British Speedway Forum

So hard to take in what has happened to the home of the Bees.

The soul of the club has been ripped out and it will never be replaced.

Mick Horton has dragged this club to what appears to be almost certain closure but Sandhu has played his part, with unwarranted wanton vandalism. Both of these "people" have shown how they have never had any heart in running Coventry speedway and understanding the importance it holds to the many thousands who have supported the club over the decades. They have sh@t upon the club, supporters and riders with no thought or regard for them, apart from trying to gain one up on the other.

• Like 2

How do Poole manage without seats?

Pardon..

If it is absolutely valueless, why not when it will cost you to remove them ? I can understand taking items that could be sold or used again, but wiring and plastic seats?

That's sounds like spite to me - we don't want it or need it, but they aren't getting it, especially if it will help them to carry on.

I'm with foam fence. You do an enormous amount of totally unnecessary damage and then say you will pay for it to be replaced ? That's bizarre.

Perhaps, given what Jeremy Heaver said tonight it was considered that "the shock tactic" was the only option left. It would appear that more talks are taking place now so you never know it might just bring a solution. Then in the bigger scheme of things a load of new seats would be a small price to pay.

Another point is that if a deal is not concluded Hortons biggest concern would not be missing seats, more likely lights , safety fence, track equipment would be uppermost in his mind.

However I understand that many fans have preconceived ideas and that's their choice. :D

I don't agree, Heaver sounded pretty sincere & believable.

Horton has been stalling & changing agreements.

The crux of it all is Horton couldn't afford to run speedway alone at £350,000 a season.

Horton is the problem here

Could any side afford 350k per year to run? Even assuming half can be recouped via sub-leasing, it's got to equate to 10k per home meeting. On a crowd of say 1000 with net receipts of 15k, that would leave 5k to cover all other costs, for both the home fixture and corresponding away meeting.

Really sad news for bees fans. Could they track/stadium share with Leicester for a season while the sh%t gets sorted? Is Horton liable for the lease regardless of whether speedway runs at Brandon?

Press Release

By Coventry Stox, Nov 29 2016 01:50PM

We are disappointed that Mick Horton has decided to issue a statement that infers he is shocked and unaware of the current removal of our property from the Coventry Stadium site whilst on holiday.

He knew as he has been in touch with us, with many others in speedway numerous times every day by text and e mail until 2.15pm yesterday when we received a e-mail from his lawyer that he would not be proceeding with the agreement.

Mick has also told his riders that he would understand if they decided to race elsewhere and we have always known and now confirmed that he had no intention of racing next year.

We will be making a full statement in due course.

http://www.coventrystox.com/news/4588148117

Was there the night Tatum was riding, wanted the Meeting called off, as he was Captain of Lakeside, got the Ref down a couple of times, threw his toys out of the pram, Sandhu calmly says to the Ref, if you call it off, there will never be another lap raced on the track, Meeting resumed, Bees won.Sandhu genuinely loved the Bees, then the vultures shafted him and the rest is history.

Doesn't that just prove he's a bully and prepared to use blackmail to get his own way?

• Like 2

The feelings in my heart right now are of sorrow and anger.

Sorrow because my whole childhood is being erased in front of my eyes, and the great history of Coventry Bees being left on this final note.

Anger because regardless of who is at fault as I believe there is more to this than is being shown by both sides. I have been very vocal about Mick Horton in the past but if this is true what is being reported then there aren't enough words I can say about how much of a class A t*t he really is.

I'm completely heartbroken, I grew up with Coventry when we were in the glory years of 05-10 and to see it end the way it has is devastating. I can't imagine what you guys who have supported them for many more years than myself must be feeling.

However I do not believe we will see another meeting at Coventry ever again. Convenient that Leicester hasn't signed one rider - for the riders' sakes get them signed up for f*ck sake.

If (and I believe it will be) this really is the end of the Bees, then our next step is to fight for a new stadium. We are a strong fan base, we need to stick together.

Edited by The Smiler
  • Like 3

Agree with that. However what doesn't make sense is that Sandhu is prepared, at his cost, to put in new fixtures and fittings if Horton signs and agrees. Either he has money to burn or has the ego the size of Warwickshire.

And now he cares not a jot and is happy to see the fans without a track, What a guy.

As ive said. Leicester club share could be the way forward.And i feel somebodys need to look into this. Because clearly you cannot trust the aformentioned..

• Like 1

Perhaps, given what Jeremy Heaver said tonight it was considered that "the shock tactic" was the only option left. It would appear that more talks are taking place now so you never know it might just bring a solution. Then in the bigger scheme of things a load of new seats would be a small price to pay.

Another point is that if a deal is not concluded Hortons biggest concern would not be missing seats, more likely lights , safety fence, track equipment would be uppermost in his mind.

However I understand that many fans have preconceived ideas and that's their choice. :D

I genuinely hope you're right.

I also suspect you might be right that their actions are a form of blackmail to force Horton to their terms or at least to the table. Thing is, they are playing with the future of the Bees in doing so. Horton might be getting what he deserves, but the Bees supporters are most certainly not.

Then again Sandhu has a history of holding speedway to ransom, hasn't he ?

• Like 4

As ive said. Leicester club share could be the way forward.And i feel somebodys need to look into this. Because clearly you cannot trust the aformentioned..

I can see this benefiting both clubs, if we've not found a promoter and the bleak state of affairs at Coventry does lead to the closure of Brandon (fingers crossed it doesn't come to this). If the clubs did amalgamate, I wouldn't expect to see the announced Coventry septet being the team though, as I think Leicester targets and possible riders will be involved.

How many clubs has Horton closed now. The BSPA should never allow him anywhere near a speedway club again. That being said, funny the wall of silence on this matter from the BSPA themselves !

And what caused then to do that though? Looks to me like Horton started this ball rolling.

Yes he starting the ball rolling by getting a lease that Sandhu had no interest in getting. If Horton didn't have a lease there wouldn't even be a Coventry 2017 thread. If Horton didn't secure a lease, who would?

I have information that the lease starts on January 1st, not tomorrow.

It's Sandhu lease that finishes tomorrow. Hortons lease starts Jan 1st till Oct 31st

A friend of mine went to Brandon to look at the actual damage. It's not just the seating that's been damaged, he think things have been taken without any care and the wiring around the place is badly damaged. I'm sorry to say I just don't see Sandhu actually paying to fix and replace things if he is only going to rent from Horton, would make no sense. My mate thinks it would cost a fortune

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

I genuinely hope you're right.

I also suspect you might be right that their actions are a form of blackmail to force Horton to their terms or at least to the table. Thing is, they are playing with the future of the Bees in doing so. Horton might be getting what he deserves, but the Bees supporters are most certainly not.

Then again Sandhu has a history of holding speedway to ransom, hasn't he ?

I'm not sure if you heard Heavers radio interview , he clearly stated that they agreed several deals with Horton only for him to renege on each one later on. Doesn't sound like he has been holding anyone to ransom here.

Edited by Dave Jones

I can see this benefiting both clubs, if we've not found a promoter and the bleak state of affairs at Coventry does lead to the closure of Brandon (fingers crossed it doesn't come to this). If the clubs did amalgamate, I wouldn't expect to see the announced Coventry septet being the team though, as I think Leicester targets and possible riders will be involved.

Definately, i said this quite a while ago. Its the way forward. Clearly the aformentioned wont budge so its in the hands of the fans now.