British Speedway Forum

Is your source the stirring reporter Mr Gilbert?

This jchapman not another alias of Gater1 is he.He and his many aliases have been very quite lately

Unfortunately for you he is not. He is the son of the bspa chairman Buster Chapman. I believe you can take his information as 100% correct.

• Like 4

Mick Horton, Avtar Sandhu, Jeremy Heaver, Neil Watson.

On behalf on every supporter of Coventry Bees, thank you for feeding us bullrubbish for the past three months. I cannot believe I have had to sit and watch my club be completely torn apart and die a slow and painful death. A club full of rich history and dignity and you pair of twonks have reduced that, and the reputation, to dust.

Coventry won't be remembered for the glory years, they won't be remembered for the treble winning year of 2007. Instead, they will be remembered because of a stadium being trashed and a promotor that couldn't even give us a word. Hiding your head in sand in circumstances like this and leaving your supporters in limbo for months is a disgrace.

R.I.P Coventry Bees, thank you for all the great memories you have given me.

• Like 8

Unfortunately for you he is not. He is the son of the bspa chairman Buster Chapman. I believe you can take his information as 100% correct.

you are spot on with that post .

Not forgetting the former co-promoter at Kings Lynn and former BSPA Management Committee member (2011 or so) and the employer of the dodgiest electricians around the Norfolk Area too (pre-visit of the Brummies in 2010) to add to his CV too.

• Like 1

I have never witnessed such a shocking performance of a speedway promoter sticking his head in the sand. Whilst hands can be tied as to what is said in the public arena, club statements can still be issued to keep the beleaguered club's fans up to date on proceedings without giving much away.

The silence eminating from Mick Horton is deafening. I can't blame Neil Watson as he is an employee of Hortons. Wrong place at the wrong time for Neil. Bet he wished he was anywhere else at this time. But the dreadful way this has panned out for the fans has wrecked the name of the club and all its past history. The fans have been treated with utter contempt.

Not answering the phone or returning the local newspapers calls is amateurish in the extreme. What is he frightened of? The truth getting out? Is he happy for the truth to come out in dribs and drabs as then he doesn't have to do it himself?

Gutless.

• Like 7

I have never witnessed such a shocking performance of a speedway promoter sticking his head in the sand. Whilst hands can be tied as to what is said in the public arena, club statements can still be issued to keep the beleaguered club's fans up to date on proceedings...

Where does this leave Buster Chapman and the denizens of the BSPA Press and PR conglomorate? All we had was a tweet the other day saying "stick around, more information later". Is a tweet of less than 155 characters all that the fans of Coventry Speedway are worth to the sport?

• Like 2

I have never witnessed such a shocking performance of a speedway promoter sticking his head in the sand. Whilst hands can be tied as to what is said in the public arena, club statements can still be issued to keep the beleaguered club's fans up to date on proceedings without giving much away.

The silence eminating from Mick Horton is deafening. I can't blame Neil Watson as he is an employee of Hortons. Wrong place at the wrong time for Neil. Bet he wished he was anywhere else at this time. But the dreadful way this has panned out for the fans has wrecked the name of the club and all its past history. The fans have been treated with utter contempt.

Not answering the phone or returning the local newspapers calls is amateurish in the extreme. What is he frightened of? The truth getting out? Is he happy for the truth to come out in dribs and drabs as then he doesn't have to do it himself?

Gutless.

I think when it does come out we might understand the need of total silence from him.

Also been told the riders will be released from their contracts tonight unless something drastic happens.

Edited by woz01

Where does this leave Buster Chapman and the denizens of the BSPA Press and PR conglomorate? All we had was a tweet the other day saying "stick around, more information later". Is a tweet of less than 155 characters all that the fans of Coventry Speedway are worth to the sport?

Not sure what you would have thought the bspa could have done here. Clubs are like franchises. The bspa can only report what they are told. If Horton told the bspa to stick around, and there would be more info later, thats all they knew.

• Like 1

That is true but we have no lines of communication so it did not come from him, hence why I asked Watson to confirm or deny.

Not forgetting the former co-promoter at Kings Lynn and former BSPA Management Committee member (2011 or so) and the employer of the dodgiest electricians around the Norfolk Area too (pre-visit of the Brummies in 2010) to add to his CV too.

I was on holiday that week, I have a stamp in my passport to prove it!

I think this leaves fans realising the 'open door policy' was BS and that nothing has changed in terms of PR at the head towers.

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 1

That is true but we have no lines of communication so it did not come from him, hence why I asked Watson to confirm or deny.

I was on holiday that week, I have a stamp in my passport to prove it!

I think this leaves fans realising the 'open door policy' was BS and that nothing has changed in terms of PR at the head towers.

Discusting lines of comunication from the head honcho's at Coventry .. not. I feel very sorry for the Coventry fans who were left in the lurch and fed dung..

Mr Watson i know that you cannot write a comment on this forum re whats going on at the club but i am going to write a comment if you press like it would put the riders moving on rumours to bed.

The rumour that riders have been told to look for another job is B/S.

Edited by B.V 72

What a load of crap I've heard this I've heard that if it's true there will be an announcement this furum gets worse .I heard the shale is still on the center of the track and that Coventry are riding next season take your pick

You've heard you've heard, you don't know for sure and to me you are purely guessing..

You've heard you've heard, you don't know for sure and to me you are purely guessing..

if you had a brain you would realise that is what I am saying everyone is guessing
  • Like 2

Oh do shut up, you moron!

One of these days someone will put you on your arse and it won't be a moment too soon!

• Like 9

BIG NEWS!

The latest Tweet on the BSPA web site, from no more than 25 minutes ago...

"EXACTLY ONE WEEK TO GO until 'Question Time with Keith Chapman' goes live on our Facebook page! Get your questions in! #askkeith"

Because that's all that matters today, isn't it?

• Like 3