British Speedway Forum

Will the wonderful mr sandhu be coming to this meeting because he was the one who promised the bees fans he wouldn't let them down, time for him to meet the fans again.

Good luck and hope the bees return next year.

I very much doubt it. Sandhu and Heaver have had plenty of chances to meet fans at Save Cov Speedway meetings but always declined an invite.

We just need to find around 2,000 people who will put up £1,000 ( or other multiples of people and pounds ) I am willing to put up £1,000 providing it is returned if sufficient support to buy or part buy Brandon is not found. I am a fan of speedway and not a Bees supporter so there may be enough fans who will do the same? Can we get the Speedway Star to publicise such a scheme? I am willing to play an organisational part in this project but definitely cannot do that all myself. Anyone else feel the same?

You can at least double that amount required if not triple it! It would be much more financially viable to start again in a different location.

You can at least double that amount required if not triple it! It would be much more financially viable to start again in a different location.

But the problem is Phil, where ??

Joe Beavers is this supposed to make us happen to make us happy bunnies Leicester and Wolverhampton close by via very busy motorways average 60 mile round trip, count me out my Speedwaylive viewing is finished after over 60 years supporting Brandon. Whilst I agree with you about the riders there has been quite a large posts about these riders and how dreadful it is for them so close to start of the season.

Joe Beavers is this supposed to make us happen to make us happy bunnies Leicester and Wolverhampton close by via very busy motorways average 60 mile round trip, count me out my Speedwaylive viewing is finished after over 60 years supporting Brandon. Whilst I agree with you about the riders there has been quite a large posts about these riders and how dreadful it is for them so close to start of the season.

I completely understand, it's not the same without your own team. When Wolves were closed in 82/83, I had Birmingham (with ex Wolf Hans Nielsen) and Cradley on my doorstep, 15 and 10 miles respectively. I went to 1 meeting in 2 years.

• Like 1

While true Brandon is the Bees fans home.

If by some miracle £4m could be raised most would prefer that spent on the existing site than a new venture

• Like 1

While true Brandon is the Bees fans home.

If by some miracle £4m could be raised most would prefer that spent on the existing site than a new venture

I dont think that will happen Danny.

Not a chance!

not defending either of them, but with the vitriol flying around who on earth would? no one knows what really happened, but the only thing i know is that we need the stox to keep going. If that means whoever runs the bees has to deal with them so be it. Without the STOX management we are dead in the water!

we may be at that point already but why try and p**s off the only hope the club has?

not defending either of them, but with the vitriol flying around who on earth would? no one knows what really happened, but the only thing i know is that we need the stox to keep going. If that means whoever runs the bees has to deal with them so be it. Without the STOX management we are dead in the water!

we may be at that point already but why try and p**s off the only hope the club has?

All the ar$e kissing over the years has got people where exactly?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I don't anything about this but has anyone looked into crowd funding? It seems to help all sorts of projects with a variety of people willing to chip in to reach a target sum. With the stocks and dogs also homeless, and many fans for those sports worldwide, as well as speedway, (not forgetting the history of the place), maybe this could be a solution?

All the ar$e kissing over the years has got people where exactly?

exactly where we new we would be since 2004!

the miss management of the timescales has caused this issue

unless you have several million pounds of your own, then what do you suggest?

even if we could crowd fund and pay for the land, the reality is that the stadium would still have to come down and replaced by something cheaper, the cost in keeping a 80 year old stadium up to current safety standards would be huge and would sink any speedway only venue.

• Like 1

Looking over the Belle Vue situation in regards to the council it goes to show purely on a financial and supporting basis of a site and red tape that the council can play a big part in our future. As the previous post mentions, it's an old stadium with limited shelf life but the site as a whole in size and location is ideal as it has been for decades for speedway and stox. I have everything crossed that somebody comes in and saves us from this mess.

As March drags on and press & practice would have been days away with the first smell of speedway, instead we out locked outside the gates begging for a future.

• Like 1

I get the impression Brandon Estates would be happy for the sports to run but don't want certain people involved. A 3 year deal was originally agreed only 4 months ago after all. They know that it will be many years before they even get a hope of houses there. Just need someone who can finance the repairs to track and floodlights (maybe fan funded). It's not the end yet.

If you had wanted Coventry to retain its speedway heritage then drop to the Championship and share with Leicester.

It would then show the council officials you were serious about retaining the sport in the City's name

and maybe they could see what Leicester had achieved with a purpose built stadium.

Trying to resusitate Brandon would be a waste of money.

If you had wanted Coventry to retain its speedway heritage then drop to the Championship and share with Leicester.

It would then show the council officials you were serious about retaining the sport in the City's name

and maybe they could see what Leicester had achieved with a purpose built stadium.

Trying to resusitate Brandon would be a waste of money.

The decision for Coventry to run in 2017 was taken by the BSPA by 'putting their licence on ice' due to the fact that the promotion could not guarantee returning to Brandon so presumably dropping to the Championship would not be an option either.