British Speedway Forum

I'll go back to what I said a few weeks ago - and my 'apparent' conspiracy theory.

Horton is probably in Sandhu's pocket; and there was never any intent to run in 2017.

The quicker Speedway at Brandon ceased, the faster Sandhu can progress with his housing plans. And with the Coventry Bees extinct, the less responsibility Sandhu will have of finding an alternative venue - something else that ha can 'move on' from. Think about it folks.

Brown envelopes always have, and (unfortunately) probably always will, dictate proceedings.

This has been a set-up for months. It stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Truly feel for all genuine Coventry Bees Supporters that have been put through so much uncertainty and false hope.

Sandhu and Horton - two despicable excuses for human-beings.

• Like 6

I feel for the Bees fans but for them to fully trust Horton and Sandhu to keep there club alive was. Very silly, the bees supporters club could and should of worked to gain control of the club. There are several fans owned football clubs ,a fans owned clubs future is down to the fans. Maybe this could be a way forward for some speedway clubs.

Let's hope there is a saviour for the bees 🐝

Edited by robert72
  • Like 1

I'll go back to what I said a few weeks ago - and my 'apparent' conspiracy theory.

Horton is probably in Sandhu's pocket; and there was never any intent to run in 2017.

The quicker Speedway at Brandon ceased, the faster Sandhu can progress with his housing plans. And with the Coventry Bees extinct, the less responsibility Sandhu will have of finding an alternative venue - something else that ha can 'move on' from. Think about it folks.

Brown envelopes always have, and (unfortunately) probably always will, dictate proceedings.

This has been a set-up for months. It stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Truly feel for all genuine Coventry Bees Supporters that have been put through so much uncertainty and false hope.

Sandhu and Horton - two despicable excuses for human-beings.

Exactly my thinking when news broke that the stadium was being stripped, unfortunately it looks like you are spot on in your theory.

I do hope Friday turns out good for Coventry speedway (looks a bit bleak at the moment though)

Good luck to Coventry and I hope they get some good news and carry on , it would be a shame to lose them with such circumstances that have been going on behind the scenes, and now a word for Mick Horton , if you find yourself out on your ar5e at Coventry when the dust has settled please don't try and worm your way back to the showground, we' don't want you back.

• Like 3

Bigger picture time, which is that there are fans up and down the country, in all 3 leagues patiently waiting to book time off work, sort out their holiday and travel arrangement, book hotels etc, much of which will hang on what their team is doing, where and when.

Whilst I have every sympathy for other fans who are awaiting the outcome does anyone these days really sort out travel arrangements, books hotels etc. purely on the basis of where their team is riding and when because even when it comes out, if it's anything like last season, the fixture list is always being altered? Why does it affect 3 leagues anyway? :unsure:

• Like 1

Whilst I have every sympathy for other fans who are awaiting the outcome does anyone these days really sort out travel arrangements, books hotels etc. purely on the basis of where their team is riding and when because even when it comes out, if it's anything like last season, the fixture list is always being altered? Why does it affect 3 leagues anyway? :unsure:

Some people like to plan a few days of speedway over 2, or 3 leagues I guess, not just follow one team?

Edited by Shads

As Shads has said, some people do their own little speedway tours, or they book their holidays to avoid home matches etc. Of course things change but what else is a fan supposed to do? And when it comes to booking time off work, the sooner you do it the less the chance of a colleague having nabbed the date first and you not being granted the time you want.

Coventry's situation has an impact on the top and bottom leagues but no-one in the middle league is getting their fixtures either. Is that fair on them?

• Like 1

Fixtures are due to be released at the end of the month, that hasn't changed.

• Like 1

This whole scenario has an air of unrealisium about it and the events are not really happening..... Surely a iconic Speedway Club of 50 yrs standing, is not going to be destroyed by some petty pinching individual who wants his penneth of corn.

Surely the club is worth more than this........

To be fair to the BSPA it must be a logistical nightmare planning in fixtures..

Poland, Sweden and Denmark use many of the same riders used over here and then you have the myriad of GP, GP qualifying, SEC, SEC qualifying, Best Pairs events and then a host of Nations running their own championships often over several rounds..

Add that to the fact that most tracks will have a large amount of their riders as Double Uppers, (and some Triple Uppers) it certainly becomes a nightmare..

The bottom line of course is their are too many teams and not enough riders, yet the BSPA still run with septets meaning D/Us are essential just to get the team assembled..

Sadly, another season of credibility sapping weekly guest replacements ahead I would imagine as Speedway does its own version of the 'Chuckle Brothers' over riders, "To you, to me, To you, to me"...

• Like 1

This whole scenario has an air of unrealisium about it and the events are not really happening..... Surely a iconic Speedway Club of 50 yrs standing, is not going to be destroyed by some petty pinching individual who wants his penneth of corn.

50 years?

Far more to it than one man. Unfortunately the other 2 parties involved (both might be the same people) are both likely to gain financially from houses on the site. Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

My view is that Simon Gilbert has not helped with his recent articles in the Coventry Telegraph, compulsory purchase by Rugby Council on 10th January, most likely to have angered Brandon Estates whoever they are, and today he reports Coventry Speedway unlikely to agree a track deal, quoting a Lawyer for Brandon Estates. He uses the words unlikely in his headline and quotes the lease deal is now dead in the body of the article. Both articles are totally unhelpful as long as talks are continuing.

From my perspective the original agreement for the lease would no longer apply when the fixtures and fittings had been removed / damaged. Who can blame Mick Horton for not trying to renegotiate, or come to some agreement with Sandhu and Brandon Estates. I remain hopeful of a positive outcome until I hear otherwise from those directly involved.

From dealing with Simon Gilbert, plus reading some of his pieces on the plight of the Football club, Im not surprised, they are not proper journalists now, its effectively click bait. No doubt there will soon be 5 things to do on a friday night, type article soon enough.

Do you really think he's ever had any intention of doing that? I'll do a lap of the Brandon track in my mobility scooter just wearing my knickers if we come to the tapes in March. :lol:

I reckon this could get the biggest crowd of the last 20 years there Gem

• Like 2

Do you really think he's ever had any intention of doing that? I'll do a lap of the Brandon track in my mobility scooter just wearing my knickers if we come to the tapes in March. :lol:

I hope you are going to stick to this Gem as there will be uproar if you don't do it and we have to use a guest or RR!! ;)

• Like 3