British Speedway Forum

And I don't get this 'need to know' every minute of the day attitude.

Social media has a lot to answer for...........

Quite.

With the situation in such a delicate state I can understand nothing at all being said. Hard for supporters who want to know what's going on but absolutely necessary and understandable.

• Like 5

What about the local newspaper? Dont they have an investigation team?

They have been in contact with Brandon estates, so who are they?

Very suprised the paper hasn't reported a lot more rather than wait for information to come to them.

I think Brandon Estates employ a 'spokesman' to talk to the media. The paper is very good at investigating things, they've found some interesting stuff about CCFC owners Sisu and what they are doing. I have asked them to have a look but don't know if they are. Its difficult to find out about directors and shareholders when the company is based in Jersey. Some say that's convenient.

Under no circumstances should Coventry be allowed to race at Beaumont Park......Would Leicester City have Nottingham Forest share the King Power, no way Jose!

Keep Coventry out!!!.

What about the local newspaper? Dont they have an investigation team?

They have been in contact with Brandon estates, so who are they?

Very suprised the paper hasn't reported a lot more rather than wait for information to come to them.

Local newspapers having an investigations team?

No chance.

Local newspapers across the country are on their knees-lucky to have a few reporters. And those reporters will have targets to meet around number of stories written and social media use.

They hardly have time to investigate if the kettle is still working.

Such is today's life of the local press. People have by and large stopped buying newspapers, there's no real money in the internet and staff have been cut to the bone and beyond. Whole departments have been wiped out.

• Like 2

Under no circumstances should Coventry be allowed to race at Beaumont Park......Would Leicester City have Nottingham Forest share the King Power, no way Jose!

Keep Coventry out!!!.

Coventry City shared Northampton Town sixfields ground.

And I don't get this 'need to know' every minute of the day attitude.

Social media has a lot to answer for...........

Nobody is asking for a 'every minute of the day' attitude, merely to be kept in the picture of the current situation. A morning bulletin would satisfy most people and would show the wheels are actually turning. Hearing nothing only add to the uncertainty.

Quite.

With the situation in such a delicate state I can understand nothing at all being said. Hard for supporters who want to know what's going on but absolutely necessary and understandable.

I don't see how keeping fans informed takes anything away from the discussions that are taken place. What is so delicate that the fans mustn't know. We have 3 parties to negotiate a solution. Eventually whether the club is saved or doomed the people responsible will be named or shamed, so why all the secrecy??

It is my view of life , that if anything has been done in secret, then usually it has been done underhanded, and that my biggest fear..... When deals are done in the open, you don't get 'back handers' , deceptions nor bribes . Deals are secured on good honest endeavour. Probably I expect too much........

Rugby Council say one option open to them is a compulsory purchase order but that's a long way down the line.

Think it's time to realise Brandon is done the season is fast approaching time is running out - riders and fans need answers now Mr Horton.

• Like 2

Over 10,000 people have got in touch with Rugby Council about the issues at Brandon.

• Like 2

Keep Coventry out!!!.

There have been (many ) times since as a 10 year old and now some 40 years later that I have screamed, shouted & hated what the Bees have dished out to the Lions - on track. I also resented the role no matter how big or how small the CO played in the closure of what was fast approaching a derelict Blackbird Road stadium.

I also loved it beyond almost anything else (sporting) when the Lions came out on top (rare) and so when speedway returned to Leicester & when the rivalry returned (albeit so less emotional than way back) the journey from the dark days of no speedway in Leicester was complete.

Why do I say all of this? simple. If there is anything which Leicester or anyone can do to avoid another speedway club being lost to the sport, and in the case of Coventry & Leicester saving one of the greatest historical rivalries in speedway then they should do it.

After all, Many would rather have 4 chances every year of beating the Bees on track than willingly being part of a one off event of ending Coventry Bees for good....Actually If the bees did have to ride at Leicester, that would be great, I could go along every week and cheer for the opposition just like I used to do at Brandon whilst the Lions were missing for those 20+ years :lol:

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 5

I think Brandon Estates employ a 'spokesman' to talk to the media. The paper is very good at investigating things, they've found some interesting stuff about CCFC owners Sisu and what they are doing. I have asked them to have a look but don't know if they are. Its difficult to find out about directors and shareholders when the company is based in Jersey. Some say that's convenient.

You don't actually believe that do you? It's an awful paper in all honesty. Their speedway coverage is only so good because of Dave Rowe

With negotiations and egos delicately poised, any 'daily update' on the situation from any of the protagonists (even with all their tacit private agreement) is likely to be questioned, countermanded or simply publicly disagreed with, just for some continued one-upmanship or scoring some media points!!

Best to wait in hope until the whole situation is solved.

• Like 2

You don't actually believe that do you? It's an awful paper in all honesty. Their speedway coverage is only so good because of Dave Rowe

It's a local paper not the Guardian. Some of the stuff they found in the Sisu/council debacle was excellent. I agree Dave Rowe does an excellent job for us.

• Like 2