British Speedway Forum

Well said This club has meant a lot to speedway fans and their family members long before Sandhu, Horton or the new owners were ever involved. The fact that they could be responsible for ending what has been a huge speedway club with a strong history is tragic.

If they have a love for speedway as they keep insisting then why can't they prove it instead of trying to score points against each other

Its a good question which any fan of speedway, not just Coventry, should be asking. The sport has a long history attached to it and Coventry, love em or "hate" em (only in sporting competitive terms) have been a significant part of it both as a club and as a team with world class riders attached to it.

However, what we have to face up to is that today, we have owners and promoters attached to the Coventry club who have considerable personal interests vested in matters associated with the entity which we know as Coventry Bees and like it or not, the outcome of the deliberation between those parties is going to have to be settled first and the current fan base and history of this iconic club is not the priority to those involved.

As stated elsewhere, it is a complex matter, and frankly one beyond what we fans will be told about because (as much as it may hurt) these are financial and contractual matters which does not directly concern those who pay to support the Bees & speedway

however, we can hope that matters do get resolved allowing the Bees to race in 2017 and that this heralds the beginning of a new exciting chapter for Coventry speedway and slowly but surly the whole sorry mess of the past few years can begin to be consigned to history.

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 2

A touching post and as a Bees supporter from a kid (many years ago) I wish I could be optimistic about our future. Sadly I am losing faith. :cry:

Edited by fliss44

I have zero faith that we will run, I have very little trust in any of them.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

ochiltree must be rolling around

Whys that? Brandon Estates now building in graveyards?

When are the powers that be at whatever level in the sport going to stop sticking two fingers up to the supporters who over many many years have supported the likes of Coventry and all the clubs that grace the sport today. Most clubs are playing games with the supporters and cannot spell the word honest. The promoters seem to position themselves from a self interest perspective and yet come the opening day of the season expect all to be forgiven and the punter to not only generously give an over inflated sum to pacify the ego of a few riders who have an highly questionable view of their value but also underwrite the lack of business acumen of some promoters who generally care little for the average loyal supporter. Those currently behind Coventry do not deserve the backing and goodwill of the speedway fans at large and yes Coventry is part of a much bigger picture but will they come clean. Alas I doubt that they can be bothered and all one can hope is that one way or another this sorry state of affairs is resolved by someone with the balls to do so and ensure that we end up with what is best for British speedway.

• Like 3

Whys that? Brandon Estates now building in graveyards?

Another excellent contribution to these discussions from The Shoveller

• Like 2

Speedway should be declared a Horton free zone.

• Like 4

ochiltree must be rolling around

Charles Ochiltree, love or loathe him would have never let the club get into this state of affairs, Just a word for mr shovelar have some respect for those that are no longer with us.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 8

A touching post and as a Bees supporter from a kid (many years ago) I wish I could be optimistic about our future. Sadly I am losing faith. :cry:

Yes it is but the one below seems to sum it up better unfortunately.

When are the powers that be at whatever level in the sport going to stop sticking two fingers up to the supporters who over many many years have supported the likes of Coventry and all the clubs that grace the sport today. Most clubs are playing games with the supporters and cannot spell the word honest. The promoters seem to position themselves from a self interest perspective and yet come the opening day of the season expect all to be forgiven and the punter to not only generously give an over inflated sum to pacify the ego of a few riders who have an highly questionable view of their value but also underwrite the lack of business acumen of some promoters who generally care little for the average loyal supporter. Those currently behind Coventry do not deserve the backing and goodwill of the speedway fans at large and yes Coventry is part of a much bigger picture but will they come clean. Alas I doubt that they can be bothered and all one can hope is that one way or another this sorry state of affairs is resolved by someone with the balls to do so and ensure that we end up with what is best for British speedway.

Edited by Gemini

The fans don't know what's going so I wonder if the riders are kept in the dark too ?

Sad days in British speedway when 3 sets of fans are no clearer to knowing about their teams 2017 season just 8 weeks before it due to start.

Riders and fans deserve better.

I don't get this attitude of 'when we have some news we will tell you' , No doubt they are aware this situation is critical, the well-being of an iconic Speedway Club is at stake here. With only a few weeks before the season starts the situation should be developing every day. If not, then it should be, The fans who have supported the club for years wants to know the current state of the proceedings and should be kept in the picture every day..

The promoters are burying their heads here, not keeping the fans informed, whereas they should be getting all the help and support possible in the hours that lay ahead. Each day that passes with no movement is another day lost. The project just keeps getting harder and harder . How long before this becomes impossible to succeed???.

What development happened yesterday? What is expected today??. what is the plan for the next few days?? We the fans deserve to know this .. We want to know if the outlook is good or is it as bad as it looks.

Being treated like Mushrooms is not ideal for anyone,,.... or anything...... ..

• Like 1

I don't get this attitude of 'when we have some news we will tell you' , No doubt they are aware this situation is critical, the well-being of an iconic Speedway Club is at stake here. With only a few weeks before the season starts the situation should be developing every day. If not, then it should be, The fans who have supported the club for years wants to know the current state of the proceedings and should be kept in the picture every day..

The promoters are burying their heads here, not keeping the fans informed, whereas they should be getting all the help and support possible in the hours that lay ahead. Each day that passes with no movement is another day lost. The project just keeps getting harder and harder . How long before this becomes impossible to succeed???.

What development happened yesterday? What is expected today??. what is the plan for the next few days?? We the fans deserve to know this .. We want to know if the outlook is good or is it as bad as it looks.

Being treated like Mushrooms is not ideal for anyone,,.... or anything...... ..

The problem is the dispute between Brandon Estates and Sandhu, that needs sorting before anything else can proceed. I guess Horton can't do much or release any information until then. To be honest personally I'd rather they wait until they give us actual news instead of the stuff we've had from Sandhu + Heaver and Brandon Estates, their recent public media spat can't help any negotiations. They've also contradicted themselves more than once trying to spin the situation. I don't care about any of that that, I just want news on whether we are running or not. Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

What about the local newspaper? Dont they have an investigation team?

They have been in contact with Brandon estates, so who are they?

Very suprised the paper hasn't reported a lot more rather than wait for information to come to them.