British Speedway Forum

Maybe we will finish above Leicester and Swindon

Now that is what I call optimism.

No intention to criticise anyone who has posted on the forum, but it would great if more of you could come along to some of our meetings.

Your entrance fee goes directly towards helping under-16 British riders through our association with Young Lions Speedway.

More and more youngsters are participating year on year and it is encouraging that given the appropriate support, that as a sport we stand a better chance of developing a nucleus of riders who can compete at world level in 5-10 years time.

The more you know about the sport from all people who are connected (Riders, Team Managers, Promoters, Referees, TV presenters etc.) the more you appreciate the challenges that many face.

All of the guests that we have spoken to over the years are real enthusiasts and are all rooting for the sport to pick itself up and move forward, although they may disagree about what is needed to get there.

We know all about the ludicrous and over complicated rule book and the culture within the sport which promotes this ridiculously short-sighted season by season view of self-interest and rule manipulation.

As the fans we have two ways to deal with this.

We can trade insults with one another and criticise the people who run the sport (and yes a lot of this criticism is very valid) or as we see it at the NSSC, we can look at ways to try to help the future speedway riders to improve so that hopefully British Speedway is no longer the third rate sport that it is at present.

So by coming along to our NSSC evenings you are making a contribution, you can learn a few things you didn't know before and voice your opinion.

• Like 2

No intention to criticise anyone who has posted on the forum, but it would great if more of you could come along to some of our meetings.

Okikoki, when is your next meeting?

This Coventry side doesnt look as bad as it did at first sight.

It doesn't look as bad now Swindon's team is complete. Depends on how the other teams look once completed

Read it.

I have. Still nothing to do with Coventry. Every time somebody with English as a second language misspells a word, it doesn't mean they are joining Coventry. Think he's just made a spelling mistake if this is what you are talking about.

It's nice to bee important ...but it's more important to bee nice 😉😉👊🏻

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Peter Ljung! Interesting post on Twitter.

When he uses English he often makes spelling mistakes. The winks do make it look suspicious but very much doubt anything is in that.

Edited by woz01

Still nothing from Mick the Prick I see.

Naughty words, yet strangely Neil Watson liked it?

• Like 1

Now that is what I call optimism.

That's what I thought as I'm normally negative 👍

• Like 1

Naughty words, yet strangely Neil Watson liked it?

:o He will be for the chop then. The last person that liked a post Mick didn't agree with got the sack never to be seen again. Clue......Chris Simpson our D.J. and the rider who was in dispute with the promotion about payment for his kevlars I believe. Kenni Larson or Kenneth Hansen, I can never remember which one.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

I suspect the like was pressed with a hint (a lot really) of sarcasm.

• Like 2

Okikoki, when is your next meeting?

Our next meeting is a special event on Saturday 14th January, where the NSSC will be hosting an awards evening with Neil Vatcher to celebrate the achievements of under-16 riders who have been successful in their respective category throughout last season.

This is a first for the club and a different event compared to what you would normally see at the NSSC.

The list of guests who have kindly given up their time over the years includes:

Riders from: Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Greg Hancock, Billy Hamill, Andreas Jonsson, Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls, Hans Andersen, Danny King, Stuart Robson, Rory Schlein, Simon Stead, Martin Smolinski, Kenni Larsen, Edward Kennett, Lewis Kerr, Max Fricke, David Howe, Billy Janniro, Ryan Fisher, Morten Risager, Adam Roynon, Ricky Wells, Shane Parker, Jason Garrity, James Sargeant and Josh Bates amongst many others.

Promoters and Team Managers: Colin Pratt, Peter Oakes, Alun Rossiter, Jim Lynch, Gary Havelock, Peter Adams, Trevor Swales, Mick Horton, Chris Van Straaten, David Hemsley, Debbie Hancock, Graham Drury, Rick Frost amongst many others.

Referees: Tony Steele, Chris Durno, Jim Lawrence, Dave Watters, Craig Ackroyd, Phil Griffin, Christine Turnbull amongst others.

Significant others: Neil Vatcher, Phil Morris, Nigel Pearson, David Rowe and Steve Brandon.

If you would like to come you would be more than welcome.

Do none of you lot have collapsible chairs at home you can take with you.

Ones with cup holders to put the Thermos lid/cup in?

Good call...

Add a nice tartan blanket for your knees and plastic 'gola' bag for your corned beef and beetroot sandwiches (tinned CB obviously not that Fresh stuff) to hang off the back, and you are away..

Put say ten in a row and it could very quickly become Speedways equivalent of the 'Exec Box'...

However,

Maybe they could run a 'Buy a Cushion' campaign?

Similar to the BV 'Buy a Brick' one?

£50 and you get your own cushion with your name on it and arse cheeks moulded in for 'extra comfort'...

Also similar to BV, £500 would get you a 'Cushion for Life' meaning you would be able to keep your cushion in the same place every season 'forever'..

Oh hang on...

Maybe not...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4