British Speedway Forum

No he didn't.........he was quoted as saying the Bees COULD start the season at Leicester, and that this is one of a number of options at this moment.

Sadly according to the New Leicester promotion it is Not an option for the Bees to use the Leicester track.

Edited by robert72

Sadly according to the New Leicester promotion it is Not an option for the Bees to use the Leicester track.

Chapman owns the lease the promoter will do has he is told.And the quote actually said he had permission to start the season at Leicester Edited by kingbee

Chapman owns the lease the promoter will do has he is told.And the quote actually said he had permission to start the season at Leicester

If it was to give time for the Bees promotion to get Brandon up to H and S spec after the lease was sorted out, I can't see why that wouldn't work? The Bees temporarily using Leicesters track for the start of the season, why wouldn't it work? Just say for the Bees first 3, maybe 4 home meetings....

And you all have to apologise to Starman as it would mean he was actually right!! :o Bees fans were so adamant it wouldn't happen (and gave Starman grief for continuely mentioning it) and yet looks like it might have to.

• Like 2

If it was only going to be for a few weeks, surely it would make better sense to just ride away meetings at the start of the season, similar to Belle Vue this year.

If Horton has the main lease at Brandon, it amkes sense to run his home meetings there, and then he doesnt have to worry about the cost of sub letting the track at Leicester, and fans potentially not travelling

• Like 2

If it was only going to be for a few weeks, surely it would make better sense to just ride away meetings at the start of the season, similar to Belle Vue this year.

If Horton has the main lease at Brandon, it amkes sense to run his home meetings there, and then he doesnt have to worry about the cost of sub letting the track at Leicester, and fans potentially not travelling

Leicester last week said it wouldn't happen as it would not be good for their business, So has Leicester made an official comment to back Horton claims of the bees starting there?

And you all have to apologise to Starman as it would mean he was actually right!! :o Bees fans were so adamant it wouldn't happen (and gave Starman grief for continuely mentioning it) and yet looks like it might have to.

I don't think anyone thought it was completely off the table especially with certain rumours around, just that it would wouldn't work. It might actually work short term though.

Leicester last week said it wouldn't happen as it would not be good for their business, So has Leicester made an official comment to back Horton claims of the bees starting there?

You might find Leicester have a new promoter/owner soon. Edited by woz01

I don't think anyone thought it was completely off the table especially with certain rumours around, just that it wouldn't work.

You might find Leicester have a new promoter/owner soon.

Darcy/Chapman have already spoken in last weeks SS

The problem is we have no guarantee that Brandon will ever be ready. It can be dangerous having to catch up on fixtures especially with our weather!

Darcy/Chapman have already spoken in last weeks SS

That was last week. Buster might not be the owner quite soon. He said himself he was looking to move the club to someone else.

... He said himself he was looking to move the club to someone else.

Quite the power broker isn't he?

Buster should start a new company, maybe call it "Speedway-Match.com" where speedway clubs and potential promoters can meet. He's done Belle Vue, he's doing Leicester and Birmingham could be a customer by the end of the year.

• Like 1

I find the criticism of Buster Chapman and/or the BSPA a bit odd, IMO the BSPA have been more than lenient with Coventry and those trying to see speedway continue there. But there has to be a time when a decision must be made, I thought that would be last Friday but here we are Monday evening without any definite news.

• Like 2

Hes a bloody saviour. Cant believe some of the posts on here!

Good luck Bees!

So if mildenhal would have folded that mid season do you think they would still be running now? with the noise complaints and everything else that was going on there at a similar time. If buster hadn't got involved with Leicester would that have been alive now? before the AGM what would their intentions have looked like. I think Belle Vue would possibly have still been running but who knows.

Wagstaff almost deleted us in 2002/2003 time and buster saved us.

The coventry/peterborough thing was 2 teams playing up because team building rules didn't go there way. If Lynn hadn't stepped up at that time then 2 teams were prepared to drag the sport in even deeper mud than it is now.

This situation now is because a stadium was sold to a man who had other interests than sport in mind. Then sold on to a developer.

The coventry fans don't deserve this situation at all because be it this year, next year or the year after greed £££ is going to end up as the winner and it makes me sick!

Like there isn't enough empty fields elsewhere to build houses on. sucks

• Like 4

Lets be honest, Chapman is half the reason we're in this mess. When we had trouble in 2010/2011 Chapman took his pot of gold from the BSPA to move up from the PL to the EL keeping the numbers and basically not giving a crap about Coventry and Peterborough surving. All the crap going off now stems back to the 2010/2011 debacle.

This is the same Buster Chapman who bought Mildenhall from Mick Horton, stripped the assets and dumped the club. Yet somehow it's Mick who gets crap for trying to kill Mildenhall.

So Chapman has left Mildenhall, Peterborough and Coventry for dead in the past. Sorry but I don't like the guy.

Spot on post. How co-incidental the 2 Clubs that took the pot of gold, are now owned by Chapman.
  • Like 3

For heaven's sake don't start him off again. :P All it is at the moment is yet another rumour and I'm more inclined to believe that it will only be Leicester riding at Beaumont Park but probably with a few of the Coventry riders. I'm sure we'll get an actual statement eventually. Wake me up when we do as I'm bored stiff. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 4