British Speedway Forum

Clearly the local press are unaware of what is happening at Brandon. I have emailed the sports editor to imform him of the stripping of the stadium, and suggest many of you on here do the same. Whilst it may not change anything, I doubt Avtar Sandu will want his mugshot on the front page of the newspaper as the person who stopped speedway and stox due to his actions. The newspaper will surely want to cover this story.

Sport@coventrytelegraph.net.

• Like 5

Rather than say anything publicly I'd have thought Horton would be straight on the phone to Brandon Estates. They in turn would be highly likely to use lawyers if there is any contravention of the written agreement with Sandhu over the transfer of ownership of the stadium?!

If there is no contravention then one must assume that Brandon Estates and/or Horton are planning some investment in the new year?!

Edited by Skidder1

All this finger pointing at Mick Horton. Let's find out what's going on first maybe....

Is Neil Watson still co promoter, then he should be talking to us in Horton absence?

• Like 3

I doubt Horton would want the seats and shales taken away. Clearly the work of one man and we know who that is.

Coventry are looking quite promising. You really would have to drop a bollock with the remaining riders, to not be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

It's happened before!!

And again, when it started so well! The cynic in me would suggest that in view of the current worries, today was a good time to bury the release of the rest of the team, but I'm sure that wasn't the case here, just unfortunate timing...

Fingers crossed everything turns out well for Coventry.

So the very weak rumoured team is true. Money saving rather than play off ambition. A team made up of reserves but we will be left weak at reserve when Sarjeant & Kerr both end up there as both have gone backwards.

I'm really not sure on how Sarjeant gets in the team every year.

Although it looks like we might not have a stadium to race in soon

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

There must be a plan. You would not announce team if there is nowhere to race. But I would say last three riders are bad. Garrity is not worthy on that average. Sarge and Kerr have fun. I don't rate King either had his first really good year and after averages sort themselves out King at number 5 is weak.

Bates and Sargent will be some of the strongest at reserve. Need Garrity and the Bjerres to realise their potential. King will maintain his average. Kerr is a very underated rider. Would have liked him at Wolves.

Edited by superguest
  • Like 1

There must be a plan. You would not announce team if there is nowhere to race. But I would say last three riders are bad. Garrity is not worthy on that average. Sarge and Kerr have fun. I don't rate King either had his first really good year and after averages sort themselves out King at number 5 is weak.

The team isn't looking good but i do rate King, he had a good season last year and the way he rides the outside line is exciting to watch.

I realise this is all irrelevant now given the latest goings on, but what happened to the team info you were " given in confidence"? ;)

it was OK except for the last 2 someone he was chasing obviously didn't materialise sorry
  • Like 1

We will have Bates/Kerr/Sarj in reserve all season, there won't be a stronger reserve pairing in the league. If Bjerre shows the form that he has abroad then he can push King at number 1. The side is just OK nothing special. It might look a bit better (or worse I suppose) when the other sides announce their teams.

• Like 2

We will have Bates/Kerr/Sarj in reserve all season, there won't be a stronger reserve pairing in the league. If Bjerre shows the form that he has abroad then he can push King at number 1. The side is just OK nothing special. It might look a bit better (or worse I suppose) when the other sides announce their teams.

Stop sugar coating it, the team is shocking. Poole and Rye house are miles better and so will wolves be.

• Like 2

Must be cause for concern when despite all the speculation the Coventry promotion and BSPA maintain a deafening silence.

They have made a statement .... about the team being complete.

So I remain completely on the side that the fans are only scare mongering at this stage.

It's clear there is an intent to run next year.

Stop sugar coating it, the team is shocking. Poole and Rye house are miles better and so will wolves be.

How am I sugar coating it I said it's nothing special! I said it might look better or worse once other sides are named! SCB is more positive about this team than I am, I said I'd prefer to use the Kerr and Sarj points better with another heatleader he disagreed.

Edited by woz01