British Speedway Forum

So 12 years to raise £56k. New venue even basic would cost a over a million. So at that rate which would also need the club to keep running to collect it, it would take over 20 years to fund. Unless supporters buy 10 times the number of 50/50. And then you'd still need planning. Sounds like a non starter to me??

• Like 1

I'm still trying to reconcile why Sandhu sold to Horton in the first place! I know we were told that there were other interested parties, who were they then?

Coventry Speedway has been festering into a mess since 2010.....

• Like 2

And some fans reckon Sandu is worse than Horton

I remember when Coventry had a collection for Ryan Fisher I think in2013 and the total was announced . A few days later Horton had a collection at Peterborough. Being a fan of his all action style I contributed a fiver no problem. As far as I am aware no announcement was ever mentioned of how much was actually collected that night at the showground or if he ever received it there was no thank you thank mentioned for the generosity of the fans mentioned anywhere as far as I know which makes me wonder if he did ever get the collection money from that night. You would have at least to expect a total and just a little appreciation to be shown but there was nothing ever mentioned.

I'm still trying to reconcile why Sandhu sold to Horton in the first place! I know we were told that there were other interested parties, who were they then?

My first thoughts when he came in at Coventry was how long before they are in financial trouble . We were lucky at Peterborough that he did balls up As now we are a financially sound run club from promoter to supporters club and fans with a lot more willingness from all since his departure.

• Like 1

I remember when Coventry had a collection for Ryan Fisher I think in2013 and the total was announced . A few days later Horton had a collection at Peterborough. Being a fan of his all action style I contributed a fiver no problem. As far as I am aware no announcement was ever mentioned of how much was actually collected that night at the showground or if he ever received it there was no thank you thank mentioned for the generosity of the fans mentioned anywhere as far as I know which makes me wonder if he did ever get the collection money from that night. You would have at least to expect a total and just a little appreciation to be shown but there was nothing ever mentioned.

My first thoughts when he came in at Coventry was how long before they are in financial trouble . We were lucky at Peterborough that he did balls up As now we are a financially sound run club from promoter to supporters club and fans with a lot more willingness from all since his departure.

Ryan is on Facebook and I assume twitter. Why not ask him?

I think we might have got through the "war at the AGM" if that had been the end of the dirty tricks from some of the other promotions.

However the situation continued into 2011 ,and I believe the way Ford underhandedly used his position to pull yet another stroke with his action regarding P Kildemand was the final straw for Sandhu.

I agree that selling to Horton was a massive error, and anyone who has been around speedway for a decent time period would know that.

• Like 3

The collection to pay for a riders wife's flight from America to somewhere in Poland and gullible fans fell for it and dug deep,so wrong.

Riders playing the poverty card should be stopped.

Ryan is on Facebook and I assume twitter. Why not ask him?

Fisher thanked the fans on Twitter & Facebook at the time for the Brandon collection so he definitely received that

• Like 1

Fisher thanked the fans on Twitter & Facebook at the time for the Brandon collection so he definitely received that

I'm not so sure on the Peterborough collection I could be wrong but I have no recollection of it on the net or in the local press but as I don't do facebook or twitter I can't be certain of who's pocket that money went in.

I hope the 50/50 will revert back. No point having a 50/50 with a stadium fund if fans don't want it, it will achieve nothing. Both sides (Horton and Sandhu) should just let fans raise money whichever way we wish. We are already having a big change in going to Leicester let's just keep every thing else the same. Time for us fans to start thinking of ways to get back to (near) Coventry with Save Cov Speedway leading the way.

• Like 2

So what did Scott Nicholls have to say about the Brandon situation last night, how many turned up ?

You'll do well to get an answer, it's usually a secret.

As you would expect Scott was a great example of all the good folk in speedway. Prepared to give up his time and his generosity enabled us to raise almost £200 for the Young Lions. There were about 75 in attendance but I don't remember the Coventry situation being discussed at length (I stand to be corrected). All manner of subjects were covered with many laughs along the way. There were plenty of new faces in the audience and I think/hope everyone enjoyed the evening.

This is why we do what we do at our events; https://www.speedwayportal.com/gb-young-lions

• Like 7

I remember being asked re 50/50 fund. My understanding was a choice of whether It should go to Horton for causes of his choice or whether the organisers should donate to causes of their choice.

I hope the 50/50 will revert back. No point having a 50/50 with a stadium fund if fans don't want it, it will achieve nothing. Both sides (Horton and Sandhu) should just let fans raise money whichever way we wish. We are already having a big change in going to Leicester let's just keep every thing else the same. Time for us fans to start thinking of ways to get back to (near) Coventry with Save Cov Speedway leading the way.

I have no doubt that the fans would be quite happy to contribute if they were sure that their money was being used for the purpose described.

In the case of the NSSC everyone was happy that the funds were being looked after properly.

In Horton's case, I doubt many would have the same confidence.

• Like 5