British Speedway Forum

Very sad news for Coventry speedway. Confirmed that any new stadium will now just be for stox cars and not speedway.

There is no way Horton & the council will be able to afford to replace everything.

Why couldn't he just agree a deal to let Sandhu have stox cars at Brandon.

What a sad end after all these years 😥

• Like 1

Very sad news for Coventry speedway. Confirmed that any new stadium will now just be for stox cars and not speedway.

There is no way Horton & the council will be able to afford to replace everything.

Why couldn't he just agree a deal to let Sandhu have stox cars at Brandon.

What a sad end after all these years 😥

Horton leases off Brandon Estates who have a dispute with Sandhu. I've very much doubt Brandon Estates would want Sandhu operating at the stadium at this stage.

• Like 1

Feel for all people involved with Coventry Speedway and those fans that will be lost to the sport forever.

• Like 1

Feel for all people involved with Coventry Speedway and those fans that will be lost to the sport forever.

I feel I will be one. Tempted to get a season ticket to watch Rugby League in the City but I've been holding off hoping for good news.

• Like 1

Terrible news for speedways history and of course for the Coventry fans.

Losing Wimbledon, Coventry and possibly Belle Vue would be like losing a vast part of the sports heritage.

Another big nail in the coffin of the sport in this country.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 1

I will be lost to speedway without my team to support.

I will be lost to speedway without my team to support

Horton leases off Brandon Estates who have a dispute with Sandhu. I've very much doubt Brandon Estates would want Sandhu operating at the stadium at this stage.

But without anybody to pay to replace the fixtures and with Horton not able to finance a year of the speedway cost (according to Sandhu) we are finished 😥

Edited by mdmc82

The rumble carries on.

And some said Sandhu was the saviour of the bees. :nono:

• Like 1

The rumble carries on.

And some said Sandhu was the saviour of the bees. :nono:

I don't think now is the time for pointing fingers Steve. No-one knows what has been said in private meetings etc.

I don't think now is the time for pointing fingers Steve. No-one knows what has been said in private meetings etc.

You are probably right.

I wax just referring to Sandhu as being the one who sold the stadium in the first place that was all.

I really hope some resolution can be found tho. A terrible day if the Bees don't come to the tapes this year.

• Like 1

I think you need to make up your mind. Just yesterday you were telling us that Sandhu is Brandon Estates,now you are telling us they wouldn't want him operating the stadium. Which Is it!!!

The rumble carries on.

And some said Sandhu was the saviour of the bees.

Very crass comment, especially from someone who was so critical of Shovlar a few pages back. In my eyes this is a bigger piece of trolling than anything he said

Terrible news but not unexpected.

Considering Brandon Estates hide themselves away in Jersey with no named spokesperson leaves one to the conclusion that Sandhu and Brandon estates are one and the same.

The argument and disagreement could well be a concocted smokescreen just so speedway is brought to an end and the place demolished for houses. By causing so much vandalism Sandhu has made sure its game over.

This latest news of 'moving on' backs up the story. Have to feel sorry for the Coventry fans who deserve better than this.

• Like 2

More pontification from the Sandhu camp then?! Surprise surprise.

For them to suggest the Speedway doesn't want Stox is ludicrous. What they are playing silly buggers at is the terms of the lease offered by Horton!!

Having gone from dictating the terms (when they owned the stadium) to accepting another's terms under a speedway-controlled lease is what this is all about!

I don't know the terms of the new lease offered by Horton - they may be unrealistic, they may not. For Sandhu to claim he only took the equipment that was his - without any regard for the damage caused - to use at a new stadium ie equally ludicrous. Even if there were real plans for a new stadium somewhere, it wouldn't be ready in time for a 2017 season anyway so why rip the equipment out now?

If Stox are to run at other existing venues then they will already be equipped and the Brandon fixtures and fittings would be superfluous in the short term.

Lets hope the Council (Cllr Stokes?), Brandon and Horton can come up with a deal that suits the speedway and also gets the equipment reinstated as promised by Sandhu.