British Speedway Forum

I remain very concerned as long as MH is at the helm

• Like 1

I see some of the fixtures changes have begun to be announced!!

Already. Brilliant :D

Hopefully one of them is the Coventry v Belle Vue match on July 31st. Daft idea to have a meeting on that date. Correction ....me bad....21st. I knew it was that but my finger decided to type 3 instead of 2. I've chopped it off now.

On the Coventry website Baz - as this is a Coventry thread!! :wink: Only involving Kings Lynn and Somerset so far

Now our future is clear, we can fine-tune the initial fixtures, including removing the 21st July fixture!

• Like 7

But only in the Premiership. My other half has to pay £35 (for a really bad seat) if he wants to watch his team play away in the Championship at QPR.

Yes - in football it costs more to follow your team in the second tier than the top tier. So it's not only speedway that has some questionable pricing.

In my view each club should be entitled to set its own prices, but perhaps the BSPA should set some minimum requirements on concessionary rates.

Sounds like the fans in the FL need to kick up a stink like the top flight fans did last year. My nephews are Reading fans and they mentioned how daft the pricing is for some of their away days.

I remain very concerned as long as MH is at the helm

well how concerned were you when Sandhu spat the dummy last time and Mick Horton was the only person prepared to step in and save the Bees ?

. How long do you think the queue of people ready to step in and keep the club going now is. my guess is extremely short , but don't let that stop you adding to the problem by pissing off the only person actually trying to keep the club afloat ,despite Sandhu's best attempts to run it into the ground so he can build on it

• Like 7

Now our future is clear, we can fine-tune the initial fixtures, including removing the 21st July fixture!

If the future is clear, presumably we have a date for returning to Brandon?

Until we're back home, I'd suggest the future is anything but clear

• Like 5

From the 29 Jan Press Release:

THE British Speedway Promoters’ Association are pleased to finally confirm Coventry Bees will be racing in the 2017 SGB Premiership.

We have accepted proposals for the team to race on a temporary basis at Leicester’s Beaumont Park for the opening weeks of the season with the ultimate aim of moving back to Coventry during the campaign.

For the avoidance of doubt, both Coventry and Leicester will be racing as separate teams and this is in no way an amalgamation of the two clubs.

The move has been made to keep Coventry on track in very trying circumstances with their former Brandon Stadium home currently unavailable.

However, strenuous efforts will continue to be made to take the team back to the famous site.

Bits in bold would suggest that nothing has actually been resolved, just some more time bought.

Exactly, unless work starts by the time of the first meeting, I feel crowds will soon drop off.

• Like 1

It's a pleasure to come on here and read all the positive posts. :rolleyes: Why not just see how things go as the promoters probably know no more about our chances of returning than we do at the moment. If we don't get back to Brandon by September then that's the end but in the meantime make the most of watching the Bees at Leicester for however long it takes.

I fear that if the Bees aren't back at Brandon by July, there won't be enough money from the Leicester experience to complete the season. Hope & pray that they go back to a re-furbished Brandon, & get the chance to stay there until a new home is found. Will go to watch them at Leicester early in the season, to try & help them keep their head above water, & urge other neutral fans to do the same.

• Like 1

Future clear my arse don't believe a word that comes out of you and Hortons mouth

• Like 1

If everything is OK to go then why is it taking so long make it possible to race at Brandon? If the people involved are being honest then why aren't the lights being installed at the track, shale being delivered and the electrics to the ref's box all being put back right now? As far as I've read so far, that's all that would be needed to allow the Bees to go racing at home again. Forget the seats, the only ones needed are on the riders' bikes!

I feel that there is more to this saga than we are being told and that a certain person isn't being honest and sincere.

Edited by nobblytriers

By the opening meeting we need an exact date to return to Brandon. Failure to do so will result in pitiful crowds at Leicester and the ultimate end of the club. The fear is that is the intention of the management.

well how concerned were you when Sandhu spat the dummy last time and Mick Horton was the only person prepared to step in and save the Bees ?

. How long do you think the queue of people ready to step in and keep the club going now is. my guess is extremely short , but don't let that stop you adding to the problem by pissing off the only person actually trying to keep the club afloat ,despite Sandhu's best attempts to run it into the ground so he can build on it

I sincerely hope your confidence in the supremo( shortly to be re named the messiah) will not turn out to be in vain.

Edited by wealdstone

Hope & pray that they go back to a re-furbished Brandon, & get the chance to stay there until a new home is found.

Hope things do work out for the long term future of the Bees although I think the term "refurbished" is aiming high...think it will be more like a "patched up" Brandon the Bees return to.

I sincerely hope your confidence in the supremo( shortly to be re named the messiah) will not turn out to be in vain.

Truth be told . I'm probably no more confident than you in Mick Horton , however until a viable alternative steps forward he's all we have , but don't hold your breath waiting for speedways Roman Abramovic , Horton has put up with a lot more crap from Sandhu than most would have when you consider the financial risk he's taking running the Bees at all , we the supporters the promoter and the team are under siege from a greedy businessman who cares nothing for anything except profit . and if he's to be defeated we all needd to pull in the same direction . if that under the stewardship of the only man prepared to take it on . so be it because the alternative if conceding to greed and no future for the Bees

If everything is OK to go then why is it taking so long make it possible to race at Brandon? If the people involved are being honest then why aren't the lights being installed at the track, shale being delivered and the electrics to the ref's box all being put back right now? As far as I've read so far, that's all that would be needed to allow the Bees to go racing at home again. Forget the seats, the only ones needed are on the riders' bikes!

I feel that there is more to this saga than we are being told and that a certain person isn't being honest and sincere.

too right . someone is doing all they can to prevent the Bees racing at Brandon . you only need to look at the timing of removing what he claims are his assets to see that in action , he and his greedy ambitions are a formidable enemy though , so steel yourself for a long hard battle

• Like 3