British Speedway Forum

[quote name="Tsunami" post="

Oh lord, here we go again. ....

No news is good news! The stadium is in transition from current owners to new, hence nothing is being done to it until the keys are given to Horton in Jan.

The Bees website posted the comments at the time, nothing more needs to be said.

We've named our team. Stop being so pessimistic.

Not being pessimistic just realistic.What comments were made on Bees website that's my point NO comment from Horton/Watson has been made since the announcements were made by Stokes/Heaver. Still say short comments by Bees to confirm the news that has been supplied by other parties!.

Edited by abbo
  • Like 1

Andy Smith a darts player.

Three times British Champion and now he drinks a lot of beer and has his own intro music.

Sorry people. It was off topic but it was meant to amuse you.

On topic, I read the Coventry Telegraph article about the search for a new site with interest. The search seems to be progressing in earnest and Mr Sandhu says he's committed to building a new stadium. I know what most of you are thinking but maybe we have to put that on one side and get behind those who are researching the possible new venues. Come the day we may be able to help lay the foundation (literally). Let's stand up and be counted right now. It won't cost you anything to change the tide of opinion. It might cost you dearly if we don't

• Like 1

Oh lord, here we go again. ....

No news is good news! The stadium is in transition from current owners to new, hence nothing is being done to it until the keys are given to Horton in Jan.

The Bees website posted the comments at the time, nothing more needs to be said.

We've named our team. Stop being so pessimistic.

It's not quite true to say nothing is being done to it though is it? Photos show that things are still happening ~ lamp posts broken down, fence removed, doors broken. Hence the reason why some of us are still worried exactly what is going on.

Hence the reason why some of us are still worried exactly what is going on.

We're all worried. Half of me thinks I've already seen my last race at Brandon. Nearly half of me thinks I'll never see the Bees ride again.

But now is the time to look forward with some optimism. We have a lease for next year. We have a team and not a bad one in my opinion. Yes we need some promised work to our beloved stadium. But we have a couple of things on our side. We have a promise of a restored facility. I will not debate the honesty or motivation of those involved. I will accept the veracity and efforts demonstrated by my candidate for man of the speedway year, Mr Michael Stokes. He holds considerable power but wields it with a gentle hand behind the scenes. We already owe him a massive debt of thanks for getting us this far and we still have some hope for the future.

Please do one small thing. You all love the sport and I know none of you, Bees fans or not, want to see the end of Coventry Speedway.

Write a 3 line email to Mr Stokes expressing your thanks for his efforts thus far. It will help

michael.stokes@rugby.gov.uk

Edited by False dawn

It's not quite true to say nothing is being done to it though is it? Photos show that things are still happening ~ lamp posts broken down, fence removed, doors broken. Hence the reason why some of us are still worried exactly what is going on.

That's exactly as it was left when the deal was done. Weve had no pictures for 10 days then someone comes along with a 5 second video saying stuff is still being taken yet no workmen, diggers or anything being on site. Its just scaremongering from that individual. I went in the week and it was exactly the same. Nothing has been taken from the site and all the other floodlights pylons are still up apart from 3 which were next to where they should be on the 3-4 bend. Electricians have been in and made the site safe that's it. I believe the electricians have a contract there till March.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

We're all worried. Half of me thinks I've already seen my last race at Brandon. Nearly half of me thinks I'll never see the Bees ride again.

But now is the time to look forward with some optimism. We have a lease for next year. We have a team and not a bad one in my opinion. Yes we need some promised work to our beloved stadium. But we have a couple of things on our side. We have a promise of a restored facility. I will not debate the honesty or motivation of those involved. I will accept the veracity and efforts demonstrated by my candidate for man of the speedway year, Mr Michael Stokes. He holds considerable power but wields it with a gentle hand behind the scenes. We already owe him a massive debt of thanks for getting us this far and we still have some hope for the future.

Please do one small thing. You all love the sport and I know none of you, Bees fans or not, want to see the end of Coventry Speedway.

Write a 3 line email to Mr Stokes expressing your thanks for his efforts thus far. It will help

michael,stokes@rugby.gov.uk

Or contact him on twitter, which I did and he liked, the least we can do!
  • Like 1

That's exactly as it was left when the deal was done. Weve had no pictures for 10 days then someone comes along with a 5 second video saying stuff is still being taken yet no workmen, diggers or anything being on site. Its just scaremongering from that individual. I went in the week and it was exactly the same. Nothing has been taken from the site and all the other floodlights pylons are still up apart from 3 which were next to where they should be on the 3-4 bend. Electricians have been in and made the site safe that's it. I believe the electricians have a contract there till March.

That's good to know thanks.

michaeal.stokes@rugby.gov.uk

For the record, as many may already have realised, you have a typo in the email address and it should be 'michael' without the second 'a'.

But an excellent idea and I'm off to do that email now!

For the record, as many may already have realised, you have a typo in the email address and it should be 'michael' without the second 'a'.But an excellent idea and I'm off to do that email now!

Whoops. Apologies to anyone who has attempted to send an email unsuccessfully.

michael.stokes@rugby.gov.uk

Hopefully a new PA system that works!

As long as Peter York isn't let loose on it.....

• Like 4

Ihave already been accused of being a pessimist but I would strongly emphasise the point that neither Horton/Watson have released any communication post the releases from Councillor Stokes and Sandhu via the Stoxsite. Why if they were happy they would have been anxious to reassure the fans with season tickets etc on the horizon. Sorry I still feel there is something wrong with the reassurances we had nearly two weeks ago. Sorry we deserve a statement from the Speedway sources!

Edited by abbo
  • Like 5

Ihave already been accused of being a pessimist but I would strongly emphasise the point that neither Horton/Watson have released any communication post the releases from Councillor Stokes and Sandhu via the Stoxsite. Why if they were happy they would have been anxious to reassure the fans with season tickets etc on the horizon. Sorry I still feel there is something wrong with the reassurances we had nearly two weeks ago. Sorry we deserve a statement from the Speedway sources!

Can`t see the track being ready for racing at the end of March especially if we get some snow and freezing conditions its another Belle Vue in the making. If its a court case it`ll go on for ever !