Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Coventry are looking quite promising. You really would have to drop a bollock with the remaining riders, to not be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Coventry are looking quite promising. You really would have to drop a bollock with the remaining riders, to not be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

It's happened before!!

If we go down the Kerr/Sarj/Bates route as bottom 3 at least we will always pick up points from 1-7. It may not be a spectacular side but it will have a solid look with no weak links as such. It will probably look better when all the other sides are named.

Garrity and Fricke or Kylmakorpi would leave enough for a 2.00er which is where I guess Coventry are going, having a NL team should give them a decent insight into the best potential 2.00er's around and one would hope Bates would be one of the stronger reserves in the league.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

Looking great thus far, but now it's make or break. Don't think anyone really wants Kerr or Sarg. Let's hope Horton doesn't!

• Like 1

Garrity and Fricke or Kylmakorpi would leave enough for a 2.00er which is where I guess Coventry are going, having a NL team should give them a decent insight into the best potential 2.00er's around and one would hope Bates would be one of the stronger reserves in the league.

The down side is that the Coventry NL team didn't contain any of the best potential 2 pointers and the NL knowledge has gone to Plymouth along with Laurence Rogers. However IF Cov are going for a 2 pointer Tom Bacon would be a decent shout after his EL riders performance?

That said if teams are building top heavy with a 2'er at the tail the risk / pressure is all on the other reserve.

• Like 1

Fair point, but I doubt that Danny rode many heat 13s & 15s this year and I can't see him winning crucial races, especially if an away team gets an 8-1 in heat 11 or 12. Having said that, the Bees should have good strength in depth.

Not sure if Ht15 results count towards the averages.

Not sure if Ht15 results count towards the averages.

Why wouldn't they?

Why wouldn't they?[/quote

Thought I read somewhere that Ht 15 scores do not go towards GSA, hopefully some one can put me right one way or another.

Why wouldn't they?[/quote

Thought I read somewhere that Ht 15 scores do not go towards GSA, hopefully some one can put me right one way or another.

Who knows, that may we'll be something they have changed again at the AGM, unless Mr Watson can enlighten us we will have to wait for the 2017 regulations.

In having (L) Bjerre and Bates in the team and both confirmed riding for Sheffield too, which team has priority when both are in action on same night ?

Impressive side so far.

Side looks to be built like it should, not ridiculously top heavy, like some will be.

Fricke and Garrity next watch this space

Think you are going to be disappointed 😕

I'm betting Poole was one of two that didn't! Wonder who the other one was? Not that it matters. Seems Coventry are getting riders that can score 6-8 points each. No weak links.

And we know Swindon didn't (being a Thursday night track and him signing for Sheffield)