British Speedway Forum

What does Horton have to gain by saying everything is still going ahead and that he's trying to fix thing if he's given up? If he wanted to give up it would be very easy for him. I don't understand the idea of him lying here.

His latest statement gives no assurance things are going ahead only that riders contracts have not been cancelled. That was never the claim anyway.

• Like 1

His latest statement gives no assurance things are going ahead only that riders contracts have not been cancelled. That was never the claim anyway.

You haven't answered the question though, as to what would be the point of Mick Horton stringing everyone along. Can't see what he would/is he gaining from it.

• Like 1

You haven't answered the question though, as to what would be the point of Mick Horton stringing everyone along. Can't see what he would/is he gaining from it.

I was making a statement not answering a question.

It doesn't ONLY SAY that - read it again, it says more . . .

"I AM fully aware of how tough recent months have been for everyone connected to Coventry Speedway.

I do apologise for not being able to provide regular updates on the club’s position, which continues to be a delicate one.

What I can assure supporters is that all parties are continuing to talk, and naturally we are all hopeful of a positive conclusion.

I am aware of rumours which have circulated stating that our riders have been released; this is absolutely not the case, and I would like to place on record my thanks to them for their understanding.

I would also like to thank the BSPA for their continued support given the difficult circumstances, and we will endeavour to update everyone further as soon as there is more clarity to the situation."

"I AM fully aware of how tough recent months have been for everyone connected to Coventry Speedway.

I do apologise for not being able to provide regular updates on the club’s position, which continues to be a delicate one.

What I can assure supporters is that all parties are continuing to talk, and naturally we are all hopeful of a positive conclusion.

I am aware of rumours which have circulated stating that our riders have been released; this is absolutely not the case, and I would like to place on record my thanks to them for their understanding.

I would also like to thank the BSPA for their continued support given the difficult circumstances, and we will endeavour to update everyone further as soon as there is more clarity to the situation."

Have it your own way!!

Edited by wealdstone

You can read it as many times as you want. But there's nothing cut and dried..

What does Horton have to gain by saying everything is still going ahead and that he's trying to fix thing if he's given up? If he wanted to give up it would be very easy for him. I don't understand the idea of him lying here.

No neither do I, but there you go.....

Could the Bees race Sunday afternoons? Would not need floodlights then. Be a problem for Bjerre I guess.

Be a bigger problem for Coventry, no chance of play off Kenny giving up Poland....

• Like 1

And every other team would be missing a couple of riders. Definately a no go.

Buster Chapman was on local radio tonight. Says the BSPA are optimistic of the Bees racing this year. Small steps but progress being made. They have until Friday to confirm.

Buster Chapman was on local radio tonight. Says the BSPA are optimistic of the Bees racing this year. Small steps but progress being made. They have until Friday to confirm.

Fingers crossed, but I can't see it myself, hope I'm wrong though.

• Like 1

Sincerely hope you do race this year. Top league speedway in this country needs to have a bees team taking part.

• Like 2

Maybe because he can't give assurances. All he can do is tell us how things stand. Imagine he told us, "yes, everything is sorted" then it turns out it's not? We'd all him a liar.

Fingers crossed it's all go for the Bees this year. As expected work still going on to make it happen which is no more than anyone should expect.

• Like 1