British Speedway Forum

It is in effect a derelict site...we should not be surprised. [We know it is a dormant speedway stadium but to the outside world....}

It's been a derelict site for months now without problem guess it suits owners now to have some visitors

Slip them a few quid and I am sure all the seats and other Sandhu related bits could be put back.

Dont ask them to fix the track though, two races and it will start to break up.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Brandon Estates considering Residents?

More to do with MONEY I would guess.

More importantly - will this be the end of Speedway at Brandon?

I sincerely hope NOT!!!!!

If the stadium was in use then it wouldn't be a problem. It doesn't need houses built on it!

They would just use the garden centre a cross the road otherwise with their caravans. Houses don't stop them

Let's hope the Police can move them on pretty damned quick.

I hope there isn't any further damage to the Stadium to add to that already done. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Give Peter York a microphone and tell him to stand on the edge of the car park. That should shift them :wink:

Seriously. I hope this situation can be brought to an end and Coventry find some way to return to Brandon or somewhere else.

• Like 2

Is this the same Brandon Estates who were going to sponsor the Bees this season but couldn't because of Avtar Sadhus conduct in removing fittings etc. Now we read the residents of Brandon are insisting that houses be built because of the tinkers and they are fearful. The meeting at Brandon village hall 2 years ago maintained the residents were on the side of Speedway/Stock cars continuing . This is reiterated by the article in the Coventry Observer site. There is no chance of a return and if there is the will to find land etc to resite the sports. Forget Brandon your enemy now is Brandon Estates. The whole thing has gone quiet and regrettably It appears the only solutionis is a new stadium. If and when housing is approved pressure should be applied on Brandon Eststes to honour their responsibility. In providing this.

Edited by abbo

I have to agree. It would take a minor miracle for the bees to get back into Brandon. It all seems like a cunning plan by several parties to make the stadium unfit for use. Who would have have guessed It!

• Like 1

Next will be arsonists mark my words.

Next will be arsonists mark my words.

Thanks for the tip off . We would never have thought about that being a possibility without your input.

• Like 2

More importantly at this time with just over a week to go to the challenge match atRye House, can we have some news of the team that the Bees will be using? It is important to keep the interest going with snippets of the efforts put in this season to keep the away support up to a decent level, the travelling support so far this season being enthusiastic but no news on a regular basis will soon loose interest in some quarters. Most will be looking forward to a decent Sunday away meeting plus the local derby at Leicester to follow. So let us all make the effort on these occasions to show the support that is there for our Bees.If there is enthusiasm, maybe further challenges will be arranged .