to Troy Bachelor and that goes for the other whingeing Aussie Davey Watt too, just in case the promotion have him on their list of 9 riders. :lol: Would love to see Kylmakorpi back again and perhaps Scott would like to see out his career at Coventry being as Chris Harris has gone?

Garrity is on 8.55 and effectively unemployable by anyone sensible. Same as Ellis.

Garrity is a PL number one and capable of scoring that average. I would have him over Ellis any day of the week

• Like 1

Garrity is on 8.55 and effectively unemployable by anyone sensible. Same as Ellis.

I would rather have Garrity than Bjerre but you have to forget about averages as scb says

I want to see entertaining meetings, winning is great but I'm sorry the likes of bjerre just don't fit the kind of team I want to see at Brandon. It would be nice sooner rather than later to hear from Coventry or even Danny about these rumours, has he moved or not?

Danny is it at his peak, he reminds me a lot of Nicholls in his style of riding. He is a must have signing, make him captain and he can be the main man this season, he out rode Bomber last season at Brandon. We have a decent enough asset base and I am sorry but Garrity gives you just over half a season before he is knocked up and his poor start to the season can not be repeated. Even at this stage of his career and limited options maybe Gemini is right and Scott Nicholls would be a rider guaranteed to give 100% and can ride most away tracks well.

Feel for Holder as it looks like he has limited options and Doyle takes a huge chunk out of Swindon, the promotors agreed it but some of the teams suggested look at best glorified PL teams. Should have been 55/60points and we could have had more strength in depth. it's done nothing to make you want the season to start tomorrow, more dread of who the hell will we end up with. More fans will be lost to the sport, I went to the stox at Brandon for the first time in over 20 years on Saturday, was a pleasure to see it so full. A brilliant fire work display and even Nigel Harrhy throwing sweets into the crowd, it was like a throw back to some fantastic final meetings at Coventry. How two sports can be so similar but also worlds apart, but you can see with the crowd I witnessed on Saturday stox are so popular. I'd say there was more in Brandon Saturday night than half a season of speedway give or take.

• Like 2

Trouble is Mick does not strike me as a strategist , I reckon after he had is meeting with Jim Lynch he probably had his team done and dusted before Jim had left the car park.

• Like 1