British Speedway Forum

I reckon this could get the biggest crowd of the last 20 years there Gem

Corporation buses will run from Wheatley Street, special trains to Brandon & Wolston

I hope you are going to stick to this Gem as there will be uproar if you don't do it and we have to use a guest or RR!! ;)

Not if Sophie Nicholls is the guest!

• Like 3

I hope you are going to stick to this Gem as there will be uproar if you don't do it and we have to use a guest or RR!! ;)

Can somebody periscope it?

• Like 2

Sooner have Sophie blake. Sophie Nicholls don't sound right all joking aside let's hope the bee's come to the tapes in march

As Shads has said, some people do their own little speedway tours, or they book their holidays to avoid home matches etc. Of course things change but what else is a fan supposed to do? And when it comes to booking time off work, the sooner you do it the less the chance of a colleague having nabbed the date first and you not being granted the time you want.

Coventry's situation has an impact on the top and bottom leagues but no-one in the middle league is getting their fixtures either. Is that fair on them?

All the clubs in the top 2 leagues have had their draft fixtures for a few weeks now - in order to check rider availability/clashes etc and suggest fixture changes. End Jan was always stated as when the fixtures would be made public - obviously the Coventry situation has complicated it even though BV and Leicester fixtures were included in the draft.

I'll go back to what I said a few weeks ago - and my 'apparent' conspiracy theory.

Horton is probably in Sandhu's pocket; and there was never any intent to run in 2017.

The quicker Speedway at Brandon ceased, the faster Sandhu can progress with his housing plans. And with the Coventry Bees extinct, the less responsibility Sandhu will have of finding an alternative venue - something else that ha can 'move on' from. Think about it folks.

Brown envelopes always have, and (unfortunately) probably always will, dictate proceedings.

This has been a set-up for months. It stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Truly feel for all genuine Coventry Bees Supporters that have been put through so much uncertainty and false hope.

Sandhu and Horton - two despicable excuses for human-beings.

That makes no sense. If Sandhu/Brandon estates wanted the speedway out they could have just said so from the start. Why all this convoluted mess and involving the police?

In the end Sandhu will get his way, and good luck to the guy, just feel sorry for the fans of whichever Club Horton ends up at next.

Edited by Lord Skid

That makes no sense. If Sandhu/Brandon estates wanted the speedway out they could have just said so from the start. Why all this convoluted mess and involving the police?

Do we know for certain the police are actually involved? I wouldn't be surprised if they wasnt.

• Like 1

many "thanks" to Mick Horton or is it Colin, as I'm sure both have never been seen in the same room together but both names intent on closing down speedway in the UK. Unfortunately was hood winked last Friday with his message giving a glimmer of hope - but alas should have realised that was just another piece of bull rubbishe. Hopefully sometime in life the Mr Horton(s) or is it just the one after all ? justice will prevail !!!

Obviously the censors got involved and the word rubbishe was a phrase used to describe excrement and that in itself to modest a word to describe Horton(s)

You need to realise that without Sandhu, Coventry speedway would have been dead and buried many years ago. I reckon without Horton there could still hope. Imo Sandhu and Heaver want Stox - as another poster has suggested Jim Lynch as promoter/manager plus being the messiah. this means as far as speedway/stox goes, job done. We ain't gotta start racing in March - mid April will do, as getting through to pay-offs / finals takes us to end Sept / early October so plenty of activity. (Trying to show some positivity here so please don't be too harsh in negative responses !!!)

Happy Days (I hope !)

And you need to realise without Sandhu . Coventry speedway would have continued to run under Ochiltrees . they didn't want to leave in the first place and only let the lying thief in because they thought he was genuinely interested in speedway and would invest , he made no secret about driving them out and also revealed his true intention was to build on the stadium ,

Edited by speedibee
  • Like 1

I agree with SCB.

Why go to the lengths of signing rioders etc. Both sides had the perfect get out at the end of last season.

They could've walked away saying they couldn't agree a deal and that wouldve been that. Something is going on, i just cant work out what it is

• Like 4

Right so Sandhu exhausts all legitimate ways to build on the stadium , and runs into problems with protests which have the backing of the council and MPs and more importantly the local residents , whats his next move , remove all the fixtures he claims he owns and vandalise the stadium as the new leaseholder is about to sign , New leaseholder wont sign (would you ? ) to take on a stadium not fit for purpose , Starting to look a bit Cradleyesque here isn't it ?,still needs to look squeaky clean if he's gonna have a half a chance to gain planning , Oh not me residents ,fans ,councillors , MP,s it was all beyond my control is what he wants to portray , escalate the confusion by calling the Police on himself .( you call them you can call them off ) clocks ticking towards another season , eventually everyone trying to continue use of the stadium for it's intended purpose gives up . Sandhu looks squeaky clean ,Mick Horton looks like the bad man . Then Sandhu leaves the gates open for the gyppos to move in , and some petrol and matches lying around ,Now we are looking at Long Eaton , and the residents council and MPs all agree that rather than the eyesore Sandhu has created housing would be better . game over

Edited by speedibee
  • Like 5

Seems to me they want Horton out of the way which is now likely to happen. Will they run speedway with Horton out of the way or just run Stox if they get the stadium back in working order? Not sure that'll be viable?

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

And you need to realise without Sandhu . Coventry speedway would have continued to run under Ochiltrees . they didn't want to leave in the first place and only let the lying thief in because they thought he was genuinely interested in speedway and would invest , he made no secret about driving them out and also revealed his true intention was to build on the stadium ,

It wouldn't have continued under the Ochiltree because Martin and the old lady wanted out he was a stock car man not speedway like his old man but he should have sold to John Harry but Martin didn't want that

It wouldn't have continued under the Ochiltree because Martin and the old lady wanted out he was a stock car man not speedway like his old man but he should have sold to John Harry but Martin didn't want that

Whatever .is your perception of the exit of the Ochiltrees your'e welcome to . mine is based on reading Sandhu's own words that he drove them out .so that he had a clear run to build on the place ,which he thought at the time would be a walk in the park , he even admits in the same article ,that having bought the place for housing and having been frustrated by the difficulties of getting planning ( some of which were put in place by Charles O himself ), he had no choice other than to try and make a go of it as a sports stadium .

As Shads has said, some people do their own little speedway tours, or they book their holidays to avoid home matches etc. Of course things change but what else is a fan supposed to do? And when it comes to booking time off work, the sooner you do it the less the chance of a colleague having nabbed the date first and you not being granted the time you want.

Coventry's situation has an impact on the top and bottom leagues but no-one in the middle league is getting their fixtures either. Is that fair on them?

Okay fair enough and I realise now how it could involve 3 leagues. I don't have that problem these days but in the past we have booked a week's holiday in Dorset when the Bees were riding there and the fixture then got moved to another week so after that I just took pot luck.

I don't think I'll even get the chance somehow but I've got Anne Widdecombe on standby just in case.

Can somebody periscope it?

Sorry that's not allowed any more unless Steve Shovlar can smuggle his camera in.

Whatever .is your perception of the exit of the Ochiltrees your'e welcome to .mine is based on reading Sandhu's own words that he drove them out .so that he had a clear run to build on the place ,which he thought at the time would be a walk in the park , he even admits in the same article ,that having bought the place for housing and having been frustrated by the difficulties of getting planning ( some of which were put in place by Charles O himself ), he had no choice other than to try and make a go of it as a sports stadium .

I know you have always said this so you must have read the article somewhere. Can you post the link as it sounds interesting.

• Like 1