British Speedway Forum

I would like to ask a question. If this saga had been about Buxton, or say Stoke, would the BSPA have let them have numerous deadlines without a decision coming? I think not. This is why Speedway discredits itself. I don't support Coventry but wouldn't want to see them close, but why is this being allowed to drag on and on. It isn't just affecting one club, but 3 and all the Supporters. How can a fixture list be produced with every club having TBC on it against certain meetings. Season Tickets cannot be brought without knowing how many meetings there will be. I am one of those people who need to give work plenty of notice for time off, but can't do it because I don't know if the fixture will be going ahead. Rainoffs are part and parcel of Speedway, but the present scenario is a joke. Coventry need to step aside for one season and let the other clubs get on with promoting their product. The Coventry Supporters club and all their fans(and other Speedway Supporters) need to pressurise the council to find a suitable piece of land to rebuild the club. The council owes them this because they have known for a long time this would happen and have done nothing to help. Coventry sharing at Leicester will not work. The Supporters have already said they won't go, so how long can the promotion fund the club before they run up massive debts and go bankrupt. My views are probably a bit strong and many won't agree, but a lot more will

Yes that's one of them ,

The other is ' Tom Horn ' I think ?

Equally annoying :)

I guess you mean Tom Hark, probably The Piranhas version.

• Like 2

I guess you mean Tom Hark, probably The Piranhas version.

That's the one !!!

It's a total lack of respect of the loyal fans.

Hearing the bees move to BP is down to DH agreeing and not down to the Leicester promotion who don't want Coventry there.

Not sure that's true!

• Like 2

It's a total lack of respect of the loyal fans.

Mate they are not interested in loyalty.

Not sure that's true!

DH owns the stadium and Leicester have leased it to run Leicester meetings, Not Coventry meetings that's up to the owner of the stadium I heard but I guess someone may announce what's happening before March.

If anybody in the Coventry area fancies a speedway distraction to the events (or non events) happening 'up the road', we have Scottish legends Bert Harkins and Jim McMillan as guests of the NSSC tomorrow night, 26th January, at the Brandon Club (just down the road from the stadium). Tapes up at 8pm.

Everybody welcome, only £3 for non-members and all proceeds to Neil Vatchers' U16 Young Lions.

All details and future guests here; http://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

• Like 1

Tomorrow friday or Saturday The whole thing is a disgrace, how to treat your fans. NOT. :nono:

Well hell just froze over. Starman made a reasonable post!

Given the distress signals the promotion have put out in recent times then nor has anybody else.:

"SCUNTHORPE promoter Rob Godfrey has revealed that the meeting on Bank Holiday Monday, August 31st could be the final-ever Scunthorpe Scorpions’ fixture at the Eddie Wright Raceway, unless there is a telling increase in attendance levels at the North Lincolnshire venue for the rest of the 2015 season."

I assume that was rectified in 2016 and the fans are flooding in now?

In truth I thought there were fewer in 2016 than 2015.

Doesn't affect just how fantastic the racing on Sundays is, though.

• Like 1

Well hell just froze over. Starman made a reasonable post!

Done it before but clearly you don't read them. You only read what you want to read.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

We were told by Buster last Friday that by now we would know what was happening at Coventry by now, and we`re still waiting. One wonders if the BSPA would be so charitable with the amount of time had it another club.

BBCs local Speedway bod, Wayne Roberts, was on tonight. Seems the BSPA are giving it additional time to get sorted. Leicester is the fall back position for the season (at worse) or short term if a Brandon deal is not done in time. He said there's light at the end of the tunnel?

With Bees season not starting at home until April the BSPA are trying to accommodate the team getting back on track ar Brandon.

If this does get sorted we've got Percy Verence to thank, top guy.

• Like 1

BBCs local Speedway bod, Wayne Roberts, was on tonight. Seems the BSPA are giving it additional time to get sorted. Leicester is the fall back position for the season (at worse) or short term if a Brandon deal is not done in time. He said there's light at the end of the tunnel?

With Bees season not starting at home until April the BSPA are trying to accommodate the team getting back on track ar Brandon.

If this does get sorted we've got Percy Verence to thank, top guy.

If that is the case, why not announce that Coventry will be taking their place in the Premiership this season at a venue yet to be decided. That would at least, allay fears that the club is about to fold :/

• Like 1