British Speedway Forum

you dont need a number one to win the league, but good reserves you do )or at least 1!)

remember the first leg play of final against belle Vue? i think crump scored a faultless 21 point maximum, we didnt even attempt to go after him, just the rest of the team

belle vue ended up with 37 points!

you dont need a number one to win the league, but good reserves you do )or at least 1!)

remember the first leg play of final against belle Vue? i think crump scored a faultless 21 point maximum, we didnt even attempt to go after him, just the rest of the team

belle vue ended up with 37 points!

Yes but remember we had to use r/r for our in form injured no 2 K Bjerre no replacement allowed back then.Not saying we would have won it but in my opinion it would have been much closer.As we did finish top of the league with a team that had a top number one (Crump 9.89 ave) that year and if i remember it right did you not have a top of his game S Nicholls(9.25 ave) as your no 1.Plus B/vues res final combined ave were 9.47 and Covs 9.56 so no difference really.So seeing as both teams had a top number 1 and good reserves i cant' see your point.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Don't think it's as bad as people are making out. They should get plenty of heat two 5-1's and there are riders there who can and probably will increase their averages.

Sarjeant will turn what should be a nailed on reserves heat 5-1, into a 3-3 by jumping the start once every other meeting. Other than Sky matches I haven't seen much of Coventry recently. Is Sarjeant likely to overtake Shanes, Branford & Clegg if he gifts them a 15m start?

Is Sarjeant likely to overtake Shanes, Branford & Clegg if he gifts them a 15m start?

Yes and probably lap them as well. :lol:

• Like 1

you dont need a number one to win the league

Yes you do. TR's & heat 15.

• Like 2

I definitely won't be doing any running but I do take my own seat so I'll be okay. :)

That's a little unfair as you will more than likely be using that particular seat to take Molly & Lucy for walks too!

I would of thought Horton knowing that this could potentially be the last year of Coventry Speedway would of put together a team with a few surprises and made it at least a force to be reckoned with, but what a load of absolute brown stuff this is.

I feel sorry for the Coventry fans in general with this team and with the stadium coming down bit by bit.

Edited by Pirate Oliver
  • Like 2

I really don't understand the doom and gloom over this team.

Comparing it to an "Elite League" team, it doesnt look great, but we aren't in that world any more. In Bates/Sarjeant and Kerr we should have the best two reserves in the league all season, and looking at what other reserves are likely to be signed, they should clean up, and then be full of confidence if/when they move into the main body of the team.

I'm quite optimistic for this teams chances.... as long as the stadium issue is sorted

• Like 2

Comparing it to an "Elite League" team, it doesnt look great, but we aren't in that world any more. In Bates/Sarjeant and Kerr we should have the best two reserves in the league all season, and looking at what other reserves are likely to be signed, they should clean up, and then be full of confidence if/when they move into the main body of the team.

I'm quite optimistic for this teams chances.... as long as the stadium issue is sorted

nor do I k bjerre will score points in this league garrity surely improve not all doom and gloom is it
  • Like 1

Bates is a good young improving rider, Sargeant and Kerr are young but seem to have a high average for their ability and i expect most people can't see them improving much.

I expect most were expecting a better rider in the main body of the team with one weak reserve which seems to be the way some other teams have done it.

• Like 1

Lewis Kerr is on a bargain average - was struggling with new machinery for 3/4 of the year, changed back to what he knew & was flying in the last 1/4

• Like 2

When is the statement coming anyone know, or has Horton still got the tops off his suntan lotion?

• Like 1

When is the statement coming anyone know, or has Horton still got the tops off his suntan lotion?

Sandhu's statement is due tomorrow