British Speedway Forum

I thought in the first season in the NL the attendances were quite good,this was when we rode mainly on a friday when it was a GP weekend.It was only when Horton for some reason started having matches here their and everywhere that the attendances dropped, plus the season when we had one league match till about august and then we had all the fun of double headers that were called off half way though with the supposed curfew.I think if sunday became the regular race day a reasonable crowd would turn up.

Edited by silverrocket
  • Like 1

I thought in the first season in the NL the attendances were quite good,this was when we rode mainly on a friday when it was a GP weekend.It was only when Horton for some reason started having matches here their and everywhere that the attendances dropped, plus the season when we had one league match till about august and then we had all the fun of double headers that were called off half way though with the supposed curfew.I think if sunday became the regular race day a reasonable crowd would turn up.

yep , all Hortons fault of course ,

yep , all Hortons fault of course ,

Is Horton paying you as you seem to be right up his ?

Yes

If he is it won't be much

• Like 2

I cant help think that the wind has been taken out of the saild of the Save Cov bees group since Horton made his announcement that he is no longer selling...

Edited by Sir Jasper

Latest suggestion in the Coventry Evening Telegraph suggests that Mick Horton is speculating Sunday afternoon National League speedway is the way to go. As one who attended Natiional League matches at Coventry last season I don't believe this would work it might keep the Bees name going but sadly there wouldn't be enough support and it would fail. Call me a pessimist if you want the numbers attending to support the Storm were low indeed. I appreciate all the hard work Jeff Davies and his group are pursuing but Nationsl League is not the way to go it would be a financial disaster.

The attendances may be lower but the expenses would also be lower. Its a matter of getting the balance right which wont be easy.

I cant help think that the wind has been taken out of the saild of the Save Cov bees group since Horton made his announcement that he is no longer selling...

What makes you say that?

Would it be worth Coventry forming a Championship/NL level team and stage a couple of "home fixtures" this season at Leicester?

Maybe in July/August on weekends the Lions are not at home?

Probably would need generosity on the part of the Beaumont Park landlord, however!

• Like 1

What makes you say that?

, Love him or loath him .it seems the only person Brandon estates are interested in doing a deal with Is Horton , having put their faith in Sandhu save cov bees are outside looking in just like Sandhu

• Like 1

Would it be worth Coventry forming a Championship/NL level team and stage a couple of "home fixtures" this season at Leicester?Maybe in July/August on weekends the Lions are not at home?Probably would need generosity on the part of the Beaumont Park landlord, however!

i think that it's a great shame that the challenges matches seem to have come to a halt. The turnout at Peterborough, Wolverhampton and to a lesser extent at Poole shows the support is there. I know we have Leicester and Rye House to come but it would be advantageous for the cause for visits to Kings Lynn and Belle Vue maybe along with any other fixtures that could be accommodated. Last weeks match at Leicester v Rye House was enjoyed by a number of Bees fans who enjoyed seeing NINE ex Bees on show. There are plenty of riders who could be called on for these challenges and would be good to see the likes of Ben Barker, Robbo, Ricky Wells along with the already used guys to make up the numbers let's hope that as the season goes on we can see the Bees on track on a regular basis and a return permanently in 2018.finally, nice to see D J Chris Simpson at Leicester last week amongst the faithfull!
  • Like 1

i think that it's a great shame that the challenges matches seem to have come to a halt. The turnout at Peterborough, Wolverhampton and to a lesser extent at Poole shows the support is there. I know we have Leicester and Rye House to come but it would be advantageous for the cause for visits to Kings Lynn and Belle Vue maybe along with any other fixtures that could be accommodated. Last weeks match at Leicester v Rye House was enjoyed by a number of Bees fans who enjoyed seeing NINE ex Bees on show. There are plenty of riders who could be called on for these challenges and would be good to see the likes of Ben Barker, Robbo, Ricky Wells along with the already used guys to make up the numbers let's hope that as the season goes on we can see the Bees on track on a regular basis and a return permanently in 2018.finally, nice to see D J Chris Simpson at Leicester last week amongst the faithfull!

I was there as a Bees supporter and despite the ''track'' problems I loved watching speedway again and the presence of Bees fans was obvious to see. I do like to take my dog (4 legged version) with me but can't attend Rye House for that reason -- Belle Vue is the same. Are dogs allowed at King's Lynn?

• Like 1

I was there as a Bees supporter and despite the ''track'' problems I loved watching speedway again and the presence of Bees fans was obvious to see. I do like to take my dog (4 legged version) with me but can't attend Rye House for that reason -- Belle Vue is the same. Are dogs allowed at King's Lynn?

yes they are

• Like 1