British Speedway Forum

I've just emailed Rugby MP Mark Pawsey to ask his view and if he is involved, considering he spoke at the "All Party Parliamentary Group for Motorcycle Speedway Annual Reception" he knows his speedway....

I think that on Friday, the day of the deadline something has happened, I believe Coventry wouldn't have came to the the tapes if the announcement was made on Friday, That's the only reason I can see that there hasn't been a firm announcement yet, people saying that the BSPA don't care etc is wrong imo, if it's dead in the water it would have been out by now surely, hopefully there are still parties going on behind the scenes trying to get Coventry and Leicester to the tapes come the start of the season, I understand the frustration of both sets of supporters but maybe just maybe no news is good news.

• Like 4

... hopefully there are still parties going on behind the scenes trying to get Coventry and Leicester to the tapes come the start of the season,...

Yeah... :shock:

Crowd-of-young-people-having-a-New-Years

It's odd how a sport can go from a passion to just something you enjoy.

Maybe as mentioned before the stox will look for an alternative area of the country. Does make you think had Horton agreed to the deal with the stox, would something else have happened to stop us being at Brandon.

wake me when the nightmare is over

It wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference if Horton agreed with Sandhu or not. Brandon Estates quite obviously don't want Sandhu operating at Brandon.

I really do not see that the situation is any more clear than it ever has been.

I really do not see that the situation is any more clear than it ever has been.

nor do I

abbo, on 24 Jan 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

I forecast if the rumours are truss do "Bees" ride at Leicester as their home they will fail within three months suggest that investing in season tickets would NOT be a wise move. I fact they weren't last season people lost money. I had subscribed for 10 years before that but could see the way we were going. Proof of the pudding is the eating I.e. Latest news that they want to turn Brandon into a carl park. Binley Wood citizens will react to this weshould be totally behind them with full support from Speedway/Stock car fraternity. We still don't know who is the major party for the sad situation responsible for major blame but it seems to be the owners of the land they wasted no time in advertising their massive car park. Shame on all participants City of culture with this shambles and that of Sisu/Cov ityFc makes mockery of Coventry's ambition.

City of Culture ??? A London Rugby team , a football club without a ground , a speedway team without a track , only one venue in the City to see a band that only holds approx. 1000 !!!! ..

I forecast if the rumours are truss do "Bees" ride at Leicester as their home they will fail within three months suggest that investing in season tickets would NOT be a wise move. I fact they weren't last season people lost money. I had subscribed for 10 years before that but could see the way we were going. Proof of the pudding is the eating I.e. Latest news that they want to turn Brandon into a carl park. Binley Wood citizens will react to this weshould be totally behind them with full support from Speedway/Stock car fraternity. We still don't know who is the major party for the sad situation responsible for major blame but it seems to be the owners of the land they wasted no time in advertising their massive car park. Shame on all participants City of culture with this shambles and that of Sisu/Cov ityFc makes mockery of Coventry's ambition.

I see that Brandon Estates have this morning dismissed rumours about the stadium and car park being turned into a car lot.

City of Culture ??? A London Rugby team , a football club without a ground , a speedway team without a track , only one venue in the City to see a band that only holds approx. 1000 !!!! ..

I was in Coventry the other week & said to a bloke "excuse me, is there a B&Q in Coventry?" He said "no you thick t**t, it's C.O.V....".

• Like 2

Id move to Dorset then.. :D

Erm not sure that's quite right about music gigs. I've seen gigs at Ricoh Arena bowl, Ericsson exhibition hall, The Empire and at Warwick Arts Centre in the last 2 years. Also Wasps haven't been based in London for years.

Edited to add Godiva Festival too.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

woz01, on 24 Jan 2017 - 4:22 PM, said:

Erm not sure that's quite right about music gigs. I've seen gigs at Ricoh Arena bowl, Ericsson exhibition hall, The Empire and at Warwick Arts Centre in the last 2 years.

True I stand corrected .. Forgot about the old Jag Hall .. saw the Buzzcocks & the Bunnymen there ..

True I stand corrected .. Forgot about the old Jag Hall .. saw the Buzzcocks & the Bunnymen there ..

After the Wasps game that was, I couldn't make the gig!

Edited by woz01