British Speedway Forum

Rob McCaffrey wrote - re evening newspapers " The spiral gains momentum and standards disappear. Remind you of a sport? "

​Indeed the problem of evening newspapers does remind me of a sport, the one most of us don't want to see fade away down the spiral any further - but what choice do we have or part to play in it, other than to pay at the turnstile?

​As for newspapers, well as smartphones are now almost universal and when the last of us ( me inc. ) "my phone's a phone and it can send texts" types have exited the planet the "glass" will be the only way to get / give information. They will be embedded before long to save you carrying them or dropping / forgetting them. Or will there be swing back in some way?

So, let me first introduce myself, as this is my first (and probably last) post on this forum. I am Jeff Davies, one of the 'dreamers' referred to above.

I don't normally go on this forum, simply because, whilst there are many rational people that make posts and engage in sensible discussion, unfortunately there are too many moronic idiots like 'Speedibee' who spout absolute rubbish and bring the forum into disrepute.

As someone who is in full knowledge of facts, I can tell you, you haven't got a clue what went on, is going on or likely to happen in the future.

So let me ask you Simon, sorry, Speedibee, why do you find it necessary to ridicule the efforts of the Save Coventry Speedway group who are trying their very best to bring about the return of both speedway and stock car racing to the area, to enable fans of the sports, particularly young kids, to enjoy?

In common with other members of the group, I have spent an unbelievable amount of time in the last seven or so months, in meetings with numerous official bodies including both Rugby and Coventry Councils as well as the local Member of Parliament, sent / received hundreds of emails and spent what seems to be half of my waking hours on the 'phone. All in an effort to find a solution to what is a very complex problem which you have no understanding of.

You ask, already knowing the answer, who is 'promoting' the challenge match at Leicester. Well Speedibee, I can tell you that I have personally arranged the series of challenge matches. I have had to agree a budget with the promoter at each club, negotiate pay rates with the riders, draw up contracts for each rider / each meeting and frankly, it's a time consuming, difficult and thankless task. But I've done it to keep the name of Coventry Bees going and to give the supporters a chance to see 'their' team.

Yet you seem to get some perverse pleasure in ridiculing these efforts. Why?

Amongst your other nasty posts, you refer to us as "a gaggle of empty pocketed disappointed supporters, led by a couple of dreamers" (I've corrected your spelling mistakes). Well, not that it's any of your business or has any real relevance but one of the 'gaggle' is a millionaire and a second one a multi-millionaire.

Reading through your posts on the Coventry situation, your comments are not 'tongue in cheek, they're not 'banter', they are really nasty, negative, offensive comments and are completely uncalled for.

Whilst I'm not here to defend Mr Sandhu, your frequent derogatory remarks aimed at him in many of your posts, smack of racism.

Your identity is known, revealed independently to me by dozens of people who know you. Interestingly, on Facebook, where your identity is there for all to see, you are a 'different' person.

I had thought about revealing your identity on here but I want to spare your speedway riding son any embarrassment as he may not realise his father is a vile, pathetic, sad excuse for a man, hiding behind anonymity.

One final thought and appeal to the administrators of this forum. This forum could be very credible and attract many more sensible and rational people to engage in proper debate if anonymity that attracts sad people like 'Speedibee' was not allowed. It's just a thought!

Don't want this to get lost in posts about newspapers, it's too important?

Thanks Jeff, you've given us some important info there and thank you to you all for working so hard. I see that glimmer getting brighter :D

• Like 4

Rob McCaffrey wrote - re evening newspapers " The spiral gains momentum and standards disappear. Remind you of a sport? "

​Indeed the problem of evening newspapers does remind me of a sport, the one most of us don't want to see fade away down the spiral any further - but what choice do we have or part to play in it, other than to pay at the turnstile?

​As for newspapers, well as smartphones are now almost universal and when the last of us ( me inc. ) "my phone's a phone and it can send texts" types have exited the planet the "glass" will be the only way to get / give information. They will be embedded before long to save you carrying them or dropping / forgetting them. Or will there be swing back in some way?

'Ere - watch it mate. :mad: :mad:

I haven't exited the Planet yet. :mad: :mad:

;):rofl:

I must say. Speedibee is very quiet!

i know, great isn't it.

• Like 4

I think the job Jeff, David and those working with them are doing is amazing.

They don't have to do it but they are doing it because of their pure love and passion for our club and I am really grateful for all the time and effort they are putting in.

They are fighting to stop the Coventry Bees from becoming just a name and so we can all see the sport we have missed so much this year.

I pity posters who take joy in pulling those helping apart and enjoy knocking those who are a credit to the support. Was a pathetic individual they are.

Speedibee should remove the bee part from his profile name as he is no true fan of the bees judging by his posts

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

So, let me first introduce myself, as this is my first (and probably last) post on this forum. I am Jeff Davies, one of the 'dreamers' referred to above.

I don't normally go on this forum, simply because, whilst there are many rational people that make posts and engage in sensible discussion, unfortunately there are too many moronic idiots like 'Speedibee' who spout absolute rubbish and bring the forum into disrepute.

As someone who is in full knowledge of facts, I can tell you, you haven't got a clue what went on, is going on or likely to happen in the future.

So let me ask you Simon, sorry, Speedibee, why do you find it necessary to ridicule the efforts of the Save Coventry Speedway group who are trying their very best to bring about the return of both speedway and stock car racing to the area, to enable fans of the sports, particularly young kids, to enjoy?

In common with other members of the group, I have spent an unbelievable amount of time in the last seven or so months, in meetings with numerous official bodies including both Rugby and Coventry Councils as well as the local Member of Parliament, sent / received hundreds of emails and spent what seems to be half of my waking hours on the 'phone. All in an effort to find a solution to what is a very complex problem which you have no understanding of.

You ask, already knowing the answer, who is 'promoting' the challenge match at Leicester. Well Speedibee, I can tell you that I have personally arranged the series of challenge matches. I have had to agree a budget with the promoter at each club, negotiate pay rates with the riders, draw up contracts for each rider / each meeting and frankly, it's a time consuming, difficult and thankless task. But I've done it to keep the name of Coventry Bees going and to give the supporters a chance to see 'their' team.

Amongst your other nasty posts, you refer to us as "a gaggle of empty pocketed disappointed supporters, led by a couple of dreamers" (I've corrected your spelling mistakes). Well, not that it's any of your business or has any real relevance but one of the 'gaggle' is a millionaire and a second one a multi-millionaire.

Reading through your posts on the Coventry situation, your comments are not 'tongue in cheek, they're not 'banter', they are really nasty, negative, offensive comments and are completely uncalled for.

Whilst I'm not here to defend Mr Sandhu, your frequent derogatory remarks aimed at him in many of your posts, smack of racism.

Your identity is known, revealed independently to me by dozens of people who know you. Interestingly, on Facebook, where your identity is there for all to see, you are a 'different' person.

I had thought about revealing your identity on here but I want to spare your speedway riding son any embarrassment as he may not realise his father is a vile, pathetic, sad excuse for a man, hiding behind anonymity.

One final thought and appeal to the administrators of this forum. This forum could be very credible and attract many more sensible and rational people to engage in proper debate if anonymity that attracts sad people like 'Speedibee' was not allowed. It's just a thought!

Can I just say good luck to you & those working with you to restore the Bees. Grew up supporting them. Saturday night was speedway night. My interest has wained in recent years & I no longer live near Coventry but to me speedway is Coventry & a league without them is a poorer place.

I can't believe Brandon is gone, so many good memories of the place.

People like you are the unsung heroes of minority sports & deserve support not vilification..

• Like 2

Boom. With a great post like this I hope it's not your last. Just reload and fire again at the next moron.

Keep up the good work Jeff and your fellow team, the real fans are right behind you!

• Like 4

I'm no Coventry fan, but may I just say what a superb post from Jeff Davies. Not just about the Coventry situation but about this forum.

Good work and long may it continue to the return of the Bees.

• Like 2

Is there scope for the proposed new Bees stadium to incorporate other sports, such as a BMX track, Go Kart track? Will it include Stock Cars, Greyhounds?

Edited by Sir Jasper

Is there scope for the proposed new Bees stadium to incorporate other sports, such as a BMX track, Go Kart track? Will it include Stock Cars, Greyhounds?

I would guess Stock Cars will be involved.

Stox were / would be the primary source of income.

• Like 1