British Speedway Forum

I can't see 2 double uppers a team being workable maybe only 2 in the top 5.

Have to wait for a definitive answer when they lash up the rule book.

Would agree, surely most of the reserves would need to earn money in the lower leagues as well as the Premier, then with lots of Championship riders now having moved up, they also need the rides and money from the lower league, or get a part time job.

The is no restriction on the number of double-up riders in a Premiership team, there is however a maximum of two permitted from any Championship team.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

The is no restriction on the number of double-up riders in a Premiership team, there is however a restriction of only two from any Championship team.

What happens in the promotion/relegation play-off if the bottom team in the Premiership share two doubling up riders with the top team in the Championship?

• Like 1

The is no restriction on the number of double-up riders in a Premiership team, there is however a maximum of two permitted from any Championship team.

is that 2 full stop for a CL side or 2 at the same PL side?

eg King and Sarjeant at Ipswich and Coventry - is that the limit for Ipswich or could they have more but just not from Coventry?

So, for example, if Adam Ellis & Bellego signed for Sheffield no other rider in that team could double up? Or do you mean Swindon could not have another Sheffield rider?

is that 2 full stop for a CL side or 2 at the same PL side?

eg King and Sarjeant at Ipswich and Coventry - is that the limit for Ipswich or could they have more but just not from Coventry?

Each Premiership club can use a maximum of two riders from a particular Championship club, in your example all seven Ipswich riders could, hypothetically, double-up, but would be spread over a minimum of four Premiership Clubs.

• Like 1

What happens in the promotion/relegation play-off if the bottom team in the Premiership share two doubling up riders with the top team in the Championship?

I believe its down to who holds the rider as an asset. If the rider is an asset of neither of the teams involved then it goes to which league level the asset holding club is based in.

E.G Adam Ellis A rider signed for Sheffield & Swindon and these teams are in the promotion/relegation play off. Neither team holds his registration so falls back to being a Poole asset and therefore rides for Swindon.....

Edited by Sings4Kings

Each Premiership club can use a maximum of two riders from a particular Championship club, in your example all seven Ipswich riders could, hypothetically, double-up, but would be spread over a minimum of four Premiership Clubs.

Thank you for that explanation.

May I ask another question, am I correct in thinking one promotion cannot have both a Premier and Championship Club as having both riding at the same track surely would really help the progress of riders from the lower leagues.

Sorry to ask this open question on the Cov thread.

I believe its down to who holds the rider as an asset. If the rider is an asset of neither of the teams involved then it goes to which league level the asset holding club is based in.

E.G Adam Ellis signed for Sheffield & Swindon and these teams are in the promotion/relegation play off. Neither team holds his registration so falls back to being a Poole asset and therefore rides for Swindon.....

Adam is a Lakeside asset not Poole.

Probably getting 2+2 =5 but I wonder Neil being on here today means a rider signing is imminent.

• Like 1

:D What happens to your theory now? ;)

Well my theory that women are generally always right has been prove to be sound. :D

As for what team the rider represents is sunk if the rider is owned by a NL team. Coin toss perhaps? Think that's how most of the rules are voted in anyway.

Probably getting 2+2 =5 but I wonder Neil being on here today means a rider signing is imminent.

Quote from David Rowe on Twitter

For those patiently waiting for some @OfficialCovBees news, it's not too far away now. #speedway

• Like 1