British Speedway Forum

This will probably be the last straw for me. I supported the Bees as a kid, then Reading with my kids, and the Bees again with my kids when I moved back to the Midlands. There's no point just blaming Sandhu or Horton or mysterious men casting spells behind the scenes. Sandhu didn't close Reading. He didn't close Oxford. He wasn't behind Eastbourne going doen the leagues, or Ipswich. This is a sport in decline and there is no collective management trying to stve off the pressures from developers or noise complainants. There is only one question to be asked on this forum:

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

I am afraid it's goodbye from me and unfortunately, I fear, many others.

• Like 5

Time to kick the oldies off the head table of the BSPA and replace them as they are killing the sport.

Damian Bates seems a breath of fresh air but the sport needs more like him not the dead wood that lingers bringing our sport to its knees.

Come on Belle Vue - do the decent thing now and sign the Brits who need work.

And some PL clubs can ditch their lowgrade foreigners for the likes of Sarjeant and Nielson

And Joe Jacobs, the list is getting longer

If this is death of Coventry Speedway, I wish their fans well.

I loved visiting Brandon for British & Overseas finals during my youth and when Cradley didn't have a fixture home fixture on a Saturday night.

I came to support the Bee's long after Cradley had demised if only occasionally & via Sky's coverage.

Today is a sad day for British Speedway.

I have nevered supported Coventry but the parties who have allowed this to happen, and I do not know who is to be blamed, should be ashamed of themselves if they trully support British speedway.

Dont be so ridiculous, of course its the issue.

If the stadium was in a good condition we still wouldn't be at Brandon this season.

• Like 1

Of course, this may not be the end for Coventry speedway. It certainly won't be if the real fans have anything to do with it. But then, didn't we say the same thing about Reading and Oxford and the faithful there are still waiting for something to happen.

What another sad, sad day for British Speedway to see a club with the proud history of Coventry close their doors. Surely it wasn't beyond the wit of the BSPA collectively to prevent this from happening?

No doubt like many of you, I receive a lot of gentle banter from friends (mostly football fans) about my passion for a sport that claims to be professional yet seems incapable of running itself with any kind of organisation or cohesion. Sadly on days like this I have to admit that they are right.

David

https://speedwayprogrammes.wordpress.com

Just been told that on Cov and Warwick radio it was said Jeff Davies and Dave Rowe are trying to get us back on track next year and have meetings planned for this to happen. These guys absolutely love the club and we should all as fans do what we can to help them achieve this.

• Like 6

Absolutely gutted for all concerned.

As im retired I tend to pick and choose my meetings up and down the country, and tend to follow riders rather than clubs, but did attend Brandon 6 times last season and every meeting was worth it.

Come on boys and girls, I don't know how, but please try your hardest to keep this once high flying club going, and don't let it disappear.

Good Luck

This is very sad news for speedway and i can only imagine how Coventry fans are feeling right now. I put on the Belle Vue thread that maybe the powers that be could put the same effort in to helping Coventry as they have with Belle Vue. I can only hope that they can return next year as reported on the BSPA site.