British Speedway Forum

the fact that the statement came from the bspa says it all, the team will turn up either Leicester or belle vue... unfortunately i wont turn up anywhere

• Like 1

Very sad news to lose a club. Sandhu finally getting his way. And to think some actually supported him on here.

Feel for the riders, some of whom will miss out on a job, and feel for the long suffering Coventry fans who had to watch their club slowly wrecked by someone only interested in building houses. The removal of assets at Coventry Stadium was an act of vandalism with the sole purpose of bringing about this result.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 5

And before anyone starts to defend Coventry Speedway's stance on staying silent (which seems to be only with the fans in this case), I do not see how this would interfere with any legal technicalities if still ongoing.

As someone who defending their silence recently I now agree, we need news. Even if it's just a sentence or two.

Very sad news to lose a club. Sandhu finally getting his way. And to think some actually supported him on here.

Feel for the riders, some of whom will miss out on a job, and feel for the long suffering Coventry fans who had to watch their club slowly wrecked by someone only interested in building houses. The removal of assets at Coventry Stadium was an act of vandalism with the sole purpose of bringing about this result.

Everyone has a part to blame. Edited by woz01

Jeremy Heaver, Avtar Sandhu, Mick Horton, Neil Watson

Thanks for all your bullshit-bs-smiley-emoticon.gif from everyone in British Speedway

Best wishes to all the Coventry supporters that will be lost to the sport

• Like 3

Sources have suggested the legal dispute between Brandon Estates and Sandhu has meant a delay in the speedway stadium lease passing onto

Mick Horton as expected, causing further doubt on the future of motorsport on the site. From Coventry Telegraph.

Warwickshire Police are also investigating theft and criminal damage still. Horton and Brandon Estates make no comment. Brandon Estates have said police have asked them not to comment

Jeremy Heaver, Avtar Sandhu, Mick Horton, Neil Watson

Thanks for all your bullrubbish-bs-smiley-emoticon.gif from everyone in British Speedway

Best wishes to all the Coventry supporters that will be lost to the sport

And Brandon Estates who have delayed it all (on purpose?) by getting police involved when not entirely necessary

• Like 1

Does seem strange it can take so long for legal professionals to look at the contract document and see who is the rightful owner of the things taken.

Of course I feel for fellow Coventry fans but also Councillor Stokes who put so much time and effort into trying to save the bees. The more you look at it you don't know who to trust, the only people who have come out with hard facts so far is Sandhu/Heaver regarding the contract agreement pulled by Horton and putting fixtures and fittings back into the stadium. Big statements to make and if it has all gone pear shaped then I think and expect some facts/evidence will eventually come out and see who was actually telling the truth.

If Horton has told the riders to find a new club, why hasn't he had the decency to inform the long suffering fans that its all over ? Has somebody cut Watsons strings ?

• Like 3

Does seem strange it can take so long for legal professionals to look at the contract document and see who is the rightful owner of the things taken.

Of course I feel for fellow Coventry fans but also Councillor Stokes who put so much time and effort into trying to save the bees. The more you look at it you don't know who to trust, the only people who have come out with hard facts so far is Sandhu/Heaver regarding the contract agreement pulled by Horton and putting fixtures and fittings back into the stadium. Big statements to make and if it has all gone pear shaped then I think and expect some facts/evidence will eventually come out and see who was actually telling the truth.

Well their version of the 'facts' to give their position a bit of a media spin!!

I can't see any reason for Horton or any other promoter in a similar position, to sign the new lease because he doesn't know what he'll be leasing until Brandon, Sandhu and the Police have sorted out the ownership (and damage caused by removal) of the fixtures and fittings!

If the BSPA are 'forcing' the issue due to fixture planning etc - even if they've extended the time limit for the Bees to declare - then if true its no surprise that riders are looking elsewhere.

What a load of crap I've heard this I've heard that if it's true there will be an announcement this furum gets worse .I heard the shale is still on the center of the track and that Coventry are riding next season take your pick

Wouldn't it be funny if Sandhu's stox meetings now got contunuously disrupted by Coventry fans.

Not that I would condone this in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

Oh no, the one thing that does make sense is this bit!

Well their version of the 'facts' to give their position a bit of a media spin!!

I can't see any reason for Horton or any other promoter in a similar position, to sign the new lease because he doesn't know what he'll be leasing until Brandon, Sandhu and the Police have sorted out the ownership (and damage caused by removal) of the fixtures and fittings!

If the BSPA are 'forcing' the issue due to fixture planning etc - even if they've extended the time limit for the Bees to declare - then if true its no surprise that riders are looking elsewhere.

Yep there is no way anyone would sign a lease on something that isn't fit for purpose. Edited by woz01

I am sorry to say that I have heard from a reliable source that the Coventry riders have in the past 48 hours been told by Mick Horton to start looking for a new job.

Maybe Neil Watson can do the decent and correct thing and either CONFIRM or DENY this?

And before anyone starts to defend Coventry Speedway's stance on staying silent (which seems to be only with the fans in this case), I do not see how this would interfere with any legal technicalities if still ongoing.

Is your source the stirring reporter Mr Gilbert?

This jchapman not another alias of Gater1 is he.He and his many aliases have been very quite lately

Edited by kingbee