British Speedway Forum

any news on when we expect to be back at Brandon?

or has that gone quite, now people are "happy" with Leicester?

Do you think we'll get back there then?

hey Philfromcov - great post - but you will be chastised big time for questioning such a thing.

Why? I don't suppose the promoters know yet or even if we ever will get back again. Try sending an email to Brandon Estates or Avtar Sandhu as I bet they know.

''Happy?'' -- Errr I think relieved or grateful would be a better choice of words.

Grateful for what exactly?

all winter we have been in limbo and your grateful for a solution that could have been put together in five minuets back in October!

we have no long term solution, just a bodge so the SKY money can keep coming in.

this is why i'm asking about the stadium.

the protests have all gone quite, but now is the time to get more vocal.

lets not kid ourselves we dont have a club/team anymore, unless we have our own stadium, calling them beaumont bees (someone posted this) is not helpful.

unless we get a time scale to get back into the stadium then this is quite obviously the last year, even if we make it to the end of the season!

how many bees fans normally go to Leicester away? id say about 300 (yes i am one) which is what will happen after March, more importantly IF we dont have a return date,

you can see the whats happens Cradley limping from year to year, we need to br loud and vocal about getting back and not pretending all is well

• Like 4

all winter we have been in limbo and your grateful for a solution that could have been put together in five minuets back in October!

we have no long term solution, just a bodge so the SKY money can keep coming in.

lets not kid ourselves we dont have a club/team anymore, unless we have our own stadium, calling them beaumont bees (someone posted this) is not helpful.

unless we get a time scale to get back into the stadium then this is quite obviously the last year, even if we make it to the end of the season!

how many bees fans normally go to Leicester away? id say about 300 (yes i am one) which is what will happen after March, more importantly IF we dont have a return date,

you can see the whats happens Cradley limping from year to year, we need to br loud and vocal about getting back and not pretending all is well

Who would plough a lot of money into making Brandon fit to use again when the future of the stadium is bleak ?

I hope the bees return to Brandon but I just can't see it happening sadly.

Do you mean that Wolfy didn't get the financial support he wanted from the BSPA or the testimonial he clearly thought they would give him,sadly he blew it.

Greg off a bike is another embarrassment and the sooner he retires the better for the sport.

Oh I couldn't agree more can't stand the fake individual.

• Like 2

how is greg fake? he does what all riders do that is look after his own the best he can...all the top riders go where the best deal is nowadays , little loyalty in speedway now

remember ford saying holder/ward would be at poole until they retire.... what happens ward comes back ford doesnt want him or doesnt want to make changes so he goes on loan to swindon, same with holder going on loan to kings lynn

loyalty works both ways from promoters and riders , its cuthroat sometimes and greg no different , promoters are ruthless , so are the top riders

how is greg fake? he does what all riders do that is look after his own the best he can...all the top riders go where the best deal is nowadays , little loyalty in speedway now

remember ford saying holder/ward would be at poole until they retire.... what happens ward comes back ford doesnt want him or doesnt want to make changes so he goes on loan to swindon, same with holder going on loan to kings lynn

loyalty works both ways from promoters and riders , its cuthroat sometimes and greg no different , promoters are ruthless , so are the top riders

thats correct ,and for many years I was a fan of the Grin , but then in this last year through his actions I realised that the grin is just a painted smile and he is a rather mercenary and unsavoury character

would you rather we just gave up , and admitted defeat , perhaps Horton could sell off whats left of the assets , sue Hancock for his transfer fee back and walk away . becuase if a deal hadn't been agreed for this lifeline , we would be extinct now and looking to restart both the team and find somewhere to race . maybe a track share with leicester because that's the alternative to moving and trying to claw our way back in ,

I'm not sure how you read that from PhilfromCov's comments Speedibee, but that isn't what hes saying at all.

I agree with him. We have a lifeline, but now we have to make the most of it. We need a solid plan to either get back to Brandon, or a new stadium, rather than just limping along at Leicester, with crowds dwinling, and then the plug gets pulled due to a lack of finances.

Save Coventry Speedway, should be attempting to put more pressure on all sides to see what the plan is

• Like 3

thats correct ,and for many years I was a fan of the Grin , but then in this last year through his actions I realised that the grin is just a painted smile and he is a rather mercenary and unsavoury character

would you rather we just gave up , and admitted defeat , perhaps Horton could sell off whats left of the assets , sue Hancock for his transfer fee back and walk away . becuase if a deal hadn't been agreed for this lifeline , we would be extinct now and looking to restart both the team and find somewhere to race . maybe a track share with leicester because that's the alternative to moving and trying to claw our way back in ,

like i say a lifline that could have been put together six months ago. its fine that we disagree and i hope your right, but if we dont have a return date to the coventry area then we are dead in the water and one final season at Leicester, well id rather keep my memories than see a final season there

I'm not sure how you read that from PhilfromCov's comments Speedibee, but that isn't what hes saying at all.

I agree with him. We have a lifeline, but now we have to make the most of it. We need a solid plan to either get back to Brandon, or a new stadium, rather than just limping along at Leicester, with crowds dwinling, and then the plug gets pulled due to a lack of finances.

Save Coventry Speedway, should be attempting to put more pressure on all sides to see what the plan is

Wow I didn't expect such an aggressive response. Please don't misunderstand me -- I merely meant to say that I'm grateful to have a team to support (especially as I sponsor one of the riders) as I thought it was a total non starter. I first attended Brandon in 1968 and am heartbroken that my beloved home track may never be up and running again. I'm relieved /grateful for a lifeline. Have I explained how I feel a little less clumsier? ;)

• Like 2

Wow I didn't expect such an aggressive response. Please don't misunderstand me -- I merely meant to say that I'm grateful to have a team to support (especially as I sponsor one of the riders) as I thought it was a total non starter. I first attended Brandon in 1968 and am heartbroken that my beloved home track may never be up and running again. I'm relieved /grateful for a lifeline. Have I explained how I feel a little less clumsier? ;)

yep :)

Who would plough a lot of money into making Brandon fit to use again when the future of the stadium is bleak ?

Well, Avtar Sandhu has gone on record saying he would :/

We will wait and see if he does but didn't he also say he would get the bees a new home a few years back.

We will wait and see if he does but didn't he also say he would get the bees a new home a few years back.

To be fair, yes he did............only time will tell, but I have to say I'm not optimistic.

he also went on record saying he had no partner , but still had to buy the non existent partners 50% share off HMRC , to retain ownership of His share , this was when his friend and Non existent partner got put in prison for money laundering !!! says all you need to know about Sandhu . anyway all this posturing about helping to save the Bees load of cobblers Like the new stadium he was never intending to build , if he really wanted to see the Bees continue , why would he sell the stadium in the first place ,even if it was to himself ?

• Like 6