British Speedway Forum

Only 200 bees fans out of 1000 said they would go to Leicester to support there team if they couldn't use Brandon, thats 1 in 5 which is very poor

Only 200 bees fans out of 1000 said they would go to Leicester to support there team if they couldn't use Brandon, thats 1 in 5 which is very poor

Think some took the survey as a permenant move.

I personally couldn't get to Leicester on a Friday night to watch Coventry.

I live in Coventry & I finish work at 6.30pm and have no transport so there would be no way I could do it.

⏰🔕

I suspect that Coventry Bees fans need to look at Mick Horton as the main cause of the "where are we now" situation. His track record of not getting it right goes back a long way at other tracks. It seems obvious that the Bees are not going to run at Brandon in 2017 - unless they start the season in May or June. Sharing at Leicester is going to be a financial flop unless it's just for a couple of months but even that is likely to prove costly.

True, although temporary hopefully it could be a financial disaster. Gone is financial help from both Brandon estates and stox offer so can you pay the riders and rent etc on attendance that will be reduced from Brandon... no.

Belle vue started late, instead of all the seats and lights why didn't they just dig a hole in turn 3.

There must still be some hope otherwise they would have announced the news nobody wants to hear.

The waiting is awful for the bees fans but all they can do is keep the faith and hope for good news soon.

• Like 1

Last time Horton made an announcement it was in the late evening / early night-time. Expect nothing different this time, unless there's a plane to the USA that he needs to catch.

British Speedway will struggle to get over this closed season mess and I just don't see a brighter future for the sport because of the way those involved run it.

How can Leicester,Coventry or Belle Vue attract sponsors,new supporters & sell season tickets ? Also other teams fans buying season tickets is a risk if they all don't start the season or complete it.

I don't think speedway will recover from this winters problems sadly.

How many said that in 2010 ?

(and by the way that is 7 years ago).

I'd say the problems at this stage of the year were far, far worse then but we're still here. The funny thing is that I'd say they are created at least in part by the same man.

The situation with Belle Vue, Leicester and Coventry is not symptomatic of the sport as a whole and the fact that they are having difficulties at the same time is coincidental, for the simple reason that the principal difficulties are all different. At Belle Vue, it was the losses run up by the promotion. At Leicester, it was just the promotion. At Coventry, the stadium.

As to the BSPA, I have on many occasions been extremely critical of them. This time, however, I totally agree with Tsunami that Buster Chapman has 'played a blinder'.

Belle Vue are running. Confirmation awaiting, but they are. I am not sure of Chapman's role in that but he has definitely played a part. At Leicester, he has almost single handedly saved the speedway team by purchasing the lease to the stadium himself. If he is involved in trying to sort Coventry out I for one am thankful for it and, to me, it defies reason that anyone is being critical of the part he has played.

I suspect that Coventry Bees fans need to look at Mick Horton as the main cause of the "where are we now" situation. His track record of not getting it right goes back a long way at other tracks. It seems obvious that the Bees are not going to run at Brandon in 2017 - unless they start the season in May or June. Sharing at Leicester is going to be a financial flop unless it's just for a couple of months but even that is likely to prove costly.

I think Mick Horton has a case to answer here but, lets face it, it wasn't his workmen that went into Brandon and did so much damage that they made it unfit for purpose.

Had that not happened, Coventry Bees fans would be talking about the new season, not talking about the finish of their team.

• Like 4

the reason sandhu went in and took his stuff , was because of horton , horton thinks he's hitler , sandhu is the one whio has spent money on brandon , not horton so carnt blame him for taking his stuff , i also blame horton for the breakdown in there relationship as many folk tend to fall out with horton over stupid things , mainly financial.... he still owes kenni larsen money

Think some took the survey as a permenant move.

I personally couldn't get to Leicester on a Friday night to watch Coventry.

I live in Coventry & I finish work at 6.30pm and have no transport so there would be no way I could do it.

I couldnt do it when I'm on a Friday day shift.

the reason sandhu went in and took his stuff , was because of horton , horton thinks he's hitler , sandhu is the one whio has spent money on brandon , not horton so carnt blame him for taking his stuff , i also blame horton for the breakdown in there relationship as many folk tend to fall out with horton over stupid things , mainly financial.... he still owes kenni larsen money

This post is completely wrong in all aspects. Sandhu took his stuff because of Brandon Estates not Horton, Horton doesn't own the stadium ffs!

• Like 2

Nobody officially said anything was going to be announced so we just sit back and wait patiently.

The chairman not official enough then? Although he did only say he was 'hopeful' of some news at midday.