British Speedway Forum

Apparently it was just about the Peterborough fixture.

It seems we may do some challenge matches during the season.

Not really sure of the point of that....

Not really sure of the point of that....

Keeping the name going I suppose. Could be quite important if Brandon Estates put in a planning application.

• Like 1

Hosting promoters not wanting to miss out on one of the best supported teams travelling to their clubs i would imagine.

Bees always take a large contingent of fans, and if there are just a handful of meetings for a side with the Coventry name, I guess they think we will travel in even larger numbers than usual

Keeping the name going I suppose. Could be quite important if Brandon Estates put in a planning application.

True.

I was just feeling from a supporters point of view, it just rubs salt in the wounds and keep the inevitable lingering on...

Hosting promoters not wanting to miss out on one of the best supported teams travelling to their clubs i would imagine.

Bees always take a large contingent of fans, and if there are just a handful of meetings for a side with the Coventry name, I guess they think we will travel in even larger numbers than usual

But it's not the Bees is it, they're not running....

Think it would need Hortons permission to be called Coventry Bees in these meetings but don't see why not.

Think it would need Hortons permission to be called Coventry Bees in these meetings but don't see why not.

Each to their own, I'm not interested in challenge meetings, or promotions that want to pick the bones from our defunct club...

It's to try and give some income towards the riders who have been left without a job, so as much as its a challenge match I think it's a gesture many would welcome. It doesn't matter what it's called. Team A vs Team B for all I care, just be good to support these guys who didn't ask for this and stuck by Coventry all winter.

We are asking fans to aim to get to the stadium for 3.30pm with a group photo taking place between 4pm and 4.15pm giving fans time to make their way to the stadium following the school-run.

What a stupid time. What about those that are still at work at that time???

It's to try and give some income towards the riders who have been left without a job, so as much as its a challenge match I think it's a gesture many would welcome. It doesn't matter what it's called. Team A vs Team B for all I care, just be good to support these guys who didn't ask for this and stuck by Coventry all winter.

Sandhu and his cohorts should be the ones to see the riders ok...He's the piece of dirt that did this to them. It actually beggars belief that people still defend him too.. :( Wheres his lackey giving a statement that they will put it right for the riders?

I'll happily give to a fund, that goes directly towards the riders, but I won't attend any meeting...

Leicester Lions had challenge matches during their defunct years, raced against Long Eaton, I went all the way to York and back to Long Eaton to pick my best mate up for that fixture, he'd been on a works outing, and was coming back with the rest of his colleagues from the Inland Revenue!! It was the only way he could of got to see the meeting!!

Also raced against Peterborough, in the defunct years, these were prior to the David Hemsley dreams..

So they are valuable to reunite fans to the Lions team, and supporters that had lost touch. The Lions team always had a smattering of ex Leicester riders in the team from the eighties..

Very enjoyable...

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Look, all we want is for the riders to have a little bit of income from these meetings or like you say a donation towards them.

I am sick to death of Sandhu is Brandon estates... I'm amazed nobody hired a private detective. They are all guilty and the riders should be looked after, messaged by Mick to tell them. The same way Colin Pratt left .. By txt. So nobody comes out in a good way.

Reading the Speedway star you can see K.Bjerre was really committed. Closer to his family that's the only reason he went for Coventry not Poole.Must go for most riders though, just a job.

• Like 1

Look, all we want is for the riders to have a little bit of income from these meetings or like you say a donation towards them.

I am sick to death of Sandhu is Brandon estates... I'm amazed nobody hired a private detective. They are all guilty and the riders should be looked after, messaged by Mick to tell them. The same way Colin Pratt left .. By txt. So nobody comes out in a good way.

Reading the Speedway star you can see K.Bjerre was really committed. Closer to his family that's the only reason he went for Coventry not Poole.Must go for most riders though, just a job.

You might want to spend time away from social media then, cos the Sandhu train is going to rumble on...how can it not?

Each to their own, I'm not interested in challenge meetings, or promotions that want to pick the bones from our defunct club...

I'm definitely interested in the Peterborough one because that was already planned so I hope it still goes ahead.

• Like 1

Not a Coventry fan & not wanting to wind you guys up, but this has to lay at the feet of Horton and the old BSPA regime. They ****ed Sahduh over back in the day & its never really been the same since. When he first bought the club I assumed like most the writing was on the wall. However he came in, spruced up the stadium, put together quality, successful teams & everything was going well. Like him or not he invested a lot into the bees. The BSPA knew this and more importantly both the bees as a team and Brandon as a Stadium where jewels in the British Speedway crown, however rather than work with him, did the opposite.

Since he's gone the writing really has been on the wall. How they thought Mich Horton being in charge (he should never have been allowed back near a Speedway team after previous happenings) was a good thing I'll never know.

I sincerely hope the Bees are saved and back in 2018.

• Like 1

Not a Coventry fan & not wanting to wind you guys up, but this has to lay at the feet of Horton and the old BSPA regime. They ****ed Sahduh over back in the day & its never really been the same since. When he first bought the club I assumed like most the writing was on the wall. However he came in, spruced up the stadium, put together quality, successful teams & everything was going well. Like him or not he invested a lot into the bees. The BSPA knew this and more importantly both the bees as a team and Brandon as a Stadium where jewels in the British Speedway crown, however rather than work with him, did the opposite.

Since he's gone the writing really has been on the wall. How they thought Mich Horton being in charge (he should never have been allowed back near a Speedway team after previous happenings) was a good thing I'll never know.

I sincerely hope the Bees are saved and back in 2018.

How can you defend Sandhu? 100% the reason Coventry are defunct.

• Like 4