British Speedway Forum

poole and wolves look like being miles better than the rest.

Coventry and rye house look like play off contenders. I expect kings lynn will be also.

Swindon will be mid table.

Belle vue I can't see being play off contenders, albeit hard to judge with no riders named!

Leicester and Somerset o can see being the worst two teams.

Still early days.

Coventry won't make the play off with the announced team, it is pretty awful. Are you expecting K Bjerre to become a world beater?

• Like 2

Coventry won't make the play off with the announced team, it is pretty awful. Are you expecting K Bjerre to become a world beater?

Bjerre is a genuine number 1 in this league. He'll average 9+ I reckon. He had an excellent 2016 season.
  • Like 2

I think he means from the teams announced so far. Yes the team is average but better than Swindon or Somerset on paper. Rye house have a solid top 5 but Watt has a low average due to inconsistent form and Harris struggled with set up this year so will need that top 5 to hit form to make up for the weakness at reserve.

Wolves & Poole look strongest so far

As for Bjerre, no he's not always a world beater but there aren't many world class riders to beat in this years line ups sadly. He should be able to beat some of the other teams heatleaders such as Ellis, Tungate, Harris, Josh.G etc

Edited by mdmc82

Bjerre and King will average at least high 8s. Where we will be more stronger than anybody is at reserve, whoever will be at reserve (Kerr, Sarj, Bates) will consistently take points off the oppositions top 5 especially at Brandon.

Edited by woz01

Bjerre and King will average at least high 8s. Where we will be more stronger than anybody is at reserve, whoever will be at reserve (Kerr, Sarj, Bates) will consistently take points off the oppositions top 5 especially at Brandon.

Bjerre should be around nine, King I think will be a point lower. It's difficult to assess without seeing all the line ups, but Coventry look a middle of the road team, with a chance of fourth place. Bates starting at reserve is a big plus, as he's far better than his five point average, however that only offsets having Garrity on such a high average. I'd have replaced Kerr and Sarjeant with a two pointer and a stronger rider like Kylmakorpi, but it's probably more financially prudent this way and it's good to see a club retaining a young, British core.

• Like 2

Bjerre should be around nine, King I think will be a point lower. It's difficult to assess without seeing all the line ups, but Coventry look a middle of the road team, with a chance of fourth place. Bates starting at reserve is a big plus, as he's far better than his five point average, however that only offsets having Garrity on such a high average. I'd have replaced Kerr and Sarjeant with a two pointer and a stronger rider like Kylmakorpi, but it's probably more financially prudent this way and it's good to see a club retaining a young, British core.

Yep I agree that around 4th will be where we likely to finish at this stage

Edited by woz01

Harris struggled with set up this year so will need that top 5 to hit form to make up for the weakness at reserve.

I think Chris struggled with his set up every year. :lol: It always seemed to take a few months before he properly got going then he'd be flying by the end of the season. I could never understand why he didn't then keep those bikes/engines or whatever and put them in moth balls until March but he always seemed to start from scratch again and have the same early season problems. Anyway, it doesn't concern us now so I hope he carries on his normal practice and we meet Rye House early on. :P

• Like 1

Bates was a good signing, should improve.

King is a solid heat leader.

K Bjerre is iffy he could be a bargain on that average, and has the potential to be good #1, but confidence rider

L Bjerre could be a bonus

Don't know much about Kerr, been and OK ELD rider from what I have seen.

Garrity as a heat leader I have no doubts about is potential, its his mentality that worries me.

Sarjeant. OMG WTF have the Bee's signed a rider that should be excluded twice a meeting for jumping the start?

• Like 1

Am I alone in wondering about the Bees future. 10 days ago we were told by Jeremy Heavet and Councillor Stokes that all was sorted. Sandhu and Muck Horton now good friends working together for sake of stock cars and speedway. Only thing lacking is a comment from Messrs Horton/Watson to confirm that they are also singing from the same hymn sheet as Heaver/Stokes. Some 10 days have elapsed since the so called agreement notjhing positive from Speedway side. I know some posters think that there is no need for any such speedway statement but I would have thought that this would be common courtesy!.

• Like 1

Am I alone in wondering about the Bees future. 10 days ago we were told by Jeremy Heavet and Councillor Stokes that all was sorted. Sandhu and Muck Horton now good friends working together for sake of stock cars and speedway. Only thing lacking is a comment from Messrs Horton/Watson to confirm that they are also singing from the same hymn sheet as Heaver/Stokes. Some 10 days have elapsed since the so called agreement notjhing positive from Speedway side. I know some posters think that there is no need for any such speedway statement but I would have thought that this would be common courtesy!.

I agree. Mick Horton should have reassured the fans ALL was well but perhaps they aren`t

Oh lord, here we go again. ....

No news is good news! The stadium is in transition from current owners to new, hence nothing is being done to it until the keys are given to Horton in Jan.

The Bees website posted the comments at the time, nothing more needs to be said.

We've named our team. Stop being so pessimistic.

Oh lord, here we go again. ....

No news is good news! The stadium is in transition from current owners to new, hence nothing is being done to it until the keys are given to Horton in Jan.

The Bees website posted the comments at the time, nothing more needs to be said.

We've named our team. Stop being so pessimistic.

But why is Pieman saying Coventry has gone, and doesn't reply to anybody asking for an explanation.

They did say the previous day that there would not be a statement as the clubs position has never changed and that they were always intending to run. I agree that a short statement saying glad it's all been sorted should have been released.

Edited by woz01

Who is pieman?

On "Does Speedway have a future" on Speedway discussions:

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

Pieman72, on 07 Dec 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

Unfortunately Coventry Speedway is no more fixtures, fittings and shale have all been removed. housing will be built on the site and speedway will be no more.

Fundamentally profitability entertainment and survival is the crucial situation. To fight off housing propectors, the sites must turn in a profit. I'd rather have a full stadium with £10 per head than £18 and an empty one. It would be more profitable, draw an analogy between the discount supermarkets and the big four it can't be clearer. Same products but without the frills.

Could you guarantee a full one though?