British Speedway Forum

With Swindon, Rye House and Somerset complete I wonder if those who said the Bees team was crap still think the same?

Think we might have been a bit harsh on the Coventry team esp when looking at how poor Somerset look.

We definitely have the strongest reserve pairing so far

We definitely have the strongest reserve pairing so far

That's the problem. Too weak in the 1-5.

That's the problem. Too weak in the 1-5.

Would take King, K Bjerre, Garrity, Kerr & L Bjerre over Somerset's top 5 anyday

• Like 2

Would take King, K Bjerre, Garrity, Kerr & L Bjerre over Somerset's top 5 anyday

Absolutely, the Bees looking better by the day... :t:

• Like 2

I tell you what this Coventry side could make the play-offs. better than Swindon and Somerset so far out of the confirmed sides.

I would bet £1 on Leicester lions winning the league at 5000/1 :)

• Like 2

Has anyone yet revealed if or when the signing of the lease takes place or when it took place?.Mr Watson any comment.

Brandon Estates statement saying lease was signed was released November 3rd so I guess then.

With Swindon, Rye House and Somerset complete I wonder if those who said the Bees team was crap still think the same?

Absolutely, the Bees looking better by the day... :t:

Yep as every year, you can't give an opinion till all teams are complete but I think it is even more telling this close season. Coventry don't look too bad to me with the teams completed so far. :t:

• Like 3

I gather electricians have been working at the stadium in the last few days.

Yep as every year, you can't give an opinion till all teams are complete but I think it is even more telling this close season. Coventry don't look too bad to me with the teams completed so far. :t:

Agree. I said wait till all are named and we won't look so average. I actually think we have a decent side now.

• Like 3

poole and wolves look like being miles better than the rest.

Coventry and rye house look like play off contenders. I expect kings lynn will be also.

Swindon will be mid table.

Belle vue I can't see being play off contenders, albeit hard to judge with no riders named!

Leicester and Somerset o can see being the worst two teams.

Still early days.

Coventry and rye house look like play off contenders. I expect kings lynn will be also.

Belle vue I can't see being play off contenders, albeit hard to judge with no riders named!

Still early days.

Think you're underestimating Belle Vue if they get Bewley. He will allow the team excellent strength in depth with a top 5 better than Coventry.

Still early days.

But there are likely to be changes to teams round about May-June which could totally change the final outcome.

• Like 1

But there are likely to be changes to teams round about May-June which could totally change the final outcome.

depending on the rules. the drop in points limit to 42 will make it tough to strengthen too much. And they should remove the rule that allows you to replace a rider with a lower averaged one even if you are over the points limit.

Think you're underestimating Belle Vue if they get Bewley. He will allow the team excellent strength in depth with a top 5 better than Coventry.

depends on the aces team. but if its say: cook, fricke, worral, worral, jacobs. bewley,smith/williamson as seems to be expected - that is not a better top 5 than coventry, and a weaker reserve pairing.

depending on the rules. the drop in points limit to 42 will make it tough to strengthen too much. And they should remove the rule that allows you to replace a rider with a lower averaged one even if you are over the points limit.

But while that rule is there the switched on managers will use it. It will be interesting to see how many changes take place.

Tbh I can't see many riders putting large gains on their average. And yet to be established what conversion will be used for replacements. Klindt is the only real candidate I see for putting big initial gains on his average, but even if he gets up to 7.5, who is out there to replace him?