Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I fully agree with you since the start of these problems throughout the winter now well into the 17 season all we get is assurances that the utmost is being done but no indication who has been consulted i.e. Rugby Council, councillor Stokes, Brandon Estates!! Surely there must be something positive/negative but nothing. Sorry if people reading this are critical there has been little forthcoming. I appreciate that well intentioned people are engaged in discussions but unless there is something disclosed any interested supporters will just fade away and Brandon Estates will have achieved what they set out to achieve!

It tells you who they've been consulting with on the Website. Mark Pawsey MP, Cllr Stokes, Rugby Council, Coventry Council, Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership and Coventry MPs. They've also asked for a meeting with Brandon Estates (also on website) about the future planning application.

I agree with your observations my point is that something could have been reportable to supporters about WHAT has been discussed some sort of positive answers. Not a list of people we know have some sort of interest in Coventry Speedway/Stock car but if you want to keep the interest there has to be some sort of positive thinking. I regret it's all negativity and supporters are waiting and if the problems were resolved I ask would there be enough supporters to keep the sport going. When you read today that Holder and Batchelor have lost their employment. The Elite league had to change it's name because we no longer have Elite riders in this Country Yes Lingren etc few and far between. I am now an armchair supporter of BT and that's the best I can do after 50 years of supporting Coventry Bees!

Edited by abbo

A COVENTRY Select team will be racing in a Four Team Tournament at Sheffield on Thursday August 3.

The meeting also features the Sheffield Tiger Cubs, the Belle Vue Colts and a Poultec Select quartet.

The Coventry Select team is made up of riders who have all appeared for either Coventry Bees or Coventry Storm in recent years.

The quartet are: Adam Roynon, James Sarjeant, Ryan Terry-Daley and Luke Priest.

The riders will be using the official race-jackets which were produced for this season's Challenge matches and have already been worn at Peterborough, Wolverhampton and Poole.

Admission prices at Owlerton are just £10 for adults and concessions, with children admitted for £1.

Thanks to the Bates family, Julie Reading and Peter Mole for their interest in utilising the Coventry name, and we wish them well for a successful event.

Share This: Facebook Twitter

A COVENTRY Select team will be racing in a Four Team Tournament at Sheffield on Thursday August 3.

The meeting also features the Sheffield Tiger Cubs, the Belle Vue Colts and a Poultec Select quartet.

The Coventry Select team is made up of riders who have all appeared for either Coventry Bees or Coventry Storm in recent years.

The quartet are: Adam Roynon, James Sarjeant, Ryan Terry-Daley and Luke Priest.

The riders will be using the official race-jackets which were produced for this season's Challenge matches and have already been worn at Peterborough, Wolverhampton and Poole.

Admission prices at Owlerton are just £10 for adults and concessions, with children admitted for £1.

Thanks to the Bates family, Julie Reading and Peter Mole for their interest in utilising the Coventry name, and we wish them well for a successful event.

Share This: Facebook Twitter

Hello everybody....we are still around and doing our best

As long as speedway personalities are willing to support our efforts and fans want to attend we will continue to raise money to support GB Youth Speedway. We have again (as last year) recently donated £1500 to Neil Vatcher to help the U16's.

As mentioned in above posts Jeff Davies attends most NSSC meetings and is always willing to give updates.

Our next event may interest some of you as Gary & Lorraine from the 'Track Shop' are bringing their wares and offering them at much reduced prices. Denied the opportunity of their usual busy pre-Christmas shop openings they have plenty of stock for sale.

The Bees Track Shop comes to the NSSC on Thursday 24th August at 8pm. Free entry, open to all. More details of sale items to follow.

Everything you need to know about the NSSC (venue, directions, news, events) https://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

• Like 2

Congratulations to Bees on another fine away win at Wimborne Road last night. With guest Ben Morley at reserve, Bees almost equalled their 31 point away victory over Pirates in 2009, when they won 63-32.

POOLE 30: Hans Andersen 8+1, Paul Starke 6+1, Brady Kurtz 5, Timo Lahti 3, Edward Kennett 3, James Shane 3, Jack Holder 2

COVENTRY 60: Chris Harris 12+1, Krzysztof Kasprzak 11+1, Ricky Wells 10, Scott Nicholls 9+1, Ben Barker 8+1, Stuart Robson 7+2, Ben Morley (guest) 3+2

Premiership points: Poole 0 Coventry 4

• Like 7

I don't see what more you could do from your Statement.

I wish you all the very best of luck, and sincerely hope that your efforts are successful.

• Like 1

A nicely worded and well written statement, that explains the present situation very clearly.

It's going to be a" long slog " that will require a great deal of patience.

• Like 1

Would the Bees have made the play offs?

K Bjerre 9.11

Bates 5.3

L Bjerre 5.87

Garrity 6 (apparent PL average)

King 6.53

Kerr 4.3

Sargeant 4.34 (1.2 CL conversion)

Looking at the current PL team averages they would be sixth, below Poole & Somerset, but possibly under pressure from Rye now they have KK. King's average is poor.

Think they'd be rivals with Leicester for the spoon.

Would the Bees have made the play offs?

K Bjerre 9.11

Bates 5.3

L Bjerre 5.87

Garrity 6 (apparent PL average)

King 6.53

Kerr 4.3

Sargeant 4.34 (1.2 CL conversion)

Looking at the current PL team averages they would be sixth, below Poole & Somerset, but possibly under pressure from Rye now they have KK. King's average is poor.

Not sure you could ever tell going by what averages they are getting at different home tracks. Plus I doubt if we were running that would be the side now, all others have changed and some of those riders have been injured. Edited by woz01

Sorry everybody but just wanted to remind you about the Bees Track Shop sale on Thursday night. Everybody is welcome and of course it's free entry!

Our next event may interest some of you as Gary & Lorraine from the 'Track Shop' are bringing their wares and offering them at much reduced prices. Denied the opportunity of their usual busy pre-Christmas shop openings they have plenty of stock for sale.

The Bees Track Shop comes to the NSSC on Thursday 24th August at 8pm. Free entry, open to all. More details of sale items to follow.

Everything you need to know about the NSSC (venue, directions, news, events) https://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk