British Speedway Forum

The value of land is largely dependent on its future development potential. If recent events have increased the likelihood of the land being commercially developed then it will have increased in value.

Surely if Sandhu sold it after failing to develop it and now Brandon Estates are selling it's not likely to be built on or one of them would have managed it by now.

I really don't think Horton is in any position to buy Brandon. I guess it was an emotional answer more than anything else. Also I would've though Brandon Estates would want there money back.

Edited by woz01

As I read it Brandon estates don't want Sandu involved so what is stopping Sandu backing a consortium to buy the stadium then moving his stox business back in. I mean by supplying the financial support as a sleeping partner?

• Like 2

Well that all sounded very positive NOT.

Well done to all concerned for creating one huge mess that will see a slow death of the Bees.

• Like 1

On a slightly worrying note. I was passing the stadium yesterday and saw that the doors to the hanger building, hanging off their hinges. I took a photo and wrote to the Bees website but have not received a response. I'm not sure who is responsible for / interested in stadium security currently.

I think the answer to that is nobody. Even the security dog Hank has given up.

• Like 1

Daft as it might sound, but any regulation as to WHERE a club can operate from. So the first 8 meeting at Leicester - but now as it appears a franchise is in operation, could the next 8 meetings operate from Poland ? nowhere in a million years want or think that this could happen, but so pi@/ed off that a club/city/town could potentially give up its intregrity to,a different location. Actually in hindsight would rather Coventry have finished several years ago - i.e. pre Horton / Watson / Sandhu - hope those 3 sleep well at night - although unfortunately reckon they do !!!

It depends on what take you want to put on it, on one hand with Brandon estates not talking it's a huge blow to the Bees. Leicester is our main hope and we can get through 2017 in one piece. If we give up then what support is that, we just watch and let the Bees fail? The future is not about the next month or year we want the Bees around for many years to come.

Brandon Estates indication that they are willing to listen to other parties does indicate that they have had enough and could end up being the best news to come out of all this. Brandon as a site with good council backing could be an attractive offer to somebody or some consortium out there. To make it more than a one day a week operation for half a year with plenty of scope to do so might be an option, a better option than sitting on land for 15 years with little chance of planning or even partial planning on such a site.

It is a long shot but it's still an option that many a club that have folded would snap your hand off for as once the club goes it's a huge problem to get back.We have an excellent fan base, great council support in Mr Stokes and with Stox a huge cash income then maybe somebody can use the site to its full potential.

The site is the home of Coventry Bees, why we are looking for a site to build a track on while the site we have won't get planning permission is beyond common sense. Council support or even going in 50/50 and Bees/stox repay the difference over x amount of years. a learner driver training course area, car boots, markets, circus ... just income, income and more income. Anything and everything is worth looking into.

• Like 2

Maybe Sandhu can buy it back seeing as he has money to burn ripping out fixtures and then offering to pay for them to be put back for nothing.

But then he didn't have to in the first place. :neutral:

Edited by stevebrum

The BSPA should buy Brandon. Obviously they won't...

Why should they. Why should they buy Belle Vue or any failing site/ promotion. Where do you think they would get the money from ?.

• Like 3

So with the spite Sandhu showed by vandalising the stadium he has succeeded in bringing an end to Brandon stadium.

Words can't discribe what I think of him.

Hero I would imagine.

Another step closer to your dream of the road names around the new estate built on the site of the old stadium.

There's only one thing worse than a troll, and that's a hypocritical troll.

• Like 3

It depends on what take you want to put on it, on one hand with Brandon estates not talking it's a huge blow to the Bees. Leicester is our main hope and we can get through 2017 in one piece. If we give up then what support is that, we just watch and let the Bees fail? The future is not about the next month or year we want the Bees around for many years to come.

Brandon Estates indication that they are willing to listen to other parties does indicate that they have had enough and could end up being the best news to come out of all this. Brandon as a site with good council backing could be an attractive offer to somebody or some consortium out there. To make it more than a one day a week operation for half a year with plenty of scope to do so might be an option, a better option than sitting on land for 15 years with little chance of planning or even partial planning on such a site.

It is a long shot but it's still an option that many a club that have folded would snap your hand off for as once the club goes it's a huge problem to get back.We have an excellent fan base, great council support in Mr Stokes and with Stox a huge cash income then maybe somebody can use the site to its full potential.

The site is the home of Coventry Bees, why we are looking for a site to build a track on while the site we have won't get planning permission is beyond common sense. Council support or even going in 50/50 and Bees/stox repay the difference over x amount of years. a learner driver training course area, car boots, markets, circus ... just income, income and more income. Anything and everything is worth looking into.

I do wonder if another Stox promoter will take on Sandhu's fixtures and then invest into the stadium. The site certainly needs to be a 12 month operation that why I've said units for shops/garage/nursery/gym etc that would only take a small proportion of the car park but makes the site owner some revenue during the winter.

Yes, put the stadium to other uses too to maximise income. Lots of potential for a site that size.

Isn't that what Sandu tried to do years ago but got knocked back on planning permission because the local roads are not up to standard?

• Like 2

Why should they. Why should they buy Belle Vue or any failing site/ promotion. Where do you think they would get the money from ?.

The BSPA are the custodians of the sport. They exist to ensure the future prosperity of the sport. Does anybody within the BSPA actually realise this?!!

Most people with any knowledge of the situation actually realise the BSPA repeatedly fail massively in this obligation.

I put a question back to you: Why did the RFL buy the lease for Odsal Stadium? Where did they get the money from for that?

Some quotes from the article below:

"Peter Hood, chairman of Bradford Bulls, adds: “This deal protects the club from the kind of attack which could see someone with little affinity for the Bulls acquiring it and the land for profit.

“That pressure has now been removed, the ground is owned by the RFL and the future of Bradford Bulls is at Odsal where the majority of fans want us. This is excellent news for Bradford Bulls, for the Bradford District and for the sport.”

The RFL already owns the ground of Bradford’s neighbours Keighley Cougars and has stakes in several other stadia.

RFL chairman Richard Lewis comments: “This arrangement is absolutely the right thing to do because it safeguards the future of one of the sport’s most famous stadia. Odsal is famous throughout the world and it would be a tragedy were the venue to be lost to the sport in the way that other evocative rugby league venues have already been lost."

From: https://www.pinsentmasons.com/en/media/published-articles/landmark-deal-secures-future-of-odsal-rugby-league-stadium/

Does this sound familiar???