British Speedway Forum

With regards to the posts on the Stadium being stripped out, lights, seats, bar fittings etc. Has anyone on this Forum actually visited the Stadium and witnessed this happening ? I will visit the Stadium tomorrow morning and report back what's going on.

There is photo evidence all over the Facebook group. Does not look good at all.

There is photo evidence all over the Facebook group. Does not look good at all.

I'm not really sure what all these pictures show tho.

Work may be being carried out which might seem unlikely but is possible.

At present people are assuming something bad is happening.

It's clear something is happening however I'm not convinced what .

• Like 2

All this chat and rumors. So some works going on at the stadium, could be for many reasons but most obviously part of the handover to the new owners. Id be worried if it was mid March, it's bloody November! We're announcing signings, unlike Belle Vue and Leicester who we know are in trouble. Wouldn't be doing that if we didn't have a stadium to ride at.

Come on people, chill out a bit. It's Speedway, run by idiots, riden by nutters and watched by pessimists.

• Like 7

Frankly you would have thought that all this warranted a statement from Messrs Horton and Watson.

Just wait until Monday for the Stox statement and also Horton is back in U.K. on Wednesday so don't be expecting a statement until then at the earliest.

Let's agree on one thing and that's that we hope it isn't as bad as it looks.

How do you know it's not just track work.......

By who? Sandhu is hardly going to be doing track when when he's moving out next week

By who? Sandhu is hardly going to be doing track when when he's moving out next week

Yes that is what I thought and Mr Horton is not noted for spending money he does not have to. I understand that in the not too distant past he even had to borrow the air fence from Peterborough

• Like 2

E'bourne used to be terrible away from home. Yet at home they were nigh on unbeatable and used to regularly qualify or threaten the play off places.

That might well be the perception, but I don't think the facts bear it out. Eastbourne made the play-offs twice in the last 10 years of their top-flight existence (I just checked out of interest and that's as far back as the BSPA archives go). They had three fifth-place finishes and were genuinely close in 2012, but six and eight points away on the other two occasions. Other placings: ninth out of 11, 7/10, 7/9, 7/9 and 8/10.

Having said that, I accept you don't need to do too much on top of a good home record to make the top four when there are not many teams in the league, as has been the case recently.

Edit: Apologies for posting something largely irrelevant, at the time I hadn't read the subsequent posts concerning the activity at the stadium which is clearly a potential worry. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Fourentee

What and where are these pics and what are people worried about

Facebook save Coventry speedway site

• Like 1