British Speedway Forum

I too am sceptical about the move working, however, it has at least given us a chance.

As I'd said before, the cost of leasing the facilities and track, weighed in with a potentially reduced crowd doesn't make sense if it's only a short term measure. I appreciate that they would be running at a loss if they were to ride away meetings only at the start of the year, but they would then make up for it later in the season, with regular crowds at Brandon.

I personally feel that this news isnt yet cause to celebrate. We need a stated plan/timeline on how we'll get back to Brandon, without that, there could be fans that drift away

• Like 2

According to the statement on the BSPA website there is no agreement to go back to Brandon

Horton said: “We had to find a solution which enabled the club to survive whilst the negotiations continue to bring us back to Coventry.

(Taken from BSPA website)

feel sorry for Coventry fans,think it would be short odds regarding Coventry seeing out the season giving what's been going on.Horton is just a wide boy IMO .

• Like 3

The view of of track from anywhere in the stadium at BP is second to none. No matter where you stand you have a great view of the track.

I am stuck in a wheelchair, even I can see no matter where I sit. They even have a dedicated area between the 2 stands for people in wheelchairs, great view, if you don't mind being hit by the shale, but at least there is plenty of shale on the track, I just hope that before the racing starts that the work need on bends 1/2 gets done, it would be a shame to not get it finished. Ok the facilities are a bit lacking, can't for the life of me see when you had a open book to work with, they ended up doing the bare minimum, and sqeezing the stadium into so small a space. I am sure they could have got the council to have given them a few more yards behind where the stands are. Hope to see the Bees fans on the treraces come the start of the season. I can now choose between 2 clubs to follow, just for a short time until you return home, which I think you will.

Our entrance fee went up to £18 last year, the justification bring that it was what Coventry and wolves were charging..... According to DH.

It's simply too expensive and not value for money anymore it should be priced at £10-12 max

• Like 1

It's simply too expensive and not value for money anymore it should be priced at £10-12 max

Speedway is a ten pound sport now, people like me keep paying because we love the sport.When i see families at the speedway when you add it all up getting in buying the kids there treats god it can really be an expensive night out.Needs to be looked at for families to get discounts how many families can afford two meeting's in a week? especially if you follow the football as well.
  • Like 2

Speedway is a ten pound sport now, people like me keep paying because we love the sport.When i see families at the speedway when you add it all up getting in buying the kids there treats god it can really be an expensive night out.Needs to be looked at for families to get discounts how many families can afford two meeting's in a week? especially if you follow the football as well.

i've argued this for years but it needs a cut in machine expenses and foreign travel as well as (unfortunately) paying riders less - the first may happen but the other two....

that wouldn't pay for Doyley's signing on fee. Just so long as you don't expect GP standard meetings for NL admission then fair play. Even non-league football is 20 I believe

• Like 1

NL is priced at that sort of price. If people want to pay that sort of price to watch speedway they can.

Prices go up, never down.

Sid, Im sorry but nothing is 10 quid anymore, too many costs involved. Non league football prob more than that..

that wouldn't pay for Doyley's signing on fee. Just so long as you don't expect GP standard meetings for NL admission then fair play. Even non-league football is 20 I believe

Halifax Town £16.

The view of of track from anywhere in the stadium at BP is second to none. No matter where you stand you have a great view of the track.

I am stuck in a wheelchair, even I can see no matter where I sit. They even have a dedicated area between the 2 stands for people in wheelchairs, great view, if you don't mind being hit by the shale, but at least there is plenty of shale on the track, I just hope that before the racing starts that the work need on bends 1/2 gets done, it would be a shame to not get it finished. Ok the facilities are a bit lacking, can't for the life of me see when you had a open book to work with, they ended up doing the bare minimum, and sqeezing the stadium into so small a space. I am sure highlight they could have got the council to have given them a few more yards behind where the stands are. Hope to see the Bees fans on the treraces come the start of the season. I can now choose between 2 clubs to follow, just for a short time until you return home, which I think you will.

Aside from the track, there's nothing wrong with the stadium at all. Indeed, the quality of the facility only goes to highlight just how much of a shame it is that the shape of the circuit is so poor.

Kids should be free at all tracks and 16-18 year old £5 max. Speedway is one of the cheaper sports now days but I do think they could do better in having some differing offers to get fans in.

Leamington FC which is Southern Premier League (step 7 in the pyramid) is £11.

Kids should be free at all tracks and 16-18 year old £5 max. Speedway is one of the cheaper sports now days but I do think they could do better in having some differing offers to get fans in.

Crazy robin said the same thing, i advised him to write to every premiership club, with his name and address enclosed. Write one copy the rest . But i do feel that clubs could do more at Easter and during the summer holidays..

Edited by Starman2006

I went to southampton v arsenal on Saturday which was excellent value at £15, especially if you are a gunners fan!