British Speedway Forum

Who is this Brandon Estates? The only companies I can find on Companies House are dissolved. Is this the same company that are supposedly sponsoring the Bees next year?

BRANDON ESTATES LIMITED was founded on 2014-08-29 and has its registered office in St Helier. The organisation's status is listed as "Live". Brandon Estates Limited is a RC - Registered Private Company registered in Jersey - Channel Islands with Jersey Financial Services Commission
Key Data
Company Name BRANDON ESTATES LIMITED Legal Registered Office Elizabeth House

9 Castle Street

St Helier

Jersey

JE2 3RT

• Like 2

Who is this Brandon Estates? The only companies I can find on Companies House are dissolved. Is this the same company that are supposedly sponsoring the Bees next year?

That's a different company, the one we are involved with is Jersey based and won't show up on companies house.

I'm convinced Sandhu is involved in Brandon Estates.

• Like 2

BRANDON ESTATES LIMITED was founded on 2014-08-29 and has its registered office in St Helier. The organisation's status is listed as "Live". Brandon Estates Limited is a RC - Registered Private Company registered in Jersey - Channel Islands with Jersey Financial Services Commission
Key Data
Company Name BRANDON ESTATES LIMITED Legal Registered Office Elizabeth House

9 Castle Street

St Helier

Jersey

JE2 3RT

That's a different company, the one we are involved with is Jersey based and won't show up on companies house.

Thanks for the information.

I thought I remembered councillor Stokes saying that Sandhu had confirmed to him that he had no business interests in either the stadium or the land other than the stadium lease to the end of 2016.

I thought I remembered councillor Stokes saying that Sandhu had confirmed to him that he had no business interests in either the stadium or the land other than the stadium lease to the end of 2016.

It depends of course how Mr Stokes has gained his information, is it fact, or is he going off what he has been told.

I've been suspicious of this story for some time.

I wonder why it's all been transferred to Jersey?

Perhaps it has been done to try and pull the wool over everyone's eyes :D

• Like 2

It depends of course how Mr Stokes has gained his information, is it fact, or is he going off what he has been told.

I've been suspicious of this story for some time.

Perhaps it has been done to try and pull the wool over everyone's eyes :D

Used to have dealings with business people of a certain culture !, always be very wary of what they say and then do.

In this situation Horton also seems to be part of the problem.

Edited by A ORLOV

From Cllr Michael Stokes FB:

Brandon Stadium Statement

Following the issues over the last few days, I again offered to facilitate talks between the interested parties. I am pleased to say that both Mr Sandhu and Mr Horton were both very receptive to holding further discussions and engaged fully.

This has been a very difficult and complicated situation and neither Sandhu or Horton own the land and there were some legalities at play around the end of leases. Of course the actions over the last few days have been concerning to local residents and fans and have been widely reported on social media and in the local news outlets. However, after listening fully to both sides, it was seen as a necessary step in order to protect the assets. I am confident this was neither a negotiating tactic or an act of spite.

Talks were difficult and went on well into the night. Both Sandhu and Horton have a clear passion for motorsport and Brandon Stadium and through this passion both parties were able to overcome the contractual issues.

Therefore, I am very pleased to say I was able to successfully facilitate talks that led to an agreement being reached by both parties. Mr Sandhu has agreed to put the stadium back to an operational state and both Stockcars and The Bees will be racing at the stadium in 2017.

I would now call upon all the fans and supporters to rally round your teams and show your support in 2017. This is an exceptional reprieve and an opportunity that should not be wasted.

Fantastic!

• Like 4

I love speedway and have followed the Bees for 68 years. Have not missed a Bees meeting 12 years but I can assure the speedway world that if the Bees go Neither my son or myself will travel to Leicester to watch Cov/lions ride. Even if we get over this present hiccup what sort of future faces the loyal supporters. I purchased season tickets regularly until last season where I could see the writing on the wall. Season tickets price for two had risen from £400 to £500, concessions gone. Season ticket holders lost money on their tickets. Sorry after all my years of support I will join the army of armchair supporters, cancel Speedway Star. Sorry even if the current situation is resolved what of the future. Who is going to actually build and pay for the new stadium even if the land could be found. More problems for the future. I don't know who is at fault in the present situation but it totally ridiculous. A city with inferior football team that has dropped 3 divisions and once a Speedway team where we watched the best riders in the world

Edited by abbo

Honestly didn't see this coming! Fantastic news, although i'm still wary of any unforeseen holdups

• Like 2

From Cllr Michael Stokes FB:

Brandon Stadium Statement

Following the issues over the last few days, I again offered to facilitate talks between the interested parties. I am pleased to say that both Mr Sandhu and Mr Horton were both very receptive to holding further discussions and engaged fully.

This has been a very difficult and complicated situation and neither Sandhu or Horton own the land and there were some legalities at play around the end of leases. Of course the actions over the last few days have been concerning to local residents and fans and have been widely reported on social media and in the local news outlets. However, after listening fully to both sides, it was seen as a necessary step in order to protect the assets. I am confident this was neither a negotiating tactic or an act of spite.

Talks were difficult and went on well into the night. Both Sandhu and Horton have a clear passion for motorsport and Brandon Stadium and through this passion both parties were able to overcome the contractual issues.

Therefore, I am very pleased to say I was able to successfully facilitate talks that led to an agreement being reached by both parties. Mr Sandhu has agreed to put the stadium back to an operational state and both Stockcars and The Bees will be racing at the stadium in 2017.

I would now call upon all the fans and supporters to rally round your teams and show your support in 2017. This is an exceptional reprieve and an opportunity that should not be wasted.

Fantastic news

Just finished my rant now statement issued that it's all back on again you couldn't make it up if you tried. Good news but we still have to look to the future with trepidation!

Just finished my rant now statement issued that it's all back on again you couldn't make it up if you tried. Good news but we still have to look to the future with trepidation!