British Speedway Forum

If the Coventry team are going to masquerade as a Leicester team then I will not go to watch them at all....

it will all end in tears I'm afraid!

There's always a positive to any negative I suppose

when Wimbledon moved to Eastbourne mid season that was it for me.

and when Wimbledon FC moved to Milton Keynes, no more football for me.

why would Coventry supporters be expected to go to Leicester?

It would be a temporary solution until the current stadium issues get resolved I should imagine.

If the stadium issues can't be resolved then Coventry would be finished from 2018.

If there's hope of a club continuing all avenues should be considered & used.

• Like 1

Clearly the reason Leicesters team has not been announced is because if Coventry don't, the team will relocate to Leicester.

The news that Lawson is not wanted shows that things have moved on out of the public domain. Moving the whole Coventry 1-7 to Leicester makes business sense. Leicester get their team, which would be better than the teams they have had to put up with in recent seasons, and Coventry fans can make the short trip up the road to watch what would effectively have been the same 1-7 they would have supported at Brandon.

Clearly it would not be called Leicester Bees, as Leicester fans would certainly not want that, but it would solve the problem as to where the riders will go and give them employment.

There would be other issues. If Coventry don't run, would the riders registration go over to the BSPA, or would the Coventry promotion be in a position to "loan" them to Leicester. Or, would Horton muscle Dave Darcy out of the way ( or would Darcy move aside) to move the Coventry promotion lock, stock and barrel up the road.

Whatever way its looked at, there's no getting away from the fact that it will be viewed by all speedway fans as a disaster for the sport. Most of all the loss of a speedway club, which given the current circumstances has very little to no chance of returning in future years. The Coventry fans have been treated abysmally throughout this whole sorry escapade.

The silence throughout "delicate nogotiations" makes very little sense. Whilst the public may not be privvy to the ins and outs of every detail, I have never experienced the complete lack of communication between a sports club and its beleaguered supporters.

Negative rumours abounded this morning about the club moving lock stock and barrel to Leicester. I for one hope the rumours turn out to be false and that somehow, at the very last moment, Coventry Speedway can somehow be saved. And I am sure everyone feels the same.

A lot of Coventry fans don't have transport so won't be travelling to Leicester so if speedway is gone from Brandon that would be it

A lot of Coventry fans don't have transport so won't be travelling to Leicester so if speedway is gone from Brandon that would be it

Horton could organise a coach from Brandon for those that don't have a car.

So we've now got until tomorrow according to Chapman.

At least that gives hope a solution is being worked.

For me the Bees need to come to tapes at Brandon. Any other option will see me stay away. Same as when the sky blues went to Northampton for a season.

fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed.

More likely they could fill a car for those who dont have a coach......

when Wimbledon moved to Eastbourne mid season that was it for me.

and when Wimbledon FC moved to Milton Keynes, no more football for me.

why would Coventry supporters be expected to go to Leicester?

They wouldn't. Coventry would be finished at Brandon and Leicester would probably use a few of their riders, which would be an improvement on some of the teams they've had over the last few years. Anyone who wanted to watch some speedway after Brandon's demise would just have to go to their nearest track. In my case it would be Leicester but in others probably Birmingham or Wolverhampton.

• Like 1

Cracks me up reading this thread at times.

The true speedway fans on here all hoping for a solution and that Coventry come to the tapes, as the Coventry Bees, at Brandon

Then you get the Poole duo clogging up the thread , only these 2 could show such stupidity....Leicester Bees.........pillock!

Clear those 2 from speaking on here and let all the rest of us hope that 1 of the 2 biggest clubs in the Uk (no not Poole) come to the tapes somehow

Even if it means sharing with Leicester, for the time being..

Sandhu would probably hijack it; and take away all the seats.
  • Like 2

Sandhu would probably hijack it; and take away all the seats.

Horton would drive, and even with a sat nav he'd get lost.. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

Even if it means sharing with Leicester, for the time being..

How many more times! :rolleyes: It doesn't matter how many times you repeat it 99% of Leicester fans do not want Coventry riding there and 99% of Coventry fans don't want to go there. Ground share does NOT work and the attendance would be abysmal.

• Like 2

How many more times! :rolleyes: It doesn't matter how many times you repeat it 99% of Leicester fans do not want Coventry riding there and 99% of Coventry fans don't want to go there. Ground share does NOT work and the attendance would be abysmal.

I'm afraid he's not intelligent enough to grasp the situation also some people glory in demise all I can say let's hope it all come right in the end
  • Like 2

The vast majority of Coventry fans will not travel to Leicester anyone who thinks so including the promoters or the BSPA are sadly mistaken.

• Like 1

I'm afraid he's not intelligent enough to grasp the situation also some people glory in demise all I can say let's hope it all come right in the end

Is that right Ray. Perhaps you would like to come and have a chat at the next REF function then.. ;)

Then you could lose you club. So whats the best option ?