Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

We were told by Buster last Friday that by now we would know what was happening at Coventry by now, and we`re still waiting. One wonders if the BSPA would be so charitable with the amount of time had it another club.

so - what then - pull the plug or keep talking???

• Like 3

If that is the case, why not announce that Coventry will be taking their place in the Premiership this season at a venue yet to be decided. That would at least, allay fears that the club is about to fold :/

I guess it's still not 100% ? Very delicate negotiations ongoing but some light peering through.

I'm sure they said Horton is on the radio tomorrow? Can't be sure I was driving. Maybe all will be revealed?

In truth I thought there were fewer in 2016 than 2015.

Doesn't affect just how fantastic the racing on Sundays is, though.

That wasn't the point though. It was the overall Sunday entertainment package rather than the racing in isolation. Peterborough delivers well enough on that for 15 minutes, but Sundays are for days out, and that's what the atmosphere feels like. Doesn't compare to evening under lights

That wasn't the point though. It was the overall Sunday entertainment package rather than the racing in isolation. Peterborough delivers well enough on that for 15 minutes, but Sundays are for days out, and that's what the atmosphere feels like. Doesn't compare to evening under lights

with young children I much prefer the Sunday at Peterborough, plenty of space for them to run around and play with their friends, but they still love the speedway, without it being too late at night and them being tired after school

• Like 2

with young children I much prefer the Sunday at Peterborough, plenty of space for them to run around and play with their friends, but they still love the speedway, without it being too late at night and them being tired after school

That's a different argument though unless they're given a free horn and sit near me to grab a breather.

we need to encourage the youngsters, they're all that will keep the sport going in the future

• Like 4

we need to encourage the youngsters, they're all that will keep the sport going in the future

British Speedway will struggle to get over this closed season mess and I just don't see a brighter future for the sport because of the way those involved run it.

How can Leicester,Coventry or Belle Vue attract sponsors,new supporters & sell season tickets ? Also other teams fans buying season tickets is a risk if they all don't start the season or complete it.

I don't think speedway will recover from this winters problems sadly.

Edited by robert72
  • Like 1

British Speedway will struggle to get over this closed season mess and I just don't see a brighter future for the sport because of the way those involved run it.

How can Leicester,Coventry or Belle Vue attract sponsors,new supporters & sell season tickets ? Also other teams fans buying season tickets is a risk if they all don't start the season or complete it.

I don't think speedway will recover from this winters problems sadly.

I give it 5 years

That's not speedway as a whole though is it. That's 3 teams in isolation this season. Leicester and belle vue have long term commitments now too. This isn't speedways problem. This is coventrys. Speedway is rallying round to help Coventry and there is moaning about a lack of news and anti bspa comments (because that's the cool thing to do right). Be grateful that deadlines are being extended and that people are working hard behind the scenes.

It's only a mess right now because of 1 teams in house problems.

For the good of Coventry fans I hope those problems get settled for at least this season. Speedway will move on with or without though. It did after reading and Oxford and Bradford and cradely.

Don't call it speedways mess. Call it your landlords and operators mess

I really hope it gets rectified though for the hardcore that turn up through the toughest of times. No fan deserves to lose its team.

• Like 5

Done it before but clearly you don't read them. You only read what you want to read.. ;)

I love how you reply to a compliment with a line of defensive attack!
  • Like 1

That's not speedway as a whole though is it. That's 3 teams in isolation this season.

So its three teams in isolation this year.

next year lets say two more teams in isolation and so on, how long before these isolated problems mean there is no speedway.

These problems are a problem for the whole of speedway, not just for the three teams

• Like 3

I love how you reply to a compliment with a line of defensive attack!

Think there was a hint of sarcasum in there, dont you.. Or maybe you don't, as you seem to jump to his defence.. :oops:

That's not speedway as a whole though is it. That's 3 teams in isolation this season.

So its three teams in isolation this year.

next year lets say two more teams in isolation and so on, how long before these isolated problems mean there is no speedway.

These problems are a problem for the whole of speedway, not just for the three teams

Well, 4 teams actually. Last time anyone looked, Swindon didn't have a stadium....

4 teams out of 9 facing major difficulties.

Edited by Robert Lee